• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FM 14 Brendan Brooks Dynasty

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
This save is already in the 2042-43 season. I started the save back right before Thanksgiving. Brendan Brooks is the son of the original manager forging his own path in the football world.

The original manager:
TimBrooksManager_zps1d1c0d44.jpg

Brendan spent part of a season at Leyton Orient before moving on at the end of the season to Lille. (Brendan was created after Tim retired on January 1, 2041.) Lille was in terrible financial shape and Brendan resigned before things got really ugly.

Now, Brendan is at Young Boys and finished in 2nd place in the 2041-42 season while winning the Swiss Cup.

Current Swiss Super League Table (End of September)

2042-43SwissSuperLeague_zps0a5820a9.jpg

My roster

2042-43YoungBoysRoster_zpsebfb41c1.jpg

My tactics:

YoungBoysTacticsFull_zps6e4fc265.jpg

goblue96

Only in one point in my last two Europa League group games to advance to the knockout stages. Rubin is struggling only two points in four matches.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Could you post Fedorov's screenshot? Looks like he's one of your best players with a solid future as well.

goblue96

Could you post Fedorov's screenshot? Looks like he's one of your best players with a solid future as well.

Here ya go.

AlexandrFedorov_zps62f27fa0.jpg

I'm training him to become an attacking midfielder to get use out of him in both the 442 and 4231 formations.

Last edited:

goblue96

Beat Feyenoord 5-4 in the First Knockout Round of the Europa League.

Now playing Manchester City in the Second Knockout Round....preparing for a 40 lb box.

40 lb box averted. Lost 2-1 at Al Murbarak Park. In decent shape for the home leg.

Last edited:
Reactions: NML

goblue96

Game of the season coming up against Basel. Winner probably wins the league and a spot straight into the Group Stage of the Champions League. Loser finishes second and has to battle through two rounds of Champions League qualifying to get to the Group State. Game will be live blogged.

The starting line-ups:

YoungBoys-BaselLineups_zps6b34cede.jpg

Basel enters the game in their usual 4-4-2 diamond formation. In the previous three meetings, this season, we went with a tight 4-2-3-1 to counter the four Basel players in the midfield. This game, we're going with a wide 4-2-3-1 that we have had success with in past couple matches. We've got two strong forwards up top. Mirabelli leads the line with Catalano as a more creative influence right behind him. Bulic, the Chelsea loanee, plays a wide forward position cutting in from the left hand side with Fournier over lapping behind him. Hess is a true right winger with Magnier hanging back to support the midfield and defense. Kuzma is asked to make runs from deep in the midfield while Williams, the Liverpool loanee, provides cover. Hudec and Tripkovic are our two best center backs in terms of marking. Anderson is our back-up keeper since our starter is injured but he could start for every other Swiss Super League team except Basel.

Last edited:

goblue96

4' Basel play a long ball to the Young Boys back line. Basel forward wins the header. Plays a 1-2 with the attacking midfielder and lobs the keeper to give Basel a 1-0 lead.

11' Young Boys cause a turnover in the midfield. Kuzma gets the ball out wide to Hess on the right who finds Mirabelli with a cross and the goal. 1-1 tie.

Basel still crushing us in the air.

15' Young Boys switch mentality to "counter"

28' Basel still leading possession battle 57-43. But, it was 70-30 Basel only 4 minutes in.

30' John for Basel powers a header at goal which goes wide. Magnier for Young Boys is there to clean up any rebounds.

31' Catalano and Mirabelli play a quick 1-2 through the middle but the shot is fanned on and gathered by Basel goalkeeper.

44' Confusion in the Young Boys back line leads to a weak shot from Henriksen that finds its way past the Young Boys keeper. 2-1 Basel. Soft...really soft.

45'+1 Garcia for Basel gets free down the left and finds an open Murawski. 3-1 Basel. Things are starting to go pear-shaped.

First Half Stats

1sthalfstats_zps909d5428.jpg

One half-time sub for Young Boys

Nicolet at AMC for Catalano.

Mentally changed from "counter" to "attacking"

53' Nicolet squeezes a shot in on goal. Scooped up by the Basel goalkeeper.

64' Nicolet with another shot on goal. Easily saved by the Basel goalkeeper. Basel focusing on defense since they have the lead and trying to kill off the game.

66' Federov on for Williams. Young Boys switch to a 442.

72' Ronning on for Bulic. Young Boys now out of subs.

74' Mirabelli injures a Basel player forcing a sub. Mirabelli now an assist away from a Gordie Howe hat trick. Best player on the field for Young Boys today.

76' Mentality changed to "overload" from "attacking" Anderson makes a hash of an easy save which leads to a Basel corner. Not the best game from Anderson today.

81' Basel now just toying with the ball in the attacking third.

86' Nicolet wide open from 10 yards from the Basel net and screws it wide.

90'+3 Ronning 1-v-1 with the Basel keeper and the keeper makes the save.

F/T Basel 3 Young Boys 1

FinalMatchStats_zpsdbcc1de9.jpg

Video highlights

Last edited:

goblue96

The 2042-43 Swiss Super League has come to a conclusion and Young Boys finished in second place behind FC Basel.

