• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 16: Every game is a draw

chibob

The game doesn't suck.

These guys/gays suck.

But seriously the game-play is just a bit gimmicky this year.

worst2first

I started playing this again in career mode and I've run into a problem. Professional is far too easy and World Class is ridiculously hard. Any ideas other than wait for the next version and hope for the best? I have a choice between easily winning every match until I get bored or drawing or losing every match and quitting out of frustration because I can't accomplish anything.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I started playing this again in career mode and I've run into a problem. Professional is far too easy and World Class is ridiculously hard. Any ideas other than wait for the next version and hope for the best? I have a choice between easily winning every match until I get bored or drawing or losing every match and quitting out of frustration because I can't accomplish anything.
Go buy FIFA 13 or 14

wolverine318

Mod Alumni

What have you done with sliders on either mode? Adjust them in Pro or try switching to Ultimate and adjusting as needed, or whatever difficulty is right after WC. Adjust sliders as necessary. WC difficulty is broke dick.

worst2first

What have you done with sliders on either mode? Adjust them in Pro or try switching to Ultimate and adjusting as needed, or whatever difficulty is right after WC. Adjust sliders as necessary. WC difficulty is broke dick.

I saw that OS has a set of community sliders. I may try those. I despise fiddling with sliders. All too often it's a never-ending rabbit hole.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I do agree with the rabbit hole, but I have set some and it has made the game pretty enjoyable for me on career mode.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
9 Min Halves
Legendary Difficulty
Normal Game Speed

Consider everything default if not posted.

User

Shot error - 45
Both Injuries - 30
Keep ability - 55
Position Marking - 60
Run frequency - 55
First Touch Error - 30

CPU

Spring Speed - 45
Acceleration - 45
Shot Error - 60
Pass Error - 55
Shot Speed - 45
Injuries - 40
Marking - 35
Run Frequency - 45
First Touch - 55

I feel it plays more "real" than Semi Pro or Pro. You for sure have to be more patient and look for your openings. CPU plays more open if that makes sense. They will take more chances on long shots, skill you some.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
It really is terrible. I am pretty much over this series, esp. since defending is just basically sprinting at the man with the ball and hoping to trigger a collision animation to wrest away possession.

I am firmly team PES, but after a bunch of games, the terrible GK's really do hinder the overall experience. Still, it's WORLDS better than FIFA, esp. if you don't care about the relatively paltry amount of licensed teams

Look at this beauty

worst2first

I want to like FIFA but World Class difficulty is broke dick and Professional is far too easy. I'm not happy with any of the sliders I've found. I'm also not willing to spend countless hours experimenting. I bought the damn game to play not jack with sliders damn it.

Instead of leaving modes like Career (as a single player) in games for years without exerting any effort to improve them I wish developers would just remove them altogether. If you're going to ignore large parts of your game in order to focus on money grubbing microtransactions, at least be honest about it. Maybe they could put a sticker on the box that says "other than modes that feature microtransactions everything else has received little or no attention" or something.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's not on the box but EA Montreal guys have more or less said they are forced to spend most of their time and energy on FUT.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Yeah but is the gameplay in FUT vs the CPU different than career mode? They seem the same to me other than the fast game speed, which can be set.

Yes sliders can be a rabbit hole, but really I play a game or two, notice oh hey they CPU is way faster than me. Change slider. It is a game and I realize it won't be perfect. I also haven't played FIFA since PS2, so it is pretty new to me. I know the gameplay is quirky and not all that great, but I am enjoying it enough for getting it on the cheap.

That said I PES is better other than the goalie issue.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Bought this game a couple months ago (first video game I've bought since... I don't know. Maybe 2011).

Should've read the thread BEFORE I bought it. I do enjoy certain parts of the game but the defense, the moronic defense CPU wise in the game, pro vs. world class, etc. I agree with it all. I had some fun playing FUT until I'm in a rabbit hole where I have to buy contracts/health to keep guys up but can't buy good players but never get any good players in packs. Plus 1 of 3 guys I play is a total dick head who haas to watch every replay and it takes forever to complete a match.

I enjoy how slower the game is vs. the CPU. But it's just boring playing vs. a CPU even though career mode is 100x better than it was a few years ago.

chibob

I quite enjoyed this years game, probably haven't had enough time to play it though. Think iv maybe played 120 games of FUT maybe

But honestly a lot of the complaints about this game were because people just weren't very good. Once youre good enough to play on World Class its a lot more like playing human players.

There is a steep learning curve from being able to play the game to being to play the game right however.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is random as hell, but I think work is gearing up to have a FIFA 16 tournament. I need to knock off some of the rust do I don't embarrass myself, anyone up for a couple friendlies over the next few days?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Forgot why I stopped playing. Queued up a seasons game, gave away a penalty where my defender won the ball and the guy tripped over the tackle a second later.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And had to listen to a barking chihuahua the whole time.

chibob

This is random as hell, but I think work is gearing up to have a FIFA 16 tournament. I need to knock off some of the rust do I don't embarrass myself, anyone up for a couple friendlies over the next few days?

Ill be your huckleberry.