• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
awwwyisss, this will make it so much the same as before but all the stuff you had to search for is aggregated onto one page at least

7voxCQY.png

I wish that screen was around so that you all could see the full impact of a Douglass. He'd be a 1st ballot HALL OF GOATS player instead a HOAG player

osick87

Community Liaison
Major Changes
- 2017 projected rosters for MLB, MiLB and several international and independent leagues
- Added Challenge Mode & online user profiles, achievements and leaderboards
- Added Tournaments (WBC, Olympics and custom tournaments)
- Added Arizona Fall League support
- Added ability to retain contracts in player trades
- Added support for team promotion & relegation between leagues
- Improved and upgraded 3D, including caps on player pawns and much better looking 3D ballparks
- 3D Movements for simulated games may now be stored and replayed (needs game recaps as well)
- Added 3D game higlight reels
- Added Negro Leagues to the historical minor league database
- Revamped Injury System

Smaller Changes
- 7-day lineups now support double-headers
- Can now name manager of the year award
- Game logs and WPA graphs are only generated as-needed (with an option to generate all that are missing)
- Broadcast ball animation now works if sounds are disabled
- Adjusted human running success rates
- Added the option to mass adjust financial figures in league setup by a factor X
- New playoff modes: Modified Double-Elimination, Round-Robin. Added ability to prevent tiebreakers in a league.
- More dynamic morale system
- Updated team chemistry system + added new team chemistry page
- New player list view: Personality+Morale
- Added the option to have associtation draft order sort by winning pct, by league level + winning pct or entirely random
- Adjusted pitcher fatigue replies
- Adjusted Owner Goals
- Adjusted outrageous contract demands
- Coaches / managers are now much more less likely to move to an unaffiliated league in a foreign country.
- Improved import speed for historical minor leagues
- Added support for import of individual historical minor leaguers
- More free agents will be willing to sign minor league contracts with major league options
- Online profile that will save played seasons and achievements
- Online league files now in ZIP format instead of tar/gz
- Smoother widgets during games
- More accurate triples and HR locations based on individual parks
- Added more fielder positioning options. Adjusted fielder positioning and AI.
- Added option to have the AI set up the initial fielder positions for you to adjust later. Added keyboard shortcuts to switch between shift options.
- Added support for displaying splits & double-splits stats in the team stats sections of the league stats screen
- Added support for the overall ratings to be on 20-80 scale in increments of 5
- Added support for importing and exporting retired numbers and their description
- Added uniform number history for players
- Improved roster and transaction AI
- Improved in-game AI
- Fictional player creation has been improved in a number of ways to be more realisic and resulting in a very stable league environment
- Improved player development & aging, resulting in more realistic careers

Bug fixes (excerpt)
- Awards now given out for final month of the season if it ends before the end of the month
- Players in minor league rehab no longer count against minor league roster limits
- Fixed time in the schedule editor to handle noon-times properly
- Fixed case where players in DFA would not show up in rule 5 eligible players
- Fixed case where left-handed throwing players would show position ratings on the infield
- Fixed vs LH/vs RH games started stats
- Adjusted arbitration estimates for multiple future years
- Adjusted player contracts AI
- Fixed Facegen player jersey "button tape" problem
- Fixed crash when viewing 3D with detailed PBP and a WP/PB happens
- Fixed case where players on rehab assignments might not be listed as available for the playoff roster
- Fixed crash when resuming a game by simulating which started as being played out
- Player stats import & export now supports splits

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's $5 off right now, so you might as well. Definitely not until after the official release. O's will test first.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
It's $5 off right now, so you might as well. Definitely not until after the official release. O's will test first.

Let's make sure the TRIGGERS work this time. Remember last time when they didn't on the server? I would HATE to lose Niek Ploeg and his shitass contract.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Interesting the new Indy guy who popped up is an asshole. The RP I signed was an asshole. Another guy I signed before (Hughes) also very low leadership.

Anyone else notice this with Indy guys?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Interesting the new Indy guy who popped up is an asshole. The RP I signed was an asshole. Another guy I signed before (Hughes) also very low leadership.

Anyone else notice this with Indy guys?

Yes, that's why I stopped giving them big deals. The guy @Wolfman21 keeps bidding up, to me, could be Ossie Smith 2.0 but he looks like a shitbag, to me.

Soonerfan09

Can someone explain option years to me? I thought I understood, but apparently I don't.

The way I understand it, a players option years do not begin until a player is moved to the ML. Once a player is moved to the majors, his option years begin, giving you three seasons to move the player up and down between your active roster and minors before he is out of option years.

P Félix Padilla has never been on my 25 man roster, yet he only has one option year left. Did I fuck something up last season that I wasn't aware of that caused his option years to start?

Soonerfan09

He's only been on the 40-man for a year and 25 days...I can't remember when I added him, but I think he was about to be eligible for FA if I didn't. I'm sure I've been inviting him to ST, but I thought it was as a non-roster invitee. I've done that with a few of my younger guys without issue (aside from Padilla and SS Ellis Finnemore), and always send them back to the minors after the second ST sim.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Has 3 days ml service this year. Earned league minimum last year. So I'm assuming the option was used this year and last after ST.

Soonerfan09

So once they are put on the 40 man, they basically use an option after ST?

Or is it possible that the second ST sim was a little long and ran into the regular season? If that's what happened, shit happens, but I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong/what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again.

Wolfman21

So once they are put on the 40 man, they basically use an option after ST?

Or is it possible that the second ST sim was a little long and ran into the regular season? If that's what happened, shit happens, but I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong/what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again.

pretty sure that its the 40 man. I do non roster invitees every season and they've never used options

for instance...rafael contreras, catcher and Top 10 prospect, i've brought him to ST the last two seasons and he still has 3 option years...but i never put him on my 40 man. Once hes on your 40 man, hes on the roster so to speak

Soonerfan09

pretty sure that its the 40 man. I do non roster invitees every season and they've never used options

for instance...rafael contreras, catcher and Top 10 prospect, i've brought him to ST the last two seasons and he still has 3 option years...but i never put him on my 40 man. Once hes on your 40 man, hes on the roster so to speak
That makes sense. It would also explain why Finnemore's and Padilla's options have started (both are on my 40 man), but the other guys that I've invited to ST haven't.

Thanks.

Wooly

So I know the WBL started officially in 2033, but when would you say people started actively managing their teams? Weren't there some years after 2033 simmed before the league really began playing? Or, were the years up to 2033 the years that were simmed, and the league really was active since 2033?

Around what year would you consider the league competitive enough to make comparisons to the current WBL?

I am looking at historical stats, and I am trying to find what year to start looking at trends and results, and I don't know much about the early years of the WBL.

Wolfman21

not sure if it has more to do with the differing engines of OOTP 16/17 but we've been on a decidedly more defensive/low scoring path for about a decade now. The 2040's and early 2050's where bombs away.

Wooly

not sure if it has more to do with the differing engines of OOTP 16/17 but we've been on a decidedly more defensive/low scoring path for about a decade now. The 2040's and early 2050's where bombs away.
Yeah, I have heard that and see it in the stats too. As long as the the league was actually active and basically up and running, we count all of it, right? Baseball has had plenty of swings in that regard. From the run scoring heydey from 1930-mid 60s, then defensive baseball until the late 80s, and then the ball doctoring of 1993/1994, etc. I guess OOTP gets it right just by having swings in scoring styles from year to year.

It's sounding like 1938 was the first real year of WBL. Thanks.