• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

bruin

Don’t be ridiculous

nd2.gif

true domer to the t..zzxxxx.gif

coogrfan

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Our AD's response to the rumors: "Within the last several weeks, we have shown our commitment to our football program under Major with salary increases to specific positions in an attempt to retain his staff for the future."

The salary increases in question are for guys who are now gone. IMO this doesn't bode well for Major.
That’s almost as good as the statement from Rutgers AD when he decided to keep Ash.

Seriously, none of these are any better:

Dallas Football Classic (2011, working title)
TicketCity Bowl (2011–2012)
Heart of Dallas Bowl presented by PlainsCapital Bank (2013–Jan 2014)
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl (Dec 2014–2017)

:scared:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
It's not simply the Cotton Bowl?

Edit: nvm.

Didn't realize the Cotton was still among the big bowls. Thought they gave that up when the old SWC folded into the Big XII.

coogrfan

Imo if Kendal Briles had returned Major would have gotten one more year no matter what happened in the bowl game. The problem is that we’re now looking for two coordinators. That’s a hard sell when you have a dead man walking as HC.

Brick

why progrums hire guys like applewhite and heupel who did nothing as OCs w elite talent at major progrums, i'll never understand.

Renegade

Charge on!
larry coker would have coached them to 12-0.

I go back and forth on whether we'd be undefeated with Frost. His team was more talented but had more close calls. Heupel was much more effective on 4th down especially and showed a lot of testicular fortitude where Frost often did not.

Given how awful our DL is, I'm not sure we'd have gotten it done in the 3-4. Then again, our LB corps was built for the 3-4 and our pass defense issues have come from the MLB being exploited because he's got a bigger zone to cover. There was a lot more blitzing under Frost, which probably would help given the weak DL. I'd probably give a slight edge to Frost, but it's hard to judge with Heupel not having 2 NFL linemen, Mike Hughes, and Shaquem Griffin. Frost had said he expected the team to take a step back this year because of the DL losses primarily. Arguably, Heupel has done at least the same with less on defense.

On offense, Heupel's has clearly been better even with the loss of an NFL WR and TE. The run game has been Top 10 all year even with speed backs that aren't built for it. Frost never really ran much tempo - we didn't huddle, but rarely were we in a true tempo mode. Heupel is all out on tempo, which I think has really helped the offense.

From a coaching standpoint, I think Heupel has been better. He seems to be a step ahead of Frost in terms of game management, and he also stays calm. Frost loses his shit sometimes because of bad calls, where Heupel is steady and kept calm in some big deficit situations.

The biggest upgrade though has been in program management. Frost was real loose and was about to have some academic problems and also had some discipline problems that we never had under O'Leary. Heupel runs a tighter ship, and I think he's in a good place in the middle of that continuum...not too loose like Frost and not an asshole like O'Leary.

All that said, no fucking way is Major Applewhite or say Charlie Strong undefeated with this team.

Craig7835

Since I posted about DickRod wanting to be an offensive coordinator for Ole Miss,he should throw his name in the hat for the Houston job,but I'm pretty sure Coogs fans don't want an outdated offense that's 60% run 40% pass & an out of whack 3-3-5 defense

Brick

I go back and forth on whether we'd be undefeated with Frost. His team was more talented but had more close calls. Heupel was much more effective on 4th down especially and showed a lot of testicular fortitude where Frost often did not.

Given how awful our DL is, I'm not sure we'd have gotten it done in the 3-4. Then again, our LB corps was built for the 3-4 and our pass defense issues have come from the MLB being exploited because he's got a bigger zone to cover. There was a lot more blitzing under Frost, which probably would help given the weak DL. I'd probably give a slight edge to Frost, but it's hard to judge with Heupel not having 2 NFL linemen, Mike Hughes, and Shaquem Griffin. Frost had said he expected the team to take a step back this year because of the DL losses primarily. Arguably, Heupel has done at least the same with less on defense.

On offense, Heupel's has clearly been better even with the loss of an NFL WR and TE. The run game has been Top 10 all year even with speed backs that aren't built for it. Frost never really ran much tempo - we didn't huddle, but rarely were we in a true tempo mode. Heupel is all out on tempo, which I think has really helped the offense.

From a coaching standpoint, I think Heupel has been better. He seems to be a step ahead of Frost in terms of game management, and he also stays calm. Frost loses his shit sometimes because of bad calls, where Heupel is steady and kept calm in some big deficit situations.

The biggest upgrade though has been in program management. Frost was real loose and was about to have some academic problems and also had some discipline problems that we never had under O'Leary. Heupel runs a tighter ship, and I think he's in a good place in the middle of that continuum...not too loose like Frost and not an asshole like O'Leary.

All that said, no fucking way is Major Applewhite or say Charlie Strong undefeated with this team.
saving this for a couple years down the road.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Major Applewhite's job limbo reveals administrative clown show at Houston

“The actions Houston is taking will not help in any way position Houston for the future,” said a Big 12 source. “In fact, just the opposite. Today and the way this was handled only reeks of desperation. Obviously there was no studying of those who built programs for the future the right way.”
The decision to fire Applewhite hasn’t been announced yet, as Houston has penthouse aspirations and Section 8 execution. Only Houston can dream about a run for the Big 12 but leave its coach sinking in quicksand for a week to save $1.5 million on the new coach’s buyout.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/major-...inistrative-clown-show-houston-233551453.html

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah but if Houston can steal ur corch, and you in a P5 conference, that is not a good sign.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Yeah but if Houston can steal ur corch, and you in a P5 conference, that is not a good sign.

It wouldn't be stealing because we aren't going to extend him. IIRC he only has one year left on his contract and next year is probably going to be a 7 win ceiling. He can either leave now or get fired next year.

Cue the Coming Home music for DickRod?

I shit you not, that would be a very real possibility if he'd not gotten fired from Zona and had put together a couple good years. :laughing: