• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
They should 100% go get Monken from Army. Rutgers actually gets decent skill position talent. They could be a dangerous team in the flexbone. Never going to happen. Probably a good thing for my blood pressure. I already hate when Michigan plays a bone team once every 3 years.
I mean he’s a name on the list. I don’t really think people are thrilled about the idea of being an option team.

Last time Rutgers was in the market for a HC I was high on Todd Monken who was at Southern Miss at the time and is the Browns OC now.

Anyway, if it’s not Schiano, I want a guy who is committed to an offensive scheme. Rutgers biggest problem under Ash was that they kept switching not just OCs but schemes. Went from a multiple/ pro style to power spread to whatever Kill was running back to pro. Just messed with recruiting way too much.

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Whoever is coaching Rowan is doing better in NJ than Ash.
giphy.gif

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
This is what they get for rewarding his ass for failure. TBH I'm sick of Lovie Smith & if I were the Illini I would cut him loose & go after Butch Jones,depending on if he's still interested in the Rutgers job

My dark fantasy is Jeff Monken, is from Illinois, coached in Illinois. Lifted up two programs.

Don't think people would be on board with the option offense.

bruin

CHIP coaching like he knows UCLA has no CHANCE in firing him.

question is, 1-11
will there be questions?
I mean thats so close to TYRONE WILLINGHAM SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE territory..

I just can't man.

Renegade

Charge on!
CHIP coaching like he knows UCLA has no CHANCE in firing him.

question is, 1-11
will there be questions?
I mean thats so close to TYRONE WILLINGHAM SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE territory..

I just can't man.

What is wrong out there? I know Chip's offense is no longer innovative, but he's still a pretty proven coach. Maybe not MNC caliber, but certainly win the P12 South caliber. What's your take on what's wrong?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What is wrong out there? I know Chip's offense is no longer innovative, but he's still a pretty proven coach. Maybe not MNC caliber, but certainly win the P12 South caliber. What's your take on what's wrong?

He's not running his innovative offense and the defense is horrible.

I don't really get people who say Chip's offense is outdated or whatever. Is there anybody out there now that goes at the pace Oregon did from 2009-2013? I'm sure there's a few teams I haven't watched closely, but for the most part when teams go no huddle, they aren't trying to snap it before 30 seconds on the play clock like Oregon used to.

Renegade

Charge on!
He's not running his innovative offense and the defense is horrible.

I don't really get people who say Chip's offense is outdated or whatever. Is there anybody out there now that goes at the pace Oregon did from 2009-2013? I'm sure there's a few teams I haven't watched closely, but for the most part when teams go no huddle, they aren't trying to snap it before 30 seconds on the play clock like Oregon used to.

UCF actually. We snap usually with 30 or more on the clock. I feel like the pure zone read has been figured out and teams are also used to the pace a bit more. Urban modified his offense as well for instance from that spread option attack.

bruin

It goes back to Mora's regime.
Chip has absolutely gutted the program from Mora's tenure. Add the fact from Mora's 2015 recruiting class when 20 out of like 27 players didn't last two years with the program with either transferring and or just quitting. Mora got lazy in recruiting his last couple years (divorce with his wife of 20+ years)
There's a serious lack of talent that is really numbing. He's at the point where he's just throwing in DB's and seeing what they can do. At one point last night I counted 8 either RS Frosh or true frosh in on defense.
But it goes both ways. Chip and co. aren't hitting the recruiting trail. At all. Ranked 73rd behind programs like Bowling Green and Wake Forest. How is that even possible. Myself and @Bmack with some Cuban coeds can bring in at least a top 20 class. UCLA recruits itself (hisself)

I go back to Yankoff and Chris Petersen block his eligibility this season. Really think he would have made a difference at QB (Like SPeight did last year)
Seriously hard to find another win on the schedule. Maybe HERMano at home? But 1-11 is a strong possibility. In a year when at least a bowl game was expected.

Chip's been snippy with the media and the dogs are out. The LA Times really have been on him and he seems to be a little cracked. See how he handles it the rest of the year.

41k announced last night. 52k last year at home v SC. Tickets aren't selling and it's a big driving point obviously. A new AD will be hired next summer. Chip is the opposite of Mick Cronin at the moment where the Basketball program has embraced major.

I don't think you can fire a coach, especially one named Chip Kelly after just two seasons. But this has been pretty dreadful in every facet..

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Still #22 in 247's talent composite. I can buy the CUPBOARD BARE (@Brick) argument for not being able to compete with OU, UDub, Furd, etc. I don't buy that a halfway decent corch couldn't put together a better season with the players UCLA has than getting wrecked by SDSU and Oregon State at home, losing to a Zona team without Tate or Taylor, and 1-11 a very real possibility.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
After dealing with Lovie for 4 years the whole rebuild thing is over rated. There are coaches, much worse coaches overall, who have won more games than Lovie with much less talent.

I could see Chip doing better eventually and he should get at least 1 more year. But it's not without risk of it not panning out.

I was high on Lovie, and willing to give him some leeway because of the talent he was bringing in, but not hiring a DC and promoting his own son was just bad. There are reasons to get Lovie out that Chip hasn't shown yet.

bruin

Still #22 in 247's talent composite. I can buy the CUPBOARD BARE (@Brick) argument for not being able to compete with OU, UDub, Furd, etc. I don't buy that a halfway decent corch couldn't put together a better season with the players UCLA has than getting wrecked by SDSU and Oregon State at home, losing to a Zona team without Tate or Taylor, and 1-11 a very real possibility.

