• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Sports Thread

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Any takers on a beisbol league? Could make it a small $$$ league if that piques interest.

Wooly

Hey there Plotty. I am playing the annual Yahoo league my brother is running. It's the same one you have played in before. I don't mean to derail your thread, but since it's labeled "fantasy sports thread", would you be interested in playing? Fignuts has signed up again, but no other Utopians are in yet I don't think. We have 7 thus far, so a few Utopians would get us up to the 10-12 we like for a league.

Wooly

Plotty, I am just going to post this for anyone who wants to join, including you. The draft is this Sunday night, so we are trying to round up people. Starting baseball in mid March is stupid, and it screws up the Fantasy season too.

League Name:Boys of Summer
League ID: 39832
Password: there is none

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Going to pump this to my regular league mates. We have our draft this morning, live face to face. This yr it's at IMO the best place....party room w.projector, marker boards, tvs etc.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do you have to change lineups daily in this? I can't even remember to change them for the NBA so I'd never be able to play fantasy if that is the case haha

Wooly

Do you have to change lineups daily in this? I can't even remember to change them for the NBA so I'd never be able to play fantasy if that is the case haha
No, you don't have to make daily changes.

It's a head-to-head weekly league. That said, you don't really have to do much every week either if you don't want. You can leave your lineup alone for weeks on end if you like. You can set your pitching rotation for the whole week just once, some people check them even less. The level of involvement is really up to you. You can sign into the league and check the set up if you like.

Wooly

Going to pump this to my regular league mates. We have our draft this morning, live face to face. This yr it's at IMO the best place....party room w.projector, marker boards, tvs etc.

That is awesome. We used to do our drafts in person too back when we were in high school and college. We will get that again some day....some day.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Draft locale was a huge hit. League members want it at this place for good. Add in the food was spectacular,and well it was a win win.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I've got my auction tomorrow. We play H2H points style, so it's trogstyle all the way. I think I'm gonna try to go all in on Miggy, especially since Trout got kept for $47

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I'm down to meet up with plotty for the Y! league tomorrow. PM me @Plotty.

Id be game if I can 1) get in the league (cannot find it) and 2) didn't escape today from wife. Have to spend some QT with her. But definitely we should get together at some point. :)

Wooly

I've got my auction tomorrow. We play H2H points style, so it's trogstyle all the way. I think I'm gonna try to go all in on Miggy, especially since Trout got kept for $47
Mike, you want in? You know you need some distraction from Rutgers football, to stay safe.

Wooly

Mike and Plotty, PM me your yahoo email and I can get you an invite, because I don't think you can join any other way. The search fields for looking up leagues are not there this year, so my link doesn't work for you.

Wooly

LOL, Soooo...we just canceled the draft and moved it. We didn't see you guys had joined yet, and we wanted people to be able to be at the draft.

We also had other people contact us this evening too wanting to play but couldn't make the draft, so if we move it, we will have 10 solid players and they should all be able to make a draft on a different day, assuming you guys can too

How is Sunday 30th at 10pm EST?

Wooly

I know the 10pm EST is late for you Mike, but I was hoping you could do that. The draft ends no later than 90 minutes. You are the only guy on the east coast, Plotty and Figgy are in Central time, there are 3 of us in Mountain time, and then 3 more in Alaska, so we can't start too early in Sunday.

Wooly

OK, we would love to have you at the draft, but if you can't you can't. Is that day problematic for you? What days are good?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
So this is what I got in my auction league with prices. It's point based.

Joe Mauer $9
Edwin Encarnacion $35
Ben Zobrist $21
Dustin Pedroia $20 (Keeper)
Matt Holliday $16
Jason Heyward $16
Xander Bogaerts $5
Pedro Alvarez $3 (Keeper)
Nick Swisher $1
Michael Cuddyer $1
Adam Eaton $1

Clayton Kershaw $51
David Price $39
Jonathan Papelbon $14
Jeff Samardzija $5
CJ Wilson $4
Mike Minor $3 (Keeper)
Zach Wheeler $2 (Keeper)
Bobby Parnell $2 (Keeper)
Ervin Santana $1
Chris Tillman $1

Scoring - 1 point per total base, 1 for rbi, 1 for run, 2 for SB. +10 for cycle
1 point per out recorded, 1 per K, -1 BB, -1 H, -2 ER, +10 win, +10 save, +5 CG, +10 shutout, +20 no-no, +30 perfecto

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I know the 10pm EST is late for you Mike, but I was hoping you could do that. The draft ends no later than 90 minutes. You are the only guy on the east coast, Plotty and Figgy are in Central time, there are 3 of us in Mountain time, and then 3 more in Alaska, so we can't start too early in Sunday.

