• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dat Week 13 Thread- Brought to You by @bruin

Plotty

Tath Meacher
pulling for the homey @Plotty
Thanks brother..gonna need it since todays Tommy is version I am a fucking toolbag qb.

The Gerry targeting call sucks ass. Put em in bubbles.

Besides all that being down 4 is a damn miracle.

Kansas City Royals. 2015 World Champions. And I will not let you forget it.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
This targeting call on Nate Gerry is a good example. If you look at the play in real time, what is a defender to do? The WR is airborne and twisting, Gerry is trying to hit the guy to stop the ball from being caught, how can Gerry predict where the WR's head will be when he starts his process for hitting the guy. You can't really stop once you have started. You HAVE to launch! That is how you separate a receiver from the ball.

The whole idea is preposterous in the game of football. Will the forces, angles, and speed of the game, people can't avoid hitting the head unless they just stop trying to hit people hard. And if that is your ultimate goal, to stop hard hitting, then the game ruined. You can't play effective defense if you can't try and hit the offense hard, especially the WR. Letting the ball be caught and then executing controlled safe tackling makes the defense ineffectual.

They say the rule is for safety, but notice it only goes against the defense. No one penalizes a RB for lowering his head and hitting players. No one calls helmet to helmet contact between lineman in the trenches on the goaline plays. Maybe some of it is for safety, but I think most of it is to turn the game into a lower contact higher scoring game for ratings.

They should. It's also bullshit runningbacks can push your facemask on stiffarms. The reason we dont have those calls yet is guys like you saying the Nebraska hit was "just part of football"

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone put John Saunders out of his misery, good God what is he blathering about.

Wooly

People clinging on to the archaic game that leads to so many with brain injury. sometimes your entertainment takes a backseat to people's health.

The game is physical, don't play if you don't want to get hurt, go play something else. They are adults who make their own choices, and they know what the game is. My entertainment takes a seat on the couch where I eat and drink while other people risk their health for my enjoyment. Go footbaw!

Wooly

Why am I not surprised by all this? That hit is not the one to be defending.

Certainly it was not a complete accident targeting call, like some unfortunate defenders have been ejected for. Gerry went for the hard hit with a much greater chance of injury than some calls have been, he was not trying to be careful. Was he trying to hit the helmet? I really doubt it, but he was not being careful about it. He just went for the hit. And that is my point. He should be able to go for the hit. I don't like the rule or the calls that come with it, whether it is the complete accident targeting calls, or the ones where the defender could have been more careful.

I am here to watch really big people beat the crap out of one another as they execute. You know, the whole controlled violence thing.

ozctcvesensds8q5begl.jpg

Soonerfan09

I am Wooly. Hate me some targeting, at least the bang-bang plays where it's pretty much unavoidable.

I hate the ejection more than the penalty itself. Should be at least 2 targeting calls before ejection and should only be for the remainder of the game being played.

Wooly

I am Wooly. Hate me some targeting, at least the bang-bang plays where it's pretty much unavoidable.

I hate the ejection more than the penalty itself. Should be at least 2 targeting calls before ejection and should only be for the remainder of the game being played.
Yeah, the obvious reason for why they do it this way is to make the defense afraid to even try to hit players hard. Nate Gerry just said fuck it, I am going to hit players as hard as I can, like I should, and let the chips fall where they may...plus he has nothing else to play for if they don't get a bowl game.

Same thing with how they protect QBs, they want to make the defense afraid to be too physical with the QB. They are neutering defenses. Don't let your defenses be neutered! You know PITA is behind this.

Wooly

Pita is a solid bread but not sure what it has to do with football.

Dammit @Bmack

I don't know who the fuck they are, I just know my pastor told me they were evil and Hillary is the anti-Christ. The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Perfect Pita fucking sucks

Wooly

My favorite play of the game was the 4th and one by Nebraska in field goal range down 2 scores.... I bet wooly had a stroke when they came out in shotgun formation. Then they went for the fatality on wooly by calling a fade. LMAO
I'll admit it, I was this close to calling 911. I just assumed it was going to be a QB keeper, like every other play with 2 yards or less. I watch games hooked up to telemetry these days, watching for that STEMI. I told my insurance to bill Shawb Eichorst, still waiting on that ruling.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Ugh Fuck Iowa. They were the better team and they will have a punchers chance against anyone but ugh. At least a big ten team will be in the playoffs but ugh

We are stuck with armstrong next year most likely ughhhhhhhhh