• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Craig7835

I think Illinois should probably just give up this football thing after Lovie.

This is what they get for rewarding his ass for failure. TBH I'm sick of Lovie Smith & if I were the Illini I would cut him loose & go after Butch Jones,depending on if he's still interested in the Rutgers job

Maybe @Skeeter was right

th

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Schiano lol. Just look at all the other former Big East schools that have had success running it back with their corches from the mid-2000s!

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Schiano lol. Just look at all the other former Big East schools that have had success running it back with their corches from the mid-2000s!
I’d say Rutgers is more akin to Oregon State bringing back Riley or even KState bringing back Snyder. I generally am not a fan of the return engagement, but I’m okay with it this time

There’s other guys I’d be okay with Rutgers hiring, but I’m pretty positive Schiano can bring in a good recruiting class
cRUits click!

Last edited:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
OK, the heat is on for Sitake at BYU. Nice guy and the players like him. But they should be doing better at this point than they are. The hard thing is getting a good coach who is an active member of the Church. Most with HC experience won't leave where they are at (Navy, Kansas City Chiefs) and the rest don't have HC experience. I'm not one to typically want a guy to get fired, but after Saturday even I think it might be time to try someone else.

bruin

OK, the heat is on for Sitake at BYU. Nice guy and the players like him. But they should be doing better at this point than they are. The hard thing is getting a good coach who is an active member of the Church. Most with HC experience won't leave where they are at (Navy, Kansas City Chiefs) and the rest don't have HC experience. I'm not one to typically want a guy to get fired, but after Saturday even I think it might be time to try someone else.

not sure what BYU fans expect not playing in a conference (Independent LOL, what is it 1988? even the military schools joined a league)

they just beat Tennessee and SC.

Renegade

Charge on!

Maybe you should just go a bit more Jewish-like and go birthright with the whole LDS requirement. Not an active church member, just one who was born in it. Then you could hire the GOAT and bring him forth from Pullman on the wings of angels. Of course, he didn't do any better against Utah this weekend either, so who knows.

Niumatalolo would have left Navy if BYU had let him run his offense. It doesn't make sense to hire a guy like him and then tell him he has to change to an offense he doesn't know. Honestly, flexbone with some bruising linemen could be interesting, and Navy has built in some pistol to open up the offense a little. It may end up looking more like Willie Fritz' offense than the traditional flexbone by year's end.

Renegade

Charge on!
Charlie Strong's buyout isn't public, but there's a few sources citing numbers around $5m right now, about $4.5-5.2m according to the latest report I saw. I don't think USF can afford that unless they use money they've raised for facilities upgrades. Of course, I'm not sure they can afford not to fire him either.

Craig7835

@Rutgers Mike

Jim Mora needs to sit his ass down somewhere. He barely won at UCLA & couldn't win with Josh Rosen in his last season to save his job & then hire a suck ass offensive coordinator to run "QWest Coast Concepts". I didn't like him when he was in Atlanta. His offenses consists of run,run,pass(or run again if they got a 1st down) & run again

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Rutgers Mike

Jim Mora needs to sit his ass down somewhere. He barely won at UCLA & couldn't win with Josh Rosen in his last season to save his job & then hire a suck ass offensive coordinator to run "QWest Coast Concepts". I didn't like him when he was in Atlanta. His offenses consists of run,run,pass(or run again if they got a 1st down) & run again
Im not a fan either. I would much rather have Schiano than him.

Mike Leach is a different story. I don’t care if his teams don’t play defense, at least the games would be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Im not a fan either. I would

Mike Leach is a different story. I don’t care if his teams don’t play defense

You know what Rutgers ought to do is hire a flexbone guy. Be that Georgia Tech team that pisses off everyone in the conference with cut blocks and wins decently with subpar talent. We've seen B1G teams struggle repeatedly against the academies.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
You know what Rutgers ought to do is hire a flexbone guy. Be that Georgia Tech team that pisses off everyone in the conference with cut blocks and wins decently with subpar talent. We've seen B1G teams struggle repeatedly against the academies.
They should 100% go get Monken from Army. Rutgers actually gets decent skill position talent. They could be a dangerous team in the flexbone. Never going to happen. Probably a good thing for my blood pressure. I already hate when Michigan plays a bone team once every 3 years.

Renegade

Charge on!
They should 100% go get Monken from Army. Rutgers actually gets decent skill position talent. They could be a dangerous team in the flexbone. Never going to happen. Probably a good thing for my blood pressure. I already hate when Michigan plays a bone team once every 3 years.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled that the AAC is probably going to drop divisions instead of adding a 12th team. It's going to result in us playing Navy a lot more regularly. Always bad for my blood pressure.

Craig7835

Im not a fan either. I would

Mike Leach is a different story. I don’t care if his teams don’t play defense

Leach had a pretty good defense last season but don't know what's Tracy Cleays problem this year. Rutgers needs to run a Multiple Offense with some Flexbone plays in it

Craig7835

Yeah, I'm not thrilled that the AAC is probably going to drop divisions instead of adding a 12th team. It's going to result in us playing Navy a lot more regularly. Always bad for my blood pressure.

AAC is stupid. Just add a 12th team & be done with it