• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 14 General discussion

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
wat

tuHMbN2.png

:trollface:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah that was a total fucking disaster, lol. It does look hilarious uploaded on a guy though. I couldn't get it to give me an enormous face.

Also I checked out Torino and they have a ton of scrubs and some bullshit default formation, not sure what's going on there. I stick with Villa/Southampton. Haven't lost to a Brazilian puber in ages. They don't teach shit about this game in the favelas and none of those dumbshits know how to utilize Pato.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
The three days I could use Wolfsburg with Diego and De Bruyne were fun. The teams that I use regularly currently are Gala, Donetsk, PSV and Aston Villa with the occasional appearance of Everton and Schalke.

chibob

Only thing that pisses me off about FIFA is how shit EA servers can be, I must get a DC every other five games and it fucks your record. I was winning my last game 3-0 and on the 79th minute it disconnects and I got a DNF...

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I have had very good luck with that in recent years. Pretty much never DC'ed. If the connection drops I typically get the W

chibob

I have had very good luck with that in recent years. Pretty much never DC'ed. If the connection drops I typically get the W

Just had one then which made me rage quit the game. I clawed back a 2-2 draw in the 90th minute of a FUT game and then whilst going through the post game menus I DC and get a DNF. My DNF rating is fucked because of shit like this. Easily my biggest issue with EA and FIFA, other than that the games good and I can easily sink a couple hours a day into it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sounds like it's your connection. Disconnect issues seem to be pretty rare now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You were the only one that dropped our clerbs game and you said you get disconnected a lot when most others don't. Gator seems to share your poor interwebs issues.

chibob

You were the only one that dropped our clerbs game and you said you get disconnected a lot when most others don't. Gator seems to share your poor interwebs issues.

Well im paying for the best internet package I can get, and everything else runs perfectly so I dont know. Might be the PS3, its one of the generation one models and its a bit beat up.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Rolling Stoke. Match report incoming

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Stoke is terrible lol, at least for my play style.

Lloyd Carr

Anyone have any tips as to how not to suck?

Also, how do you guys play as far as assisted/manual controls goes?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Mostly assisted. I just don't really care to lose a ton of games going full manual, although apparently it's pretty satisfying. BCThomas used to be awesome at it, but I don't think he made it over.

Lloyd Carr

Any tips as to how to move the ball downfield (up the pitch? Whatever the term is in soccer)? I can never seem to get into their territory and get a clean shot on goal.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Benteke doing Benteke things: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/186061946

Dat early cross: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/186045368

I didn't get the replay but this dude tried to head back to his keeper as the keeper collided with that defender, the header goes back over the keeper and N'Zogbia wanders in and slots it home :laughing: I also scored a 28 yarder with Delph (wat) that wasn't saved in that 5-0 game.

Has anyone else noticed that keepers at or just under 80 (and worse) are practically incompetent with shots/headers from narrow angles? Swear to jebus 50% of the goals I give up are rebounds or deflections that are 2nd chance attempts from a guy standing almost on the touch line heading it back right at my keeper who fumbles it or blatantly knocks it into the net. The AI just has a total meltdown in those cases.

chibob

Any tips as to how to move the ball downfield (up the pitch? Whatever the term is in soccer)? I can never seem to get into their territory and get a clean shot on goal.

Dont force it. Thats probably the most important lesson to learn.

If a simple pass isnt on, then dont feel bad about playing it backwards or to a player in space.

Its hard to give you exact advice without seeing you play or by showing you how I play but just try to follow these principles:

Keep it on the ground. (no point spraying it through the air, only Stoke do that, and you aint Stoke!)

Understand what your players are good at. (dont try to out pace Sergio Ramos with Fabregas)

Play to your teams strengths (pacey strikers and wingers or Andy Carrol target man)

The game is about possession, not about moving down field. (the ball can go backwards if it means you stay in control)

Use the counter attack when you can.

Learn the advanced pass/control buttons and when to use. R2 + x controlled pass, L1 + x one two, L1 + triangle lofted through ball.

Also learn to post up when defending. Defending is something which it takes a while to learn. No point in diving in or going to ground. Best way to defend is to wait until a player tries to go past you, hold off, post up, use the x button to get yourself close and force them into negative space, ie away from a good pass option. Let them make the mistakes.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
L2 will Orient you to the ball at all times which really helps

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
dat ball shield too

nobody plays pro clubs with an L2 button

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
L2 R2 is like a ball possession jockey move. It will make you face the goal and strafe.

chibob

Yeh iv never used it, I tend to use r1 and l1 to do the same thing. Problem with L2 and R2 as iv just found is that the player doesnt protect the ball and is easily dispossessed.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah I wouldn't do it in traffic.

Just played a guy with shit lag from Mexico for the first time in a long time. He scored on his first shot when he just bombed the ball down the field and it pinged off my GK and to Dos Santos, but then I scored 3 unanswered, shit talked him in bad Spanish via PSN, and he quit with 20 minutes left.

:trollface:

Lloyd Carr

Any tips on penalty kicks?

I can do them no problem when I do the skill test (although the blue circles are there so that helps), but in the actual game, I miss wide or shoot it well over the goal every time. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You really only need 25-50% power on the meter.

Lloyd Carr

Do you really just guess where you're aiming and hope you're within the posts? Does your theoretical cursor start in the center of the net, and then you just adjust accordingly [as to where you want the ball to go]?

I've got to play a buddy of mine tonight, so I'm trying to at least get some basics down so I don't embarrass myself.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What system are you on?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And yes that's how it works

WingedHelmet

I used the 3-5-2 almost exclusively on FIFA '12 and FIFA '13, but defenders on '14 are basically retarded. So I went back to the 4-1-2-1-2 (or 4-4-2 Diamond Wide) and have been rolling. I forgot how great having overlapping wingbacks are, even if I can't cross for shit with them.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I almost scored from Ashley Youngs weak foot from nearly 30, surely some backs can cross too.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I did work with juve on 12 with the 3 man back line. It is shit now especially against wingers who can fly

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I think the heading is part of why the 352 has been so bad. You have really only have one centerback back to defend the crosses once they're played in, instead of two.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Making Brazilians watch all the post game shit after you storm back to beat them is so satisfying

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Just played a dude who has played 1800 seasons games. He quit in the 38th.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I don't understand the game's replay logic. You'd have a 6 goal game and the post-game highlights for you to watch are a corner goal and a bunch of mediocre saves.

chibob

I don't understand the game's replay logic. You'd have a 6 goal game and the post-game highlights for you to watch are a corner goal and a bunch of mediocre saves.

Yeh the highlights stuff is a feature they dont really pay attention to I guess.

Its like when the commentators go crazy after an awful shot....they scream ROOOOONEY and the ball just trickles towards the keeper or goes no where near the goal.