• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

From the Ashes, a CAW Will Rise: The Return of Pro Clerbs

NML

bump de bump de dump like a train babby

While the turkeys haven't really taken the field in 2+ years, there are a handful of us who have stayed in touch and tried to get in a game or two here and there. However, there's been some discussion about trying to bring back the TURKEYS on a more permanent basis aMONGst the group. As we all settle in for (likely) another month plus, we figured it was worth bumping/creating a thread to get the gang back together.

If you've never played FIFA, you might get ridiculed faster than you'd learn, but we welcome good sticks skills. If you've played FIFA but never pro clubs or anything besides offline, don't worry - we have a team that (at the beginning anyways) is patient and will talk you through how to play with us. We aren't so good that you'll feel bad, and even a below-average human player is more useful than another CPU. We also have two different "ways" that we play: one is a (slightly more) sober, weekday, early evening run where we are generally looking to be competitive, and the other is drunk, late night weekend run, where we will try random shit like four-man human backlines and user keeper. While the TURKEYS have found their way into Division 1 on quite a few occasions, we typically live in the D2-D3 range. We pretty much like playing with anyone unless ur annoying on the mic, petulant, and/or continuously turn the ball over when you get it.

That said, I imagine the majority of the group will be returning turkeys. I'll start tagging people I know we've played with - add in any I miss

@Orlando
@pavel
@fiz
@mcnoles

NML

A handful of others: @Bdub @whiteyc_77 @OU11

The group that has occassionally played is myself, kella, sayo, sour, gator, and kings. I don't think kings has it yet but everybody has at least played once in FIFA 20.

Sometimes we do cool stuff like this:

Or this

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Too bad I don't have a ps4 anymore. I might see if I can find one cheap but I'm not paying 300 for one right now.

ebarws6

stAy
I'm a G1/E3 weekend league player but haven't really touched clubs this year. getting really bored of FUT so I'm down

NML

pavel coming in with just a “hmmm” isn’t doing a ton for my enthusiasm

I'm a G1/E3 weekend league player but haven't really touched clubs this year. getting really bored of FUT so I'm down
ah good, you can tell us what the meta is so we can do the exact opposite

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I haven’t bought 20 unfortunately. They prob still trying to charge $60 for it too.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm convinced if one of us just flailed on the right stick we'd beat more defenders off the dribble than we do now.
That's probably true. There's a reason "if you beat 2 defenders you have to shoot" is a rule. It just doesn't happen.

NML

I actually bought this in a fit of boredom yesterday afternoon.

giphy.gif

Pro Clerbs made me who I am today but I've moved on to greener pastures

giphy.gif

NML

The turkeys returned last night, and in great numbers. We had probably our most successful run with eight in history - I think overall for the night we had six wins, one draw, and two losses, both to any’s who played good defense.

Deadman popped his cherry, we had lots of good movement, and Orlando brought his very flamboyant winger that made it HIGHLY ENTERTAINED

It’s early, but it definitely seems like an any is a massive plus. Sour played really well last night so that may have been part of it, but our only two losses were against decent/good any’s too.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Now we all need to configure fruity running styles.

That really good any actually played how a good 1v1 player would. He conceded space he knew he couldn't win - e.g., wide space that he couldn't get to, in order to cut off more dangerous passing lanes and spaces and we played right into it, because we're so used to CPU D and idiotic Anys that just chase the guy with the ball.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Travis or kella, am guessing.

I should be on Friday. Too much shit tonight

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
wasn't me. Deadman is a new guy who played CDM (albeit with a fullback lol) and didn't sprint all the way forward on every attack.

giphy.gif

Reactions: NML

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Who was that asshole blaming me for everything that went bad last night?

giphy.gif

wasn't me. Deadman is a new guy who played CDM (albeit with a fullback lol) and didn't sprint all the way forward on every attack.

giphy.gif

Haha, I figured out how to make different play styles or whatever it's called after we were done last night. So no more RB playing CM!

