• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

coogrfan

The funniest thing would be Holgorsen to Miami and UH is left holding their limp dick. Sorry @coogrfan

This isn't a Holgs or bust situation, there are several excellent G5 coaches to choose from.

Applewhite was taking the UH football program down, down, down.
If he was the coach next season:
what would attendance be?
What would season ticket sales be?
What would be the team's record?
What would be the player's conditioning be? Would there be many injuries?
Would he fight with a player over a jacket before the entire country?
Would he look like "a scared bunny in the head lights"?
Would he stand on the sideline doing nothing?
Would he do anything to promote the program?
The program would be a disaster after another year.

Last edited:

Thepro_23

If Holgerson goes to Houston I will be so confused. Would be a terrible career move for him, akin to Andersen jumping from UW to Oregon St. And WVU would be idiots for letting him jump.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
If Holgerson goes to Houston I will be so confused. Would be a terrible career move for him, akin to Andersen jumping from UW to Oregon St. And WVU would be idiots for letting him jump.

Holgs has reached his peak here and nobody is satisfied with 4th place in the B12 with his "best team ever". His only better years was the Big East season and then 2016 when the B12 was an even bigger dumpster fire than it was this year.

There's not gonna be any tears shed in Morgantown if he leaves lol. At least a new coach would have a rebuilding year next year as opposed to a lame duck season followed by a rebuilding season with a new coach. Tear the band-aid off now imo on way or the other.

NML

In the big east which was shit.

As opposed to the Big 12?

Okie St, TCU, and Kansas State all had down years, they had a cakewalk in non-conference, a top five Heisman candidate and two of the greatest receivers in program history all in the same season

They won eight games

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
As opposed to the Big 12?

Okie St, TCU, and Kansas State all had down years, they had a cakewalk in non-conference, a top five Heisman candidate and two of the greatest receivers in program history all in the same season

They won eight games
You Tom bout this last season or the previous 12 like you mentioned in the op?

They were in the big east for those 6 years prior to Holgerson which was the worst major conference by far. The big 12 had a down year this year. Ok so.

I guess I just am not accustomed to the world in which wvu is some power who is supposed to win 10 games minimum every year.

NML

I wasn’t suggesting that, but I don’t think the ceiling for the team is eight wins either. They’ve only won more than eight one time in the past seven years.

They’ve been behind OkSt, TCU, and basically on par with Kansas State and Iowa State despite having an athletic budget well above all of them since they joined the Big 12

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
West Virginia is similar to Nebraska and Tennessee except with not as much money or history and they are in a soon to be dead conference.

They had the best stretch in program history and then fired a corch for only winning 9 games a year (Stewart). See Solich and Fulmer. If they want it to get much much worse it certainly can.

Holgerson won 10 games twice and won 8/11 this year. If that’s not good enough then they gone get what they get. Welcome to 4 and 5 wins and a corching carousel.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
You Tom bout this last season or the previous 12 like you mentioned in the op?

They were in the big east for those 6 years prior to Holgerson which was the worst major conference by far. The big 12 had a down year this year. Ok so.

I guess I just am not accustomed to the world in which wvu is some power who is supposed to win 10 games minimum every year.
I don't think anyone expects us to win 10 games every year or even make the playoffs. But playing for the conference title once or twice in a decade would be nice.

NML

West Virginia is similar to Nebraska and Tennessee except with not as much money or history and they are in a soon to be dead conference.

They had the best stretch in program history and then fired a corch for only winning 9 games a year (Stewart). See Solich and Fulmer. If they want it to get much much worse it certainly can.

Holgerson won 10 games twice and won 8/11 this year. If that’s not good enough then they gone get what they get. Welcome to 4 and 5 wins and a corching carousel.

They already had a four win season - Dana’s third year

There’s enough of a sample size to know that Dana is just an okay coach. He can’t croot but he can run a great offense.

I’m not rooting for them to fire him but there’s no reason to think he’s keeping the program afloat. The next coach will decide whether they push up towards the NY6 or fall down for three seasons.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
guys unless a coach threatens a conference championship or makes a playoff run every year at a progrum that has never won shit he should be fired.

tenor.gif

NML

They only threatened to make the conference championship because they didn’t play anyone with a pulse until November.

I guess I don’t see what Holgorsen has accomplished that WVU should offer a big extension to keep him around.

coogrfan

I'm curious, why would Houston want an 8-4 kind of guy? They said those are the kind of guys they fire.
I'm guessing there is a belief that 8 wins in the B12 would translate into 9-10 in the AAC. Personally I would rather see us go after someone like Neal Brown or Seth Littrell.

Thepro_23

I'm guessing there is a belief that 8 wins in the B12 would translate into 9-10 in the AAC. Personally I would rather see us go after someone like Neal Brown or Seth Littrell.
Word is Seth wants a P5 job. I doubt he hops to Houston, especially after he turned down KSU.

Renegade

Charge on!
I get the Diaz hire so far as he's a Miami guy, yada yada yada. But their problem is a shit offense that needs a total overhaul, and I just don't see that coming from a career DC. It really seems like it was hiring a Miami guy to please the locals and keep the local croots happy. Short-term thinking.

I think the bold hire would have to steal Dino Babers from Cuse and let him give the offense the overhaul it needs.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Leach just led Wazzu to the most wins in school history with an overhauled staff and a grad transfer QB that came in a month before the season (even though it was MINSHEW) and would’ve taken that job in a heartbeat. Diaz lol

Debord retired at IU, thank fuck

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pretty much my reaction. Anyone who hired Debord in 2017 is probably not about to hire a Stitt or Kingsbury type or even JEDD