• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 20!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He plays for man utd so a bunch of idiots all over the world think he's way better than he really is

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think a fun way to play the game is to try a SBC and then actually play with the squad before you turn it in. That way you're at least getting value out of their contracts!

ZackMills

Have mercy
What does SBC stand for?

Installing now. What should I be doing immediately? I assume I'll get some packs that will need RIPPIN'.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The first thing to do is sell pretty much anything you can sell (a lot of your reward cards will be un-tradeable)

Use https://www.futbin.com/ to look up values and see how they change through the day. The values listed are the lowest "Buy It Now" price. You can usually get players for significantly cheaper by buying on "open bids" because people are lazy and just list players with the default minimum list price and default maximum buy it now because they are lazy.

As an example, lets say you open Kevin Gameiro. The default "list now" that most people use would be 650/10,000 and someone would probably buy him for 1,500-2,000 coins so that they can flip him for profit. Based on the most recent market reading from 49 minutes ago, his lowest Buy Now was 2,400 and all of the lowest 5 were at the same price. I would suggest listing him at 2,300/2,400. If he doesn't sell the first time, lower him to 2,200/2,300 and list again or look him up on Futbin again to see if his price changed.

1569776289891.png

The market fluctuates through the day because of timezone differences between us and @hayvis people. You can see the trends, but typically the best time to buy players is when @hayvis is asleep and the best time to sell players is when @hayvis is awake. So once the market has stabilized a bit after release, I often buy some players in the evening and then just list them for 12 hours at 10-15% more than I paid (EA has a 5% tax so remember that!) By listing for 12 hours you're basically counting on a price change to make yours the cheapest at some point during the peak UK hours. If you have enough coins to purchase like 50 players (lets say 50k at 1k per player) you can list them overnight and expect most of them to sell for a 10% increase or a 5% net profit. If you can buy them for less than the going rate, then even more profit for you!

So for Gameiro, I would expect his price to be at a relative peak now, so we can look at an hourly graph to see what you could have purchased him for last night (I believe times are listed in GMT, which is close enough to Hayvis time). His low point was 0300 GMT which is about 9pm my time. I usually buy between 8-10pm my time, which is 10pm-midnight eastern! Weekdays and Weekends also have slightly different trends. There are times when the swing is like 20-30% between timezones, but I find using 15% listing change for lower priced players and a 10% listing change for higher priced players results in the most success because if you list them overnight and they don't sell, you'll be headed back into the daily trough and there is always a chance that something changes in the market the next day and you won't be able to make a profit at all. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered sorta thing.

1569776947942.png

So lets pretend you bought 10 Gameiros last night for 1800 coins (you can almost always get players on open bid for less than the lowest BIN price). Based on my theory of listing for 15% more than the lowest BIN in the evening, you would have listed him at 2100/2200 and he would have become the cheapest listing between 8am and 9am Hayvis time and they all would have been purchased for 2200.

Price Paid = 10*1800 = 18,000
Sold for = 10*2200 = 22,000
Tax = 22,000 *.05 = 1,100

Net Profit = 2,900 coins

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Weekly things to watch out for going forward:
Sundays - the end of the weekend and people typically sell squads because they are done with the weekend league (when that is going on it is more pronounced). Pre-order and special edition packs also are given out on Sunday and people open and lit the players. This can be a good time to buy
Wednesdays - The new Team of the Week launches which typically causes a lot of pack opening, especially if there is a popular player (Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar). A good time to buy
Thursday/Friday/Sat - People getting ready for the weekend and upgrading squads (more pronounced with weekend league) a good time to sell.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Also, nobody buys Bronze and Silver packs so those cards, counterintuitively, are often more valuable than gold cards because people need them to complete SBCs.

So one thing I've been doing for the last couple of days is, when I'm checking my silver and bronze card values to see if they're worth selling, if there are only a handful of cards on the entire market I'll buy up all the cheap ones and resell them below whatever the new lowest BIN is.

So last night I had a bronze card for which there were only like 7 other cards on the market. 4 of them were 1,600+ and 3 of them were ~500. I bought all the 500 cards and then listed all 4 of mine at 1,500. All 4 of them sold within the hour.

If I had a lot more money I'd just go around looking for cards that only have a few and buying them all up.

The only thing is I don't know if EA has some algorithm for replacing cards that aren't on the market. I do occasionally run into what look like floods of EA-dumped cards.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Only lost my first game 4-1. My collection of bronzes, silvers, and a couple gold fought valiantly against an all gold team. At least my lone goal was pretty

GuyIncognito

Nice club name.

I hardly ever beat another human in this game. There's just a completely different way of playing against human opponents that I never bothered to learn.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Only lost 2-0 to an all gold team. Improvement!

This bronze RB wearing the 1920s leather football helmet is killing me.

ZackMills

Have mercy
How long do I have to demonstrate to EA I'm not a cheater and get access to the transfer stuff in the web app?

GuyIncognito

Yeah, that was annoying as hell. I'll dig up my old posts and see how long it took me. Way longer than it should have.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I can't find a straight answer online either. Some say it is time related others say you have to attempt every single FUT gamemode. I can't get access to transfers online because I might be a cheater while I see multiple Knockaerts go for buy nows at 10k. Fucking EA.

