• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Custom Defense Order?

Haze88

Since it's very well known, the base offensive playbook you pick affects the order of the formations (i.e. I-Pistol-Shotgun-Wildcat vs Shotgun-Wildcat-I-Pistol) is there a formula for the defense? As in can I pick a playbook that orders my formations 4-3/4-2-5/Nickel/Dime or 3-4/3-3-5/Nickel/Dime etc.?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Since it's very well known, the base offensive playbook you pick affects the order of the formations (i.e. I-Pistol-Shotgun-Wildcat vs Shotgun-Wildcat-I-Pistol) is there a formula for the defense? As in can I pick a playbook that orders my formations 4-3/4-2-5/Nickel/Dime or 3-4/3-3-5/Nickel/Dime etc.?

The answer is yes... and no. Generally speaking, whichever base playbook you select for your custom playbook is what is going to come first. If you pick a 425, 425 will be first, followed by 43, followed by Nickel. Just delete everything from the playbook and add it back in order and you should be good to go.

Where you're going to run into problems is Dime/326/Quarters. Those three formations tend to have a mind of their own when it comes to ordering, in some cases putting themselves between your 43/425 and Nickel formations. Because that annoyed the hell out of me and I couldn't discover a way to fix it, I just removed them all. They haven't been missed, although I admit Dime would be nice to have against the people who constantly run 3x1 spread trips against me.

I have two playbooks, similar to what you're talking about. A Multiple Even and Multiple Odd book. The Multiple Even if 425, 43, 44, 46, Nickel in that order. The Multiple Odd is 335, 34, 52, Nickel in that order.