• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dunk on anyone but SLENDERMAN 22-23

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Am I the only one in this sub who's actually played organized tackle football before?

Like half of the comments I've seen on this sub are so obviously written by non-athletes that it's almost humorous.

When I was in high school (3 year starter for our varsity football team) I would get a full-on sprint going and clock the shit outta whoever had the ball. My coaches called me "speedhawk" as a nickname caus I had such a nose for the football and for those three seasons I was considered the most feared safety in our conference. Senior year I led my team to the state semifinals only to get fucked over by the refs in the 4th but that's another conversation (DM me if you're interested in hearing about it)

So, yeah. I hope yall can understand why I feel like their's such a big disconnect between myself and your typical redditor. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way lol
Did you play at McPherson College by chance?

evil1

This is the best MVP race the NBA has had in a long time just in terms of the number of guys playing out of their minds. It is at least 5 deep (Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Embiid, Luka).

evil1

You think it's crazy to include the guys averaging
33.5 pts, 10 rebs, 4 asts, and 2.8 stls+blocks per game, and
31.1 pts, 8.7 rebs, 4.4 asts, and 1.9 stls+blocks per game (and best record int he NBA) in the MVP conversation?

Maybe that just proves my point. If those guys don't deserve to be in the conversation, how good is everyone else right now?

evil1

Given his blocks and steals along with his other numbers, I'd put Embiid with those other three.

CJ_24

I'll grant u Embiid. But still lol@ Tatum. He's a good player, but his contributions are waaay overhyped because he's a Boston media darling.

doh

ErRrrRRzZzZ trading all their future picks to the Nets for Kyrie would be perfect for the Buss kids.

CUCK + Ben Simmons together on the floor with KD pissed would be incredible comedy.

DONE DEAL!

doh

You think it's crazy to include the guys averaging
33.5 pts, 10 rebs, 4 asts, and 2.8 stls+blocks per game, and
31.1 pts, 8.7 rebs, 4.4 asts, and 1.9 stls+blocks per game (and best record int he NBA) in the MVP conversation?

Maybe that just proves my point. If those guys don't deserve to be in the conversation, how good is everyone else right now?
Jokic is averaging a triple-double on 63% shooting. Leading the league in Win Shares by 2+ games. Until recently, barely missed games.

Embiid/Tatum are in no way shape or form any where close to Joker.

Last edited:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Jokic won the last two, they won't give him this one
miracle-kurt-russell.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They elk steaked him because he spoke the truth

Jordan and LeBron never won it three times in a row, they'll give it to someone else regardless of whether he deserves it or not

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Also the NUGGZ haven't won anything so you know some BOOMER sportswriters are ready to churn out those NOT CLUTCH takes voting for someone else

evil1

Jokic is averaging a triple-double on 63% shooting. Leading the league in Win Shares by 2+ games. Until recently, barely missed games.

Embiid/Tatum are in no way shape or form any where close to Joker.
From a pure stats line approach, ain't nobody coming close to Jokic. I'd say that he would have no chance for the three-peat except that his season so far this year might be even better than the last two years where he won the MVP. I am already planning for the club level tickets to the Denver playoff games.

Having said all that, we are only at the halfway point of the season. Jokic, or anyone else in the top 6-8, could ease up in order to prepare for the playoffs, or catch fire to pull ahead.

CJ_24

I'ma just say it: I think the Orlando Magic are a top 10 in the league, if not top 5, name/logo/color scheme/uniform combo

doh

From a pure stats line approach, ain't nobody coming close to Jokic. I'd say that he would have no chance for the three-peat except that his season so far this year might be even better than the last two years where he won the MVP. I am already planning for the club level tickets to the Denver playoff games.

Having said all that, we are only at the halfway point of the season. Jokic, or anyone else in the top 6-8, could ease up in order to prepare for the playoffs, or catch fire to pull ahead.
Sure-- theoretically he could get hurt. But right now-- someone would have to catch fire for a very long time to even get close to him, not pull ahead.

Beyond stats though, watching him play he has total control of the offense. He's just freaking toying with ELiTe athletes with little picks, ball fakes, smart plays. Jokic is a HIGH IQ player.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
All the Jokic love is getting me all chubbed up.

just gotta get Bones the fuck outta dodge

I love the games where Jokic takes like 7 shots because everyone else is hummin and he gets a trip dub anyway lol. I would kiss him on the lips