Chip has hired his buddies. DC Azznnarzzio or whatever his name is makes me dire for Nick Allioti.

Chip isn’t putting his players in position to WIN THE GAME. He’s BS’n. Where was Felton against AZ?

Brick

no one "figured out" chip's offense. buckeyenation was saying that in 2009. he isn't running it. that is only part of the problem.

gotta remember at oregon he inherited a culture of great offenses and that RB and OL corching staff, including bellotti who is a great offensive mind, had been there for literally 20+ years. also he made a pretty decent hire im bringing scott frost in as WR corch and helfrich as OC. compare the situation to what lincoln riley had at oklahoma when he took over as OC and now HC - the offenses at OU and UO were fine when he got there but he brought a new perspective/philosophy that re-energized the PROGRUM. he didn't have to do any program building at oregon. he left the defense alone and that was also a staff of multi-decade experience at oregon.

so tell me, what recent tradition of players at UCLA does he have to draw on on offense to get the CROOTS hyped? fucking brett hundley? CHOSE? there's a reason @bruin is still clinging to cade mcnown. akili smith was great too but oregon has had great QBs since him and until CORCH CROOT took over the run of RBs was amazing.

also oregon crooted itself at that point with the uniforms and flash and shit and the staff kept pulling from the same places.

i get LA is an attractive destination but the juxtaposition of how beautiful the rose bowl is and how fucking depressing and docile it is during a UCLA game can't be that attractive right now.

Last edited:

Brick

also although helfrich was not a NICE FIT as a HC. if he had 4 years with herbert i bet he'd easily be a top 5 pick. the offense was not the problem. and look how the O has nosedived with the staff completely replaced.

Craig7835

What are you guys' take on the job Herm Edwards is doing? IMO I think he's doing a good job & looking at the rest of their schedule they may win 9 games & they should've won 9 last season but they were with that Fool Okie Doke in games they should've won. The offense has been vanilla: 113th in passing yards,200th in rushing yards & 162nd in total yards. IMO it's a step back from the Todd Graham years, but the defense has been suspect as well

bruin

frat boy Norvell has Memphis rolling. Mentioned him to Westwood and I think one friend of mine hit me below the belt about my drinking so I never mentioned him again.

bruin

no one "figured out" chip's offense. buckeyenation was saying that in 2009. he isn't running it. that is only part of the problem.

gotta remember at oregon he inherited a culture of great offenses and that RB and OL corching staff, including bellotti who is a great offensive mind, had been there for literally 20+ years. also he made a pretty decent hire im bringing scott frost in as WR corch and helfrich as OC. compare the situation to what lincoln riley had at oklahoma when he took over as OC and now HC - the offenses at OU and UO were fine when he got there but he brought a new perspective/philosophy that re-energized the PROGRUM. he didn't have to do any program building at oregon. he left the defense alone and that was also a staff of multi-decade experience at oregon.

so tell me, what recent tradition of players at UCLA does he have to draw on on offense to get the CROOTS hyped? fucking brett hundley? CHOSE? there's a reason @bruin is still clinging to cade mcnown.
akili smith was great too but oregon has had great QBs since him and until CORCH CROOT took over the run of RBs was amazing.

also oregon crooted itself at that point with the uniforms and flash and shit and the staff kept pulling from the same places.

i get LA is an attractive destination but the juxtaposition of how beautiful the rose bowl is and how fucking depressing and docile it is during a UCLA game can't be that attractive right now.

What an amazing fucking post. @Brick
tumblr_pumigzyfvZ1tmwleko1_500.gif

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-fo...-in-danger-of-losing-their-job-041849433.html

RUTGERS – There’s early talk that Rutgers is going to play ball with the Big Ten big boys, including a coaching salary in the neighborhood of $4 million and, perhaps more important, a coaching staff salary pool in the neighborhood of $5 million. That type of commitment is needed to give Rutgers a prayer, as they are talent-deprived and generally hopeless after passing for one yard against Indiana. The fan, media and booster favorite here is Greg Schiano, the best coach in school history who has sat out this season. But Rutgers hired a search firm and is committed to a process. Look for the two biggest factors to be head-coaching experience and New Jersey ties, which former coach Chris Ash lacked.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
What are you guys' take on the job Herm Edwards is doing? IMO I think he's doing a good job & looking at the rest of their schedule they may win 9 games & they should've won 9 last season but they were with that Fool Okie Doke in games they should've won. The offense has been vanilla: 113th in passing yards,200th in rushing yards & 162nd in total yards. IMO it's a step back from the Todd Graham years, but the defense has been suspect as well

I thought they would fall off the cliff last year. Then I thought they would fall off the cliff this year and they haven't yet so who knows. They still have to get to the meat of their schedule so there is still time for them to fade out finishing 7-5 or so

bruin

eager to hear the RUMORS if the Bruins get blasted by a average Stanford squad with their 3rd string QB tonight on national tv..

Craig7835

I thought they would fall off the cliff last year. Then I thought they would fall off the cliff this year and they haven't yet so who knows. They still have to get to the meat of their schedule so there is still time for them to fade out finishing 7-5 or so

I think they'll finish 8-4