2042-43SwissSuperLeagueFinalTable_zpsb8803a4c.jpg

It was a two-team league. Young Boys and Basel were far and away the best teams in the league. It was a long way back to 3rd place Lausanne. The different between 1st and 2nd? In the four head-to-head games between Young Boys and Basel, we went 1-1-2 against Basel gaining only 4 points to Basel's seven.

Team Stats

2042-43FinalGoalkeeperStats_zps30ae8e9a.jpg

2042-43FinalDefenseStats_zps19a1cea2.jpg

2042-43FinalMidfieldStats_zps1929bff3.jpg

2042-43FinalAttackingStats_zps55f36fb8.jpg

Our European Matches

2042-43YoungBoysEuropeanMatches_zpse74fd7ae.jpg

Knocked out by Roma on away goals.

After a successful season with Young Boys, I was approached by Huddersfield. I declined the interview because they just got relegated from the EPL. I got offered another interview by a German club.

RB_Leipzig.png

I'm now the new manager with Red Bull Leipzig who just finished 7th in the Bundesliga just short of reaching European qualification. They have some quality in the side and without the distraction of the Europa League could easily qualify for Europe.

goblue96

Horrible run with Leipzig. Went 0-3-4 in Bundesliga play but won both DfB Pokal games. Still a 2-3-4 start was not what the Leipzig board not envisioned and I got the sack. Spent 6 weeks looking for a new job before getting an offer back home in England with a Championship side:

post_display_cropped_open-uri20130927-9873-1vj8vca

West Ham United. Full roster report coming.

goblue96

West Ham playing in the Olympic Stadium is now a reality:

West-Hams-Olympic-Stadium.jpg

However this does not mean that West Ham has enjoyed EPL success.

WestHamHistory_zpsc86a56ad.jpg

No trips to Europe and after a decent run in the EPL. West Ham has gone back to being a yo-yo club.

But there is talent on the roster. Screenshots available on request.

2043-44WestHamKeepers_zps6570ebf8.jpg

2043-44WestHamDefense_zpsac2deff1.jpg

2043-44WestMidfield_zps69fd74ec.jpg

2043-44WestHamForwards_zpsf55d5d4c.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd fire your assistant immediately. Those are 4+ star players? Yikes. That goalie has pretty weak reflexes for a top flight goalie. Plus 18 eccentricity? Not a good combination.

goblue96

@DeadMan Here's my assistant. We're currently in the Championship not the Premier League.

WestHamAssistant_zps156c8099.jpg

20 Judging Player Ability
15 Judging Player Potential

So, why shouldn't I trust his opinion? :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ah, I thought you were in the Premier League. The problem on him for me is that his reflexes are too low. In my view, that's the most important ability for goalies. So I rarely touch goalies unless their reflexes are 16 or higher. Especially with eccentricity that high, I would want high reflexes to compensate.

goblue96

Ah, I thought you were in the Premier League. The problem on him for me is that his reflexes are too low. In my view, that's the most important ability for goalies. So I rarely touch goalies unless their reflexes are 16 or higher. Especially with eccentricity that high, I would want high reflexes to compensate.

He's under contract until '46. I can probably sell him for a better model if I make it back into the Premiership.

goblue96

Finished up the 2043-44 season. My defense, at times, were great. At other times, they couldn't defend a college co-ed team.

Here's our run home:

2043-44RunHome_zps75f4e44d.jpg

We ran either a 442 or 451 at home and a 4141 on the road. I ripped the team during a team meeting after the Coventry mess and our form was good enough to secure 2nd place.

2043-44ChampionshipTop10_zps571d028f.jpg

2nd place on goal difference. That's what happens when you don't take your foot off the gas pedal in blowouts (see 6-1 and 4-1 wins over Stevenage and Stoke). Huddersfield will play Ipswich in one semi-final while Brighton play Fulham in the other.

2043-44WestHamFinalGKStats_zpsd8fcedd4.jpg

Neither of my goals were very consistent. I went with Calzi over Sabana-bana-ding-dong because Calzi was more consistent and wouldn't give up shock goals. Calzi would give up a lot of goals but wouldn't give up goals that would pull your hair out. I could count on Calzi on giving up a goal somewhere between the 80th and 85th minute especially if we had a big lead.

2043-44WestHamFinalDStats_zpscf636577.jpg

An average defense but could do just enough to keep us in games. They were better when we would under an attacking mentally. They did not like playing with a counter or defend mentally. They couldn't absorb the pressure.

2043-44WestHamFinalMFStats_zps2861d631.jpg

A good left-winger in Gareth Keehan (my captain) and a play-making, deep-lying forward in Daniel McDowell. Even though, McDowell and I didn't see eye-to-eye on anything, it didn't affect his performance on the field.

2043-44WestHamFinalFStats_zps21d883a5.jpg

McDowell led the team with 17 goals. He was a brute in the box. Strong guy who could hold off defenders to bring others into play or create his own shot in the 4141 formation.