ZackMills

Have mercy
And twice now I've had the game freeze while trying to buy players the only way I can...in-game! Fucking EA.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If any of yall wanna practice against humans, I'll play friendly seasons games and use some shit team so you can get used to how another human with a pulse plays but not get steamrolled.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I am constantly reminded that I hate EA haha. I love the gameplay this year, and I can already tell FUT will be at least as gratifying as last year, but there are still things that just seem inexplicable.

1. I thought it was annoying last year that you had to enter a menu in order to switch your active squad. This year you have to go through two menus to switch your active squad.

2. There is still no free-form practice mode as far as I can tell. I really do not understand this. It cannot be difficult to implement and PES has had this since, what, N64? Even the "arena" thing, inasmuch as it can function as practice, is incredibly limited in terms of what you can do and even the camera angle you're doing it from.

I don't think I've ever complained about menus in any video game ever, but holy shit does it take a lot of buttons to navigate this game.

Got a full gold starting 11 with 100 chemistry. Went France and Ligue 1 theme since that is what I always seem to do in soccer games, haha.

GuyIncognito

IDK why, but it feels so sluggish to me on PS4. At least the demo does. I had the same problem last year, with really obscene input lag on the menus.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Is there any particular reason why the guys I get after opening packs aren't doing somersaults and cartwheels?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Is there any particular reason why the guys I get after opening packs aren't doing somersaults and cartwheels?

They aren't good enough! Only the elite players get WALK OUTS! If you get one you gotta make a YABOI BUGZ style vidya to pump ur subscriber base!

GuyIncognito

These fucks are also why gold cards aren't worth anything, because God knows how many tens of thousands of gold packs the youtubers go through so they can film themselves getting good cards.

Somebody should make a Nerd Crew-style video that's just them freaking out about shitty bronze cards

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The thing that frustrates me the most this season is that they seem to have fucked around with the switching algorithms. I use full manual switching like always, and the right stick switching is... puzzling at times, lol. My reflexes are already too slow to keep up with these chlrn, so I don't need additional EA help. This is definitely something that they changed, because I didn't have these issues on 19. The most common scenario is when I try to switch to a player and it switches to a player in the same direction, but further away. As an example, I flick the right stick toward my CB to take him over and it switches me to the LB 30 yards away instead, and my CB just stands there while the ST dribbles around him, lol.

jdlikewhoa

The thing that frustrates me the most this season is that they seem to have fucked around with the switching algorithms. I use full manual switching like always, and the right stick switching is... puzzling at times, lol. My reflexes are already too slow to keep up with these chlrn, so I don't need additional EA help. This is definitely something that they changed, because I didn't have these issues on 19. The most common scenario is when I try to switch to a player and it switches to a player in the same direction, but further away. As an example, I flick the right stick toward my CB to take him over and it switches me to the LB 30 yards away instead, and my CB just stands there while the ST dribbles around him, lol.
I thought I was just imagining mine own troubles with this. GLITCH CONFIRMED

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
These fucks are also why gold cards aren't worth anything, because God knows how many tens of thousands of gold packs the youtubers go through so they can film themselves getting good cards.

Somebody should make a Nerd Crew-style video that's just them freaking out about shitty bronze cards

I remember being amazed by the fact that non meta 83 OVR cards end up going for discard value of 650/700 coins after like 2-3 weeks. I don't think I've opened a single 83 OVR rare in like a year, lol, and I open a LOT of free packs just from playing this game! It is pretty much mind blowing to consider the enormity of this market they've created. Like imagine how low the drop rate of an individual highly rated IF player is. DeBruyne is a 92 OVR IF, so his drop rate must be like 1/100,000 packs or something and there are over 100 of him listed on the market right now!

I also don't think the packs are actually random, which is the thing that bothers me. I think new players have significantly better "luck"opening packs to get them hooked, lol. I think there is a NAUGHTY LIST of players EA suspected of selling coins (because they weren't allowed to ban without hard proof) I would definitely be on that list now! Every year I spend all my remaining coins on packs at the end and just open a shit ton... and I never get anything over an 83! (and I get the worst 83s at that!)

GuyIncognito

On the switching, two notes:

1. There are two different switch modes this year, one is current player relative and the other is ball relative (i.e. whether your currently selected player or the ball are the reference points for your switch input). Ball relative makes a lot more intuitive sense to me so that's what I use.

2. The player who would be selected if you pressed the player select button is excluded from the manual switching. So if you're trailing a play, the player directly in front of the ball is probably the "next switch" guy and excluded from the manual inputs. As far as I can tell if you push the manual select in his direction you'll get the next guy after him, even if he's 20 yards away.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
FWIW, FIFA is about half the "clicks" to get all the way into a game mode as NHL has.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 - How much drinking money do you have to use on FIFA packs every year?

