• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

[FM13] NML's nUtopian/American Dynasty, by way of Milo

NML

The variance between this sim and my last is amazing. When I initially looked up MM and saw he was at LA, I thought "shit I made him too good," as LA had won five of six titles in my previous attempt at this. This time, they have yet to do so.

NML

We have wrapped up our pre-season, and it was both great, and disappointing, and okay - all in one. As I mentioned, I planned friendlies to make a ton of money. And I did that:

finances.PNG

This sets us up great financially for the rest of the year. In all likelihood, we will have a very profitable season. I've also got our salaries almost a full grand below our very small $2.6k a week wage budget. The board seems happy that I've fixed that side of the club.

The more important side, however, is on the field. That went... less well:

results.PNG

I shouldn't have expected much, seeing as we are barely a semi-pro side going up against some of the biggest clubs in the country. But still, dat goal differential doe... I set up high cup and league bonuses, however, so morale is okay heading into the season.

We brought in four transfers, three of which were loans (two for the season). Here's some snap shots of those players if ur so inclined.

transfer1.PNG
transfer2.PNG
transfer3.PNG
transfer4.PNG

Ledesma could be a nice piece for us. He was one of the few interesting players willing to join the club permanently. Hoping he can do the jerb for us at holding mid. Speaking of, here's our tactic heading into the season:

"NEXT BOB BRADLEY"
tactic.PNG

@GatorTD the empty bucket will be our go-to, as we built it around our "players." If you read Milo's dynasty here, you know the complete lack of talent that exist at this level. But, Woodward is 6'2" with 11 jumping and 10 heading, so I think he could be valuable in the air. My CB's are both solid there as well, so I figured sitting deep and then pumping the box with crosses and scoring on set pieces might work. Holmes has 12 pace, and he should just sit on the last defender and try to get in behind. Both my wingers have decent crossing ability and I'm hoping having eight behind the ball is enough to make up for our lack of defensive talent.​

NML

Shit, just realize Woodward wasn't in my tactic picture. He's normally the target man but he picked up his fifth yellow in the last game of last season so he was suspended for opening day.

Time for our second update - @Yankee151 !

overview.PNG

The creative attacking midfielder has made a pretty solid career for himself. He's currently valued at a cool half million, and his making a solid income as well (about $70k a year after taxes, if my quick math is right?). He can play basically any attacking position and is extremely dynamic in the final third (18 flair, 15 creativity). Dat positioning doe...

history.PNG

As a youth player, Aakino joined New York in the APL and played for their U18's and then reserves. He was released at age 21 during the summer, but resigned on a pro contract a few months later when they were hit with the injury bug. He spent the remaining months still in the reserves and was again released the following summer. He then joinined Wichita in the fourth tier, and has remained there ever since. He was a big part of the team that earned the club it's first ever promotion to the third tier, but unfortunately they were relegated two seasons later. Still, they are a promotion candidate this year and Aakino continues to be a big part of that.

Historically, he's one of Wichita's best players. He's a member of the Best 11:

best11.PNG

He joined the group just three years after his signing, and his legacy has only grown. He's been a top goal scorer for the club two separate seasons and is always towards the top of the scoring charts:

top goal.PNG

Finally, after eight seasons with the club, he's closing in on the all time appearance record for Wichita:

apperancerecord.PNG

He likely need at least another season with the club after this one, although his contract does expire in just nine months. Will be interesting to see if he stays around and becomes of one the club legends (although he may be one already).

NML

Quick fall update on Spartak Madison

league.PNG

The league has gone... okay. We've hit a nice run of games here, winning three of four and getting 10 points over that span. We were rocky to start and dropped two matches at home that I would've like to have won/drew. Since then, it's been solid other than a 3-0 loss to Santa Rosa. We are already into our second run of games, so we've faced everyone at least once.

We find ourselves in 5th place (didn't take a snapshot of the table for some reason), but we have a game in hand and our three points out from the top. Basically, we are right in the thick of the promotion race. It's very crowded and only five points separate first from seventh.