I plan on focusing on goalkeeping and defense in the summer transfer period. Forwards are going to be another spot where I'll be looking to upgrade even though we led the Championship with 91 goals.

goblue96

Here some of my summer activity. I brought in this guy as a corch:

LionelMessiCoach_zps1444829c.jpg

My Summer Transfers

2044-45SummerTransfers_zpsa5eac3c7.jpg

My incoming transfers includes:

RecordTransfer_zps00822696.jpg

Hopefully, he works out better than Carroll.

LukaKatic_zps7abf13f6.jpg

NML

Shamrock Rovers spent 1.1 million on a player?!?!

Have they made some noise in Europe?

goblue96

Not that I've noticed. I'll check when I get home.

Vaduz in Lietenstein. Got a tycoon owner and they made some deep runs in Europe making it to the semis of the Europa League one year. Got the nation coefficient up to 9th.

goblue96

@NML

Shamrock Rovers have lost in the 1st knockout round (round of 32) of the Europa League the last two years. Have never made it out of the Champions League Group Stage. Best group stage finish is 3rd.

Have won every Irish Premier League title since 2017 - a streak of 27 titles in a row. Finished 4th in 2016, won the title in 2015, and finished 3rd in 2014. So, they won the league title in 28 of the 30 Irish Premier League seasons in my save.

NML

@NML

Shamrock Rovers have lost in the 1st knockout round (round of 32) of the Europa League the last two years. Have never made it out of the Champions League Group Stage. Best group stage finish is 3rd.

Have won every Irish Premier League title since 2017 - a streak of 27 titles in a row. Finished 4th in 2016, won the title in 2015, and finished 3rd in 2014. So, they won the league title in 28 of the 30 Irish Premier League seasons in my save.

I figured as much. To spend that kind of money, they had to be making runs in Europe.

I've always been intrigued by taking a club in a small country and trying to make them into a powerhouse, but I always lose interest in a few seasons because the domestic league isn't any fun.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You could always vacation other than European games. Since I left Sion they have been in the same situation, something like 7 straight titles and usually in pot 2 for UCL.

goblue96

My physical beast at center forward for @Travis7401

BillPreston_zps819e83f4.jpg

Can't dribble, can barely pass but can jump out of the building and can run past most defenders.

goblue96

Bailed on West Ham as we sunk further and further down the table. Time to go win some silverware in Portugal.

362436d1372663259-bornexplorers-european-chairman-game-story-thread-fc-porto-wallpaper-6.jpg

goblue96

First season at Porto ended with a second place finish only one point behind Benfica. Reshaping the team into an attacking 433 for my first full season at the club. Was really hamstrung with no transfer budget in the January window to upgrade the squad.

goblue96

Rio Ave is the only side to have beaten us. They needed 70 minutes of a man advantage to do it. Knocked us off 1-0.

MidwayPortuguesePremierLeagueTable45-46_zps6b970f30.jpg

Our offense ring leaders.

45-46MidseasonPortoOffenseStats_zps0d5b17a2.jpg

goblue96

Had to do a double take before I realized that this was your dynasty and not my Inter one :laughing:

Your Inter team could probably tear my Porto team a new asshole. :laughing: We're good domestically. We went 3-0-3 for 9 pts. in our CL group. Lost to everybody in our group once (AC Milan, Nantes, and some shit team from Austria). Finished 2nd. Play Arsenal in the Round of 16.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The thing that sucks is that even with Porto, Benfica, and sometimes Sporting so dominant, they always have financial troubles and are always sellers. It'll hit your team too.

goblue96

The thing that sucks is that even with Porto, Benfica, and sometimes Sporting so dominant, they always have financial troubles and are always sellers. It'll hit your team too.

The big clubs are already coming in for Caminos for 50 million squiggly things. Trying to delay the transfer until the summer.

Pedro Jacinto is a 17-year old, who's already "good talent for Portuguese Premier League," will be Caminos replacement.

goblue96

Maybe raping of the Premier League in Portugal:

2045-46PortuguesePremierLeague_zpsc48e78fd.jpg

Goalie Stats:

2045-46PortoGoalkeeperStats_zps2bc98807.jpg

Mid-tier clubs in the Big 4 leagues are sniffing around at Dutto. Ajax has inquired about Figo.

2045-46PortoDefenseStats_zps07583f1a.jpg

The big French clubs are interested in Pinho. The rest of them are either too young and haven't developed enough or too old for the bigger clubs to offer at.

2045-46PortoMidfieldStats_zpsfb0adb81.jpg

Zee Germans are interested in Agnaldo even though he's now 30. But 25 goals and 23 assists create interest. Same as the defense, either too old or too young for lots of interest.

2045-46PortoForwardStats_zps5a494b91.jpg

Caminos is all but gone to a big club for a large sum of money. I set the bar at €50 million which Inter were willing to pay but weren't willing to make the transfer effective in the summer. Jacinto is Caminos replacement when he is sold.

That said, I wasn't looking forward to replacing possibly two goalkeepers, a right-back, my enganche at the top of the diamond, and my primary goalscorer. So I started looking around at other job opportunities as well. I got an interview and job offer from an English club that has just two EPL titles in the 33 seasons of my save.

Off to rebuild them into a European power once again.