I usually don't go to bed til midnight ET, so 10pm start is ok. Sunday 30th is fine with me, as I'm thinking of taking the next day off to go to opening day for the Mets on Monday.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Held our NL-Only Auction on Sunday. 8 team, Rotisserie. Standard 5x5, but we use OBP instead of batting average, and K/9 instead of total K's. Da resultz:

C: Jonathan Lucroy - $11 (keeper)
1B: Paul Goldschmidt - $28 (keeper)
2B: Chase Utley - $15
SS: Everth Cabrera - $28
3B: Aramis Ramirez - $9
CI: Ike Davis - $1
MI: Dan Uggla - $5
OF: Jayson Werth - $17 (keeper)
OF: Yasiel Puig - $1 (keeper)
OF: Ben Revere - $13
OF: AJ Pollock - $4
OF: Michael Morse - $4
U: Carl Crawford - $2
U: Justin Ruggiano - $3

P: Madison Bumgarner - $30
P: Craig Kimbrel - $30
P: Jordan Zimmerman - $13 (keeper)
P: AJ Burnett - $1 (keeper)
P: Lance Lynn - $11 (keeper)
P: Bobby Parnell - $10
P: Joaquin Benoit - $3
P: Tyler Clippard - $1 (keeper)
P: Kevin Siegrist - $1

We use John Benson's draft software, and based on his projections, I will win the league by 4.5 points.

Here is my question for you'll: I have had multiple offers for Yasiel Puig. I have the possibility of keeping him for the next 4 seasons (this year, and then the 3 subsequent) at escalating salaries. (2014 = $1, 2015 = $6, 2016 = $11, 2017 = $16). I could trade Puig for a really nice package of players that would essentially secure the 2014 Shampship (I've been offered Troy Tulowitzki, Kenley Jansen, and Garrett Jones for Puig, Uggla and Parnell.)

So, is it worth it, or is my team good enough to make a few minor trades to make some slight upgrades and still win?

TL;DR - Should I mortgage my future for a sure-fire shampship this year?

-YTC

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Angry pirates fantasy basketball club completed a 20-0 season. After a bye week in the playoffs we jump out to a 300 point lead on the first night of the semis.

Wooly

Anyone else who thinks they want in, you are welcome to join up, but you need to do so about 2 hours before the draft, things get screwed up if you try and join later than that.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Pick me a winner, auto draft. Maybe if wife sleeps I might sneak in at some point. Don't know about @fignuts doe. He might be traveling and won't get back to omaha til late.

osick87

Community Liaison
Send me your log in info and if you have any specific and I can draft for someone. I just don't keep attention long enough to play a full season

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Looking for advice beisbol trogs. League is a 7x7 money keeper with offseason. This winter I made moves to acquire Tulo, Strasburg and Zimmermann. Need to select up to 4 keepers out of this collection:
Salvador Perez (KC - C)
Adrian Gonzalez (LAD - 1B)
Brian Dozier (Min - 2B)
Casey McGehee (Mil - 1B,3B)
Erick Aybar (LAA - SS)
Khris Davis (Mil - LF)
Ender Inciarte (Ari - LF,CF)
David Peralta (Ari - LF,CF,RF)
Mookie Betts (Bos - 2B,SS,CF,RF)
Leonys Martin (Tex - LF,CF,RF)
Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
Arismendy Alcantara (ChC - 2B,CF)

Sonny Gray (Oak - SP)
Tom Koehler (Mia - SP)
Zach Britton (Bal - RP)
LaTroy Hawkins (Col - RP)
Alex Wood (Atl - SP,RP)
Hector Santiago (LAA - SP,RP)
Scott Kazmir (Oak - SP)
Kevin Quackenbush (SD - RP)
Jake Arrieta (ChC - SP)
Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP)
Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP)
Mike Leake (Cin - SP)
Michael Wacha (StL - SP)
Jarred Cosart (Mia - SP)
Joakim Soria (Det - RP)
Jose Fernandez (Mia - SP)
Masahiro Tanaka (NYY - SP)

Wooly

Another year approaches, who is interested in the annual Wooly Utopia fantasy baseball league. It's Yahoo and head to head weekly. The usual stat categories.