Cups went less well:

cups.PNG

We won't get the financial reward, but we now have a very open schedule - no excuse to miss out on promotion now.

I might need to mess with the tactics a bit more. We aren't quite as good defensively as I would've liked. I've barely been watching the matches and probably need to devote a bit more time to them so I can figure out what's working/what isn't.

NML

With six matches to go, I stepped down. The writing was on the wall and, ultimately, the club was relegated.

An auspicious start

NML

So, I stepped down in February and watched the rest of the year from the sidelines. I started my job hunt June 1st as jobs opened up. I only applied to 9th tier (same tier as Madison) jobs, though I may have been selling myself short as my first application was "flattered" to hear from me. Oh well, don't want to big of a jump.

My new gig? GREEN BAY HODAGS!

newclub.PNG

I'm sure you, like me, are wondering what the fuck a "hodag" is:

In 1893, newspapers reported the discovery of a hodag in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. It had "the head of a frog, the grinning face of a giant elephant, thick short legs set off by huge claws, the back of a dinosaur, and a long tail with spears at the end". The reports were instigated by well-known Wisconsin land surveyor, timber cruiser and prankster Eugene Shepard, who rounded up a group of local people to capture the animal.

Shepard claimed to have captured another hodag in 1896, and this one was captured alive. According to Shepard's reports, he and several bear wrestlers placed chloroform on the end of a long pole, which they worked into the cave of the creature where it was overcome.

He displayed this hodag at the first Oneida County fair. Thousands of people came to see the hodag at the fair or at Shepard's display in a shanty at his house. Having connected wires to it, Shepard would occasionally move the creature, which would typically send the already-skittish viewers fleeing the display.
As newspapers locally, statewide, and then nationally began picking up the story of the apparently remarkable, living creature, a small group of scientists from the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. announced they would be traveling to Rhinelander to inspect the apparent discovery. Their mere announcement spelled the end, as Shepard was then forced to admit that the hodag was a hoax.

Fantastic.

Another club that has suffered a bit during this save, dropping two tiers. They are in a much better financial position doe:

finances.PNG

Basically no money in the bank, but no debt. Didn't have enough time to set up a big pre-season, money wise, but we did get Orlando for a $26k paycheck. A decent cup draw would help us too. Speaking of:

exp.PNG

Everything is just a bit easier than last year. Not that I got remotely close on anything last year, but...

NML

Where is Chad?

Chad Holmes will be our next update!

Also, quick update on those two who I already introduced:

Mister Manager (@Travis7401) lead LA to a very rough start in the second tier, and was SACKED for a third straight time. About a month later, he was hired by Pittsburgh in the first tier, and lead them to straight to last place and relegation back to the second tier after just two seasons in the APL. He was brought back for another year. Also, LA ended up getting 4th.

Wesley Aakino (@Yankee151) had another solid season for Wichita, but was not resigned and is currently 21 appearances shy of the club record. He was recently offered a contract by New Orleans in the fourth tier.

NML

Bumping this from a year and a half ago!

This database is so awesome that I wanted to try it again. I'm getting rid of all the other stuff since it tends to take a lot of time and kills my immersion.

In addition, I'm going to try a loathsome ultra defensive tactic and see if I can get it to work. Will also have a heavy focus on youth development as a way to be more connected to the team.

Currently simming through the opening few years to get some history. Once the season is over, I'll apply for some jobs in the lowest division and get started.

NML

My first gig is in the ninth tier of US soccer with the SCRANTON BEETS.

The Beets began their career in the eighth tier before being promoted in their second season. After just one year, they dropped back down. They bounced back up two years later but again couldn't last a second season, and were relegated to the bottom tier just before I took them over.

They play at Dunder Mifflin Stadium. Reserves play at the Steamtown Soccer Academy.

Gon fire up the youtube and make a preview vidya