NML

Who was the asshole

Everyone

Yeah, deadman was a natural fit at the holding mid spot. Honestly that’s all we want from people - stay in ur general area and move the ball quickly.

Pretty happy with how we played overall, especially considering it was the first time. One thing is that if we want to go with the two strikers, I think we’ll want two twinks up top and have the mong play CAM. I kept getting the ball in dangerous spots wide and couldn’t do much. Our wingers did a good job of cutting inside when I (or sayo) were out wide - always look for that run.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The thing is holding mid is not boring, UNLESS your forward players spend the whole game turning it over and all you're doing is chasing down counter attacks. Then it's frustrating as hell and you are more tempted to go forward just to try and be someone on the ball that isn't a complete liability. CDM is the most rewarding and simultaneously frustrating position because of this IMO. Even breaking up attacks is awesome, but if you make a great interception and outlet pass only to see it instantly turned over repeatedly, it's demoralizing.

We didn't have much of that last night until the final game when it was a bit of a shitshow but the 8th game or whatever is always a mess.

nowitsourtime

Just going over a few points

1) Damn I'm gonna get some competition for holding mid. Holding mid is a fun position to play but you do bear the most responsibility. If you turn it over, you're giving the other teams counterattacks vs AI defenders, which never turn out well for us. I thought our holding mids did really well tonight, but having so many people did definitely help getting enough attackers up the field already

2) I don't think we should ever have a full mong player in this version really. I feel like a lot of our plans involve working wide and spreading teams out with pace, rather than thicc boying everything. FIFA made it way too easy for defenders to move around Leach, which shouldn't happen considering he's a bigger akinfenwa.

3) good Any's will always force us to work harder to get inside. Playing division 1 in seasons I rarely ever am able to get passes inside without somehow beating a defender off the wing or really maintaining possession until an opportunity presents itself. I think part of this will be mitigated once our wingers get better stats and allow them to be better on the ball. Of course if we have a 6'4 255 lb striker in there you think we could win balls in the box but crosses in this game suck.

All in all though I had tons of fun.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Am joined. Good mic now too.

Roy G Biv? Joel Jones? Solomon Samson? Or a rando trumpkin name I’m cooking up?

kingssc

what time did you all play? thought it didn't end up happening

also what positions are open currently
Really anything's up for grabs, people play enough different opinions.

Generally these are where people play (dependent on number of players/who's around):

Striker - Leach/sayo/gator
Wings - Kongs/Sayo/Orlando
CAM - Kella/Sour
CDM - Sour/Kella/Gator/Deadmong
Drunk CBs - Leach/Gator
Backline Any - Sour

ebarws6

stAy
no cross-platform. PS4 as far as I know but I wasn't in the squad last night

Generally these are where people play (dependent on number of players/who's around):

CAM - Kella/Sour
Drunk CBs - Leach/Gator
Backline Any - Sour

I'd probably work best as a winger or fullback

NML

@fiz yes still on ps4

@ebarws6 yeah people are pretty flexible, especially if there’s a place you want to play. We don’t normally have enough for people to play fullback, but we easily could’ve had 10 last night so

@pavel we actually played 3-man backline most of the night!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just wait until Luggy has his physical stats built up!
Yeah my guy is like an 80. Some of the passes were truly WTF moments.

I also had one really laggy game for whatever reason. It would freeze for a few seconds and then play like it was fast forwarding and my guy would end up out of bounds without the ball or making some pass 3 seconds late if I had it. Frustrating.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

CAM - Kella/Sour
Drunk CBs - Leach/Gator
Backline Any - Sour
I honestly don’t love playing wing, but I’m just relegated there haha. It’s legacy from the PENIS & BALLS duo @GatorTD

NML

I honestly don’t love playing wing, but I’m just relegated there haha. It’s legacy from the PENIS & BALLS duo @GatorTD

definitely don’t feel like ur stuck somewhere you don’t wanna play. I'm always up for dropping back if people want to play striker

Looks like we'll have a few for tonight. @ebarws6 shoot me or sayo a message on PSN if ur around and we’ll get you added