Who who is in?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I'm in for this.

league settings: R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS, TB, QS,SO/9, K, SV, ERA, WHIP, and BB/9.
daily moves limited to 100, or 4 per week
8 team playoffs

keeper deadline passed. Kept Tulo. In comp draft picked up Sale, Darvish and Donaldson

Wooly

Is it a Roto league Plotty? Are there minimums or maximums on IP? How many teams total? What positions do you have to fill?

I would load up more on hitters in the 3-5 hole, punt on SB because they are so diluted with 7 categories. You have a ton of mediocre MIs, I don't think they have much value. I think you need more hitters with a good OPS who also hit 3-5 in the lineup. That will maximize 5 of 7 hitting categories. You have some good pitchers. Trade one for another top bat. I love Tulo, but he is just not reliable. Trade him for Rendon at 2B and some other player, then pick up some cheap SS. Rendon might be your keeper in the MI going forward. Tulo is going to break down even more as he gets older. Donaldson is a great move, he will get even better in Toronto.

That gives you great corners, one top MI, there is plenty of decent OF and some C talent to plug the holes. Pitching is always a gamble, and you have a lot. I have to know more about your settings to really know though.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
@Wooly league is h2h, win, loss or tie. First year we are doing it this way instead of stupid 189-123-21 records...its 19-5 or 5-19. Minimum of 40 innings pitched. 12 team league. Tough ass league. Positions I have to fill are c, 1b, 2b, LF, cf, rf, util, 3 sp, 2 RP, 2 general pitching spots, and 8 bench.

rendon is untouchable, another mgr kept him thus why I went with Tulo. But definitely agree db us stupid, and need a lot of ops guys to survive.

Wooly

@Wooly league is h2h, win, loss or tie. First year we are doing it this way instead of stupid 189-123-21 records...its 19-5 or 5-19. Minimum of 40 innings pitched. 12 team league. Tough ass league. Positions I have to fill are c, 1b, 2b, LF, cf, rf, util, 3 sp, 2 RP, 2 general pitching spots, and 8 bench.

rendon is untouchable, another mgr kept him thus why I went with Tulo. But definitely agree db us stupid, and need a lot of ops guys to survive.
Nice, I love HTH. I started playing Roto leagues back in the early 90s when I was a kid, since that is all there was. When computerized fantasy came along with HTH, I have never looked back. It keeps it interesting every week, give you something to shoot for on a regular basis. I have done a roto league here and there, but I find I tend to ignore it more than HTH.

Your minimum IP is low at 40, and your pitching categories are 4 ratios out of 7 total. You have a few great pitchers. You might consider just pitching those guys and getting just the 40 IP and win the ratio categories. That would allow you to maybe trade a few unneeded mediocre pitchers for a few more decent bats.

As it is, you have Gonzalez at 1B, Donaldson at 3B, Tulo at SS, Khris Davis in OF. For a 12 team active league, that is a good lineup. You have Dozier at 2B and he should be decent, if not good again, and if not, you have Betts at 2B/OF (I think he will have a productive year in Boston). Between the two of them I think that is a solid 2B. You can find 2 other decent OF guys, and then your only glaring hole is catcher, but so what, unless his name is Posey, he is only getting 350 AB a year anyway. For a 40 min IP league with a lot of ratios, you have steller pitching. Then again, it's pitching so you are just hoping for the best.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
@Wooly the guys I have on roster right now are Tulo, Donaldson, Sale and Darvish. All other dudes are free agents. Our live draft is March 21, Bart Scott.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Fuck Yu and his noodle elbow. Strausburg returns to my team as a comp pick.

next weekend live draft. /engage

Wooly

OK, the draft for the yahoo HTH fantasy league is tomorrow night, 3/29/15. Who wants to play? PM me an email, and I will have an invite sent.