• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Skeeter

Uber felon
His son is a senior in HS but turning down 5m a year when you make 2.2 is a bold move. I'm not sure I could pass up a job that more than doubles my salary

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
While it may still be true, the wording of the tweet is off. He 'abruptly' left exactly on the day that his bonus kicked in?

Wolfman21

5+ mil per year for a guy who has been a head coach for 1 year and went 5-7? Holy shit. Not to mention that he seems to be a trashcan as he tweeted his commitment to CU 3 days ago, apparently went on 3 diff radio stations yesterday affirming his commitment to CU and even had a donor event he attended in colorado last night. Gah damn

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

giphy.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
LMAO, I actually listened to the Mel Tucker interview doubling down on the Twitter statement on 92.5 yesterday. Buff fans pissedddddd

Some dipshit I know said they should hire Bienemy, LOL

Lightningwar

Administrator
5+ mil per year for a guy who has been a head coach for 1 year and went 5-7? Holy shit. Not to mention that he seems to be a trashcan as he tweeted his commitment to CU 3 days ago, apparently went on 3 diff radio stations yesterday affirming his commitment to CU and even had a donor event he attended in colorado last night. Gah damn

Willie Taggart 2.0. It gets better if Mel hires Harlon Barnett as the DC.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
LMAO, I actually listened to the Mel Tucker interview doubling down on the Twitter statement on 92.5 yesterday. Buff fans pissedddddd

Some dipshit I know said they should hire Bienemy, LOL
Well they should, but the realisticness of that is just a step below BOULDERs rivals thinking Urban gon come.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Guys who made under $5 mil last year:

Gary Patterson
Petersen
LEACH
ROW THE BOAT
Ryan Day
Shaw
DA CORCH O
Chryst
Whittingham
BRONCO

Lol

Sitake would be on that list, but they probably left him off because BYU doesn't have to give out his salary since they are a private school. Just to make sure your list is complete.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I know it will be popular to shit on Tucker for his comments about the transfer portal and reaffirming his commitment to Colorado, but if they come back with a counter-offer that doubles my salary, I'd jump at that opportunity as well.

The roasting is completely justified (especially as it relates to the "transfer portal" comments LAWD), but I struggle to think of who wouldn't do the same thing if faced with the same decision.

-YTC

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The transfer portal comment makes so little sense even if he doesn’t go and perfectly illustrate why it doesn’t make any sense, lol. When did he make that comment?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I know it will be popular to shit on Tucker for his comments about the transfer portal and reaffirming his commitment to Colorado, but if they come back with a counter-offer that doubles my salary, I'd jump at that opportunity as well.

The roasting is completely justified (especially as it relates to the "transfer portal" comments LAWD), but I struggle to think of who wouldn't do the same thing if faced with the same decision.

-YTC

Any rational person would take the chance to double their salary, especially since MSU seemed to bend to all his demands anyway, lol.

It was just how he did it. He went on a media tour pumping up CU signing day and saying all the right things, shaking hands with all the donors, and then leaves the next morning. I totally get why CU alums would be fucking pissed. I also get why it's too lucrative of an offer to pass up. Mel apparently planned to meet with the team in the morning to say he was going to Michigan State and the AD did not allow him to do that. I don't really get that, but long story short Pac 12 blows and App could probably win that conference so who really gives a shit.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Any rational person would take the chance to double their salary, especially since MSU seemed to bend to all his demands anyway, lol.

It was just how he did it. He went on a media tour pumping up CU signing day and saying all the right things, shaking hands with all the donors, and then leaves the next morning. I totally get why CU alums would be fucking pissed. I also get why it's too lucrative of an offer to pass up. Mel apparently planned to meet with the team in the morning to say he was going to Michigan State and the AD did not allow him to do that. I don't really get that, but long story short Pac 12 blows and App could probably win that conference so who really gives a shit.

I definitely get why CU alums are upset, but the timeline makes sense. IMO, this is how it went down:

-Tucker goes to MSU interview, and has exorbitant demands, because Sparty has been shot down by everyone else
-Tucker leaves interview with MSU telling him they won't meet the demands
-Tucker goes back to Colorado, with full intentions of being the CU head coach and was completely honest when shaking hands with donors, pumping up with signing day, etc...
-MSU realizes that they can't get anyone else, and caves to his demands
-MSU reaches out to agent and says "We'll take him, but he's gotta accept right now."

Now Tucker looks like a jackass, but he had no other choice to make. I feel bad for the players either way, as "Portal is bad" Man gets lucrative offer that he hadn't really earned and they are now left with a staff that they don't have relationships with.

In conclusion, pay the players and let them transfer whenever the hell they feel like it.

-YTC

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I think you'
I definitely get why CU alums are upset, but the timeline makes sense. IMO, this is how it went down:

-Tucker goes to MSU interview, and has exorbitant demands, because Sparty has been shot down by everyone else
-Tucker leaves interview with MSU telling him they won't meet the demands
-Tucker goes back to Colorado, with full intentions of being the CU head coach and was completely honest when shaking hands with donors, pumping up with signing day, etc...
-MSU realizes that they can't get anyone else, and caves to his demands
-MSU reaches out to agent and says "We'll take him, but he's gotta accept right now."

Now Tucker looks like a jackass, but he had no other choice to make. I feel bad for the players either way, as "Portal is bad" Man gets lucrative offer that he hadn't really earned and they are now left with a staff that they don't have relationships with.

In conclusion, pay the players and let them transfer whenever the hell they feel like it.

-YTC

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/16/mel-tucker-colorado-michigan-state-football

This is a mostly CU donor POV but I have a hard time thinking he didn't have his agent actively negotiating with MSU while he was doing all these events. These events had already been scheduled well in advance and I'm sure he felt obligated to attend them despite the uncertainty of his future, and I'm sure he wanted to push through in case the deal fell apart or whatever. I already saw college football as a morally bankrupt profession anyway so it doesn't change how I feel about anything. Other than lawd maybe don't spend 6 million on a dude who hasn't proven anything yet other than CROOT CROOT CROOT