• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 14 General discussion

DanishDonut0

:laughing: Your shot was just a hit and hope, not some well crafted shot, yes its an example of random/real; ball physics but its a part of the broken aspects of the game.:thumbsup:

Edited for kella_tard

Also that goal was not an example of any of the things displayed in those videos.

To me it looked like a dipping shot, to me.

What was so broken about it?

Hit and hope? The great thing about soccer/football is its randomness. As a player you always have an idea of where you're trying to put the ball but it doesn't always work. So would you say every time, for example, Ronaldo takes a free kick it is a hit and hope? It seems like he skies it or puts it into the wall 90% of the time but every now and then something great happens. I mean yeah when I take that shot there's a high chance I'm gonna miss BY A LOT, despite the fact that old ass Iraola is a boss. But I know I can hit it every now and then so I go for it. The sport is built on being ambitious and going for the extraordinary.

Not even, I think Danish has taken this as some kind of personal attack. I gave an opinion, not a declaration of war.

Not at all, I think I just don't really understand your opinion.

also wish I could pull up a fifa14 goal from earlier this year of Zlatan scoring a Roberto Carlosesque goal, but I can't find it.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can see offline or dynasty players not liking this, but online, the Brazilian teams were honestly the worst of the worst.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hit and hope. I play this game like a 10 year old playing street fighter for the first time, just smash all the buttons and once and pray

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Scored another hit and hope from Shelvey from 25 yards, first time, low and off the post. So thankful for these algorithms

DanishDonut0

Scored another hit and hope from Shelvey from 25 yards, first time, low and off the post. So thankful for these algorithms

Reminds of this goal I scored with him a while back in this years fifa

Probably couldn't have happened without the flaws in the game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He has a rocket. I let him shoot any chance I get.

I mean, it's all luck, but you know.

DanishDonut0

He has a rocket. I let him shoot any chance I get.

I mean, it's all luck, but you know.

The Swans were one of my favorite teams to play with but I don't think I've played with them since they got rid of Laudrup (haven't really played as much this year either). Might have to check em out again, for some reason I've always liked Britton. His touch and control has always been excellent, probably because he's around the same height as Brick's gf. I was hittin 40 yard shots with him back in '12.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Been getting some really satisfying results with what is basically a Swansea B-team for the lulz and also because FIFA

Vorm
Davies Williams Chico Tiendalli
Canas Britton
Lamah Shelvey Dyer
Bony

Tiendalli is necessary as he's the only fullback on the squad with good speed and I am constantly playing against Cuadrado and Diego Retardelli and assorted speedy right wingers. I use Lamah just to get some extra speed out there because the rest of the team other than Dyer is slow as balls, he also seems to be a lot stronger than Pablo Hernandez who is constantly getting dominated physically. Shelvey is a true boss at the CAM spot, and he makes for a 1 for 1 swap with De Guzman when he gets tired.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Christ I hate this game. Fucking Everton Ribeiro is the most overrated player in FIFA history, and this guy scored 2 complete nonsense goals because of that fag.

His shit goal (@chibob here's your hit and hope)

My of course majestic strike

worst2first

In my Be A Pro dynasty the manager sold off our best striker and didn't replace him with anyone while we're in the Coupe Belgique semifinals and currently at 6th (the last playoff spot) in the Jupiler Pro League. We have something like 2 goals in the last five matches. SMH.

worst2first

I just finished my first season in Be A Pro Mode. I only scored 2 goals and 4 assists as a CDM but I played on a pretty bad team. My OVR is 73, I hit all my targets, was man of the match 6 times and player of the month once. I would like to move to a better league but when I demand a transfer I only get offers from other teams in the league I'm in. So I can jump to another Belgian team for 30,000 Euros a week or stay with my current club for 1,500. Meanwhile the manager is signing a bunch of scrubs rated in the 50s and 60s to higher wages than I'm getting. It seems like there should be a lot more drama in the off season and at the very least I ought to get a wage increase. Of course I don't have a contract either.

I can see how maybe I haven't done enough to garner a lot of attention from some of the more prestigious leagues but it seems like someone outside of Belgium would have an interest in an 73 OVR 20 year old prospect.

In addition to fixing the AI I hope they spend a little time to add contracts and improve the transfer process in Be A Pro mode.

NML

That's probably pretty realistic. No big clubs/leagues are scouting bottom clubs in mid tier leagues. Yeah ur a prospect, but they have to see you first. If you were playing for Anderlecht and the Champions League, it'd be different. Or if, IRL, you were on the Belgium U20s that would help too.

Can you move to a club in Belgium playing in Europe? That's the next move, IMO.

worst2first

That makes sense. So I guess I face the choice of sticking with this club and continuing to labor in obscurity or jump ship to a better Belgian club and hope to get noticed. Since my goal is to make it to the EPL I guess I don't really have much choice even though I like the idea of turning a doormat into a contender.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Takes me forever to get a 4* game in D1 on PS3 at this point. I think there's literally nobody left :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Was that guy's strategy just run around with Bale all game and hope something good came out of it?
You'd think so, but I basically shut that down from the start

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
uploadfromtaptalk1407988364397.jpg

His name is beast_mcnasty if anyone else wants to fuck with him. Massive tard

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Just did a hit and hope in the 90th trying to ice a 1-0 lead. Shot from just outside the center circle and it bounces 3 times and goes in. Not a game highlight.