• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TOURNEY!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Since there actually is some interest in FUT this year, I figured I'd start a quick single elimination tourney because I want to play some Utopians. To secure more interest, I'll be giving away a wondrous prize to the winner of the tournament (If for some reason I win, not likely with my finishing, I'll give the prize to the runner up). Since I'm putting up the grand prize I'm making the rules!

Grand Prize:
IF-Menez (worth about 50-55k currently)
http://www.futhead.com/15/players/39876/jeremy-menez/

Rules:
-18 players exactly - Full starting 11 plus subs bench, no more no less
-You may use gold, silver, or bronze players
-Each player must have at least 7 chemistry or you must have 90 chemistry total for the squad without a manager
-You must post your squad (starting 11+bench) and what you paid for them
-$7,500 coin max squad cost (just over $400/player average)
-You have 24 hours to complete a round of games once you are seeded, if something comes up that's fine but your opponent will move forward because this needs to be quick to be fun.
-If you can't afford a squad, let me know and I'll transfer you some coins.

If you want to play in this tournament, make a post below and start working on your team. I'd like to get the tourney started by tomorrow (Friday) evening.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you've ever wanted to play FUT but have been intimidated by the troggery, this is a great opportunity because I can give you the coins you need to start a playable team free of charge. Once you have that, you're set!

Heisman06

Would be interested if supplied the coins. I had a decent squad last year but haven't messed around with it last year. Only reason I was able to buy decent players last year was by continuously winning the World Cup mode where you won 5,000 coins.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
As an example, I put together an 18 player Ligue1 squad for 6,550 coins that has 100 chem and enough subs to play most of the positions throughout the tourney to keep stamina fresh. If I need to I can play a LW sub at a RW spot and still have over 90 chemistry for the squad as a whole. Here is the squad and I've listed what I paid for them as well:

Link
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=gs2uNrsBnLpSc:ps3

15425256015_42bb498a4e_b.jpg

GK - Costil - 300
LB - Kurzawa - 300
CB - Kerbrat - 300
CB - Nkloulu - 500
RB - Jallet - 300
CM - Pastore - 500
CDM - Mavumba - 650
CM - Fontana - 300
LW - Origi - 300
ST - Toivonen - 300
RW - Grosicki - 650

Subs:
ST - Batshuayi - 300
LW - Mollo - 300
CM - Chantome - 300
CDM - Sertic - 300
CB - Mexer - 300
LB - Digne - 350
RB - Mandi - 300

SUM = $6,550

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Would be interested if supplied the coins. I had a decent squad last year but haven't messed around with it last year. Only reason I was able to buy decent players last year was by continuously winning the World Cup mode where you won 5,000 coins.

If you don't have time to play 5 games to make $7,500 for the team, then just list a bronze player for that amount and tell me who he is and what your club name is and I'll buy him.

Heisman06

How do you utilize the "1000 coin per game easfc bonuses"? I can probably knock it out in the next day or two.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I'm bummed I don't have the time to really get into FUT this year. I always loved building a team, flipping players, the rush of finding the guy you want...in the formation you want...for a good price. I never cared for FUT gameplay though. So to hear that it plays like "regular" FIFA, now that I don't have the time to invest in really building squads, makes me a sad panda.

All you'll non-married, non-daddy guys should jump all over this tourney, especially with Travis helping you finance your team.

Plus, Travis sucks at FIFA. So take advantage of his charity and then drop a 40-lb box on him. :trollface:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
How do you utilize the "1000 coin per game easfc bonuses"? I can probably knock it out in the next day or two.

Go to the easfc (from the main screen) sort the bonuses by ultimate team and "purchase" the 1000 coin bonus

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Ligue 1 always seems to have good value too. I remember a few years ago building a 4231 Ligue 1 team with Hazard, Sow, Lloris, Mavuba, Menez, Pastore, etc., for like 1/5 of what my 352 Prem team cost.

And as a Francophile, that team made me feel kinda funny....like climbing the rope in gym class.

Heisman06

Thanks. How do we calculate the price of guys we already have from the 3 packs I got at the beginning? I have 4-5 English Premier League players in the 70-80 range so figured I'd be better off to build around them.

chibob

I'm bummed I don't have the time to really get into FUT this year. I always loved building a team, flipping players, the rush of finding the guy you want...in the formation you want...for a good price. I never cared for FUT gameplay though. So to hear that it plays like "regular" FIFA, now that I don't have the time to invest in really building squads, makes me a sad panda.

All you'll non-married, non-daddy guys should jump all over this tourney, especially with Travis helping you finance your team.

Plus, Travis sucks at FIFA. So take advantage of his charity and then drop a 40-lb box on him. :trollface:

You havent played it in a while have you?

chibob

Basically chibob is saying he's mad he can't use the team he paid for

No basically im saying I dont get the appeal of really cheap squads, I mean yeh put a limit on it but 7500...

Also iv only had about three free packs from the FUT edition, you get them each week for 40 weeks, so id have to go to the trading block to get players

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
FYI, the purpose of the rules was to make this relatively fair for new guys who haven't played FUT before, while also showing you how to build and maintain a squad while making profit on the team, and without needing to use fitness cards and stuff. Everyone can come up with a $7,500 team with full chemistry within a couple hours of gameplay (or I'll send you that many coins if you don't have time). I think that will be more fun/fair than just playing the best team everyone can come up with at this point, since the established players (mostly me, winged, gator, and chibob) would be at a huge advantage.

I also reconsidered the prize as well. I forgot they got rid of "trading" this year, so swapping players is a bit more convoluted. If you'd rather just have 50,000 fifa coins as the prize I can do that if you win. If you'd like IF Menez instead, we can work out how to get the transfer done.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Since there is some interest but people need more time, how about everyone who is interested build a tourney team over the weekend and we can start games early next week? I have to go to Wyoming late next week, but if we only have four people then it should go pretty quick :laughing:

chibob

I'm not sure chibob really understands what is going on.

Shush you!

Go beat your wife with your dick :grin:

Seriously though, trying to put together a competitive team for 7500 with 90 chem and a full bench isnt that straight forward...unless you want to sacrifice some quality.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It is straight forward, you just buy guys who are linked internationally or within the same league. The point is to not have a great team, so sacrificing quality is why the rules are there.

chibob

It is straight forward, you just buy guys who are linked internationally or within the same league. The point is to not have a great team, so sacrificing quality is why the rules are there.

I know that, but I managed to build a good squad within budget earlier but I was well below the chem.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the really cool thing about a price limit is that it forces you to try some players you normally wouldn't consider. In past FUTs I've found some real gems in the non-rare or cheap rare categories that I probably never would have played with otherwise.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You already have 2 ligue 1 in forms right? Build a cheap squad that you can sub them into when you aren't playing the tourney. That CB is a BTT for sure, he's been unbeatable for me.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
@Travis7401

i never fucked around with flipping players so I'm not sure if there's a cycle. Yesterday I flipped a ton of Evans cards (buy at 300. Bin at 500). Late last night into today I can't get an Evans at 450. Did I just catch it at a good time or does an invdidual market go up and down like that?