• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
leggo

Urban Meyer

Hot Seat
Chris Ash, Rutgers
David Beatty, Kansas
Lovie Smith, Illinois
Randy Edsall, UConn
Clay Helton, USC
Bobby Petrino, Louisville

Coaching Carousel

Mike Jinks, Bowling Green - October 14, 2018 - Didn't win enough - Carl Pelini (interim)
DJ Durkin, Maryland - October 31, 2018 - Brick killed a guy - Matt Canada (interim)

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
  • Boiling
    • CUM
  • Hot
    • Kliff Kingsbury
    • Everett Withers
    • Scottie Montgomery
    • Brad Lambert
    • David Beatty
    • Mike Jinks
  • Simmering
    • Ed O.
    • Triple Option Paul Johnson
    • Bob Davie
    • Major Applewhite
    • Larry Fedora
    • Pat Narduzzi
    • Dana Holgorsen
  • Warming
    • Matt Rhule
    • Kalani Sitake
    • Gus Malzahn
    • Lovie Smith
    • DJ Durkin
    • Matt Luke
    • Mike Leach (just because he won't STFU and there's a new AD who may tire of his antics)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Man, I get that DJ Durkin's seat is slightly warm. But it would be beyond stupid to fire him after terrible luck with QB injuries. Someone would get a pretty good head coach if he got fired.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Harbaugh warming. Hasn't done better than 3rd in big east. Has Patterson this season. If he can't win at least a big championship talks of next coach will be ramping up.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Harbaugh isn't on the hot seat unless you've been in a coma for the past 15 years.

Harbaugh is one of those corches that is on everybody's hot seat except for Michigan fans. And that's all that matters.

No way Harbaugh is fired, regardless of what happens this season.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There will absolutely be rumblings if he has another 8 win season where the offense looks shitty. The problem is that you idiots (and by this, I mean @Skeeter) have the long term memory of a goldfish. 2016 ended on a bad note and then Michigan was mediocre in 2017. You forget things like how Michigan hamblasted Penn State early in 2016 and how they dominated Wisconsin the next week. You forget how much better Michigan was in 2015 versus 2014.

Last year downgraded my expectations for Harbaugh. He's not going to be Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But I'll be perfectly happy if most seasons are like 2015, with the occasional bad season and the occasional great season.

Skeeter

Uber felon
So you consider 2015 to be the great season with losses to Utah msu and osu and beating a terrible Florida team in a bowl? Apparently you have set the bar low.

Renegade

Charge on!
Kyle Whittingham might be on the warming list despite his consistency. They're the only program that hasn't won the PAC 12 South, and the natives seem a bit restless expecting some bigger seasons.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Kyle Whittingham might be on the warming list despite his consistency. They're the only program that hasn't won the PAC 12 South, and the natives seem a bit restless expecting some bigger seasons.

Not sure who they'd realistically get that would be an improvement over Whittingham, though. All I've seen over the past 6-7 years is that Utah is generally a tough out.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
You would think, but who cares about Maryland? The only notable thing they've done since the Fridge in the early 2000s was beat a shitty Texas team in Austin, and that was more hilarious than anything.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
You would think, but who cares about Maryland? The only notable thing they've done since the Fridge in the early 2000s was beat a shitty Texas team in Austin, and that was more hilarious than anything.
They beat Penn State.

And those coaches are definitely slow packing right now. We'll see if it turns into fast packing, but I think Durkin and the strength coach are definitely gone

NML

If they fire them, aren’t they sort of taking responsibility for that player’s death?

Tough line to walk for Maryland

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
If they fire them, aren’t they sort of taking responsibility for that player’s death?

Probably, but they can't just let them coach like nothing is going on. He'll probably get put on administrative leave, and Mike Locksley Chris Beatty will become interim coach again.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
They beat Penn State.

And those coaches are definitely slow packing right now. We'll see if it turns into fast packing, but I think Durkin and the strength coach are definitely gone

How in the hell was beating THAT team an accomplishment?

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

I think that ship’s already sailed. Players shouldn’t be dying of heat stroke with a trainer overseeing the workout.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Aren't they like 3-50 all time against Penn State?

Well, the "rivalry" is crazy lopsided, but that was a 6-6 Penn State team that was decimated by sanctions. It just seemed odd to call that the "only notable thing" before beating Texas.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Not much, but maybe making back-to-back bowl games in 13 and 14? Outside of the Ralph Friedgen era, that was the only time it happened in the last 33 years.

-YTC

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Not gone yet, but have to feel like the school admitting fault for McNair’s death, is the first step to firing DJ Durkin with cause. *Airhorn*

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, he's probably gone, but I'm a little surprised they didn't fire him outright. I guess they're probably investigating to make sure they can fire him for cause and not pay him any money. They did fire the trainer EDIT: actually the strength coach, who then got a nice little payday. Which is insane, but whatever.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I mean whatever with Durkin, but what kind of piece of shit athletic trainer withholds treatment from a kid for 50 minutes??