I've definitely made a net profit, actually (other than buying the game). I started playing FUT in FIFA12 and made enough to buy FIFA13, where I went REAL big and made about five hundred dollars. I bought FIFA14 and then spent $20 on Fifa points (rather than buying the ELITE version, I wanted the packs up front instead of over the year). I then donated some of my FIFA money to @Irishman for nUtopia for a couple of years and continued paying for my yearly version of FIFA and some up front coins. I ran out of money I believe with the purchase of FIFA16. Since then I've just been buying the $60 version of the game and I don't spend any money on packs.

On the flip side, I have self reinforced drinking+FIFA so much that the beep of the PS$ turning on leaves me salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs for a whiskey drink, lol. So I probably have like $20/week on whiskey because of FIFA.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Went 0-5 in my qualifying matches. Played one comparable team in terms of talent. Everyone else had way better players (not the reason I lost those games though). They threw me into Division 9 (can't imagine how terrible Division 10 players had to be). Lost a few games then I beat 2 humans! Most teams I play are similar in terms of talent and some even worse. Starting to get a lot of chances with my pacey asshole team, just can't finish. My back 4 do a lot of standing around and watching attackers dribble by them! I keep saying "I'll roll with these guys until I have $20k so I can start to flip cards" but I keep learning I hate some of them and I can't access the transfer stuff on the web app, so I continue to make minor adjustments.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=CSI8Gzl9nRnvl:FFA20PS4

One major advantage to this game over DD is the lack of pausing. No one pauses!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Went 0-5 in my qualifying matches. Played one comparable team in terms of talent. Everyone else had way better players (not the reason I lost those games though). They threw me into Division 9 (can't imagine how terrible Division 10 players had to be). Lost a few games then I beat 2 humans! Most teams I play are similar in terms of talent and some even worse. Starting to get a lot of chances with my pacey asshole team, just can't finish. My back 4 do a lot of standing around and watching attackers dribble by them! I keep saying "I'll roll with these guys until I have $20k so I can start to flip cards" but I keep learning I hate some of them and I can't access the transfer stuff on the web app, so I continue to make minor adjustments.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=CSI8Gzl9nRnvl:FFA20PS4

One major advantage to this game over DD is the lack of pausing. No one pauses!

Use dat finesse shot.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I tried to lose all 5 qualifying games by playing with a bronze squad and I accidentally won one game to go 1-4. I was pumped to be in Division 9 or 10 where my skillz are comparable, but unfortunately it seems to take ur old rankings into account as well because I'm in Division 3, lol... I have a LOT of losing to do before I'm playing people who are at my current skill level!

@GuyIncognito I use player relative because that's how it has worked in the past, but it is still goofy this year sometimes. My boy OVVY suggests using player relative as well! That being said, it does look like ball relative would solve my problem of accidentally switching to a guy way far away. I'm also considering the fact that my controller is like 6 years old now and might need to be replaced from all my hamfisting! Maybe my inputs aren't reading correctly?

ZackMills

Have mercy
I think I've done all the objectives I can do without grinding to do them except I need to play a TOTW (I already did this I thought) and the SBC Basic 2...which I'd love to do but not when I'm on the console. I haven't gotten shit in any packs yet and it is annoying how all these assholes I don't want I can't sell (from what I can tell). I guess I can use them down the road with other SBCs but I'd rather have the coins now.

GuyIncognito

That's a pretty compelling argument for using player-relative switching. I guess I've never even thought of controlling defenders that far off the ball but IDK why not.

GuyIncognito

I can also endorse the Travis method of just bidding 10-15% below the lowest BIN and seeing what you can get.

I made ~15,000 while I was at work today because I made 40,000 bids for Ederson, whose lowest BIN was 45,000 at the time. Ended up with 3 of them and immediately flipped them for 47,000 each.

Just remember that there's a 5% EA tax that tries to eat the margin on this kind of thing.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The only acceptable camera angle is the high broadcast.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I tried to lose all 5 qualifying games by playing with a bronze squad and I accidentally won one game to go 1-4. I was pumped to be in Division 9 or 10 where my skillz are comparable, but unfortunately it seems to take ur old rankings into account as well because I'm in Division 3, lol... I have a LOT of losing to do before I'm playing people who are at my current skill level!

@GuyIncognito I use player relative because that's how it has worked in the past, but it is still goofy this year sometimes. My boy OVVY suggests using player relative as well! That being said, it does look like ball relative would solve my problem of accidentally switching to a guy way far away. I'm also considering the fact that my controller is like 6 years old now and might need to be replaced from all my hamfisting! Maybe my inputs aren't reading correctly?

I thought I was in Division 3.... but I'm actually in Level 3 for the week but in Division 8? who even knows how this shit works. I felt a little better about getting shit kicked because I thought I was in Division 3. Now that I realized I'm in division 8, I feel really bad again!

ZackMills

Have mercy
Ninga is mine.

I've passed from "Fuck I'm bad at this game" to "If I lose to this guy..." Getting tons of good chances with this speed asshole team, but I cannot finish at all. Guess that just means I need to use ma'coins to buy better players and not flip cards!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I probably just need to go back to my roots and use some speedy AF 5212 Russian League or Nigerian team, lol.