• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Gooksta

Sooo i want to try the new thing with coaches and managers.. in my single player - have gone gm mode only.. did hire a manager.. he has no exp and is "laid back" so he is pretty much a puppet as to how i want the team ran.. im gonna go after a manager who wont allow me to mess with lineups when one comes avail and see how that goes. also hired an assistant GM. he is handling international scouting, signing and minor league promotions and demotions

plan on going after pitching coaches who work well with power pitchers.. and hitting instructors who promote OBP/walks
will be on the lookout for managers who like speed players also

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Has anyone done a stats only league?

Stats only is where you turn of all ratings and make all your decisions based on just player performance stats. It helps to have feeder leagues so that you have a player stats history when you draft.

Create a new league - fictional is best, I usually use the built-in MAL with feeders - don't have an initial draft, let the AI run all the teams for five seasons and then take over a team. Don't peek at ratings, set scouting at average or below. Determine your lineups, pitching staff, trades, promotion, demotions, draft choices all from stats and scouting reports.

The difficulty level goes up amazingly. You get much more of a GM and managerial experience. Is young player X lucky, or is he actually good? Is aging Player Y done for, or just hitting/pitching in bad luck? Is Player Z injury prone? Good luck figuring it all.
001_smile.gif

In stats-only you make your decisions on incomplete data and take your chances. It's not for everyone, most people don't want that much of a challenge.

Me, I love stats only. But it's your game, play it your way.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah I think I'm going to give it a go with an offline fictional league so that I can play with the newer offline features.

Gooksta

guessing team chemistry is a bigger issue in 16
private message from bench coach on my single player

vF96UjM.png

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
How do you get those logos that aren't booty? I just started a European league and they are the standard old crappy logos.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Never mind, apparently it's in Add On Central.

I'm going to try doing a European league starting mostly in the UK and expanding. 1950 start date but 2014 financials because easier to keep straight.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@OU11 how do you do the stats generation for the WBL? Did you go until all the random beginner players retired or just sim 10 years and go?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Did you hack my offline game and take control of the Edinburgh Snappers? They've won 7 shampships in 11 seasons. Lost in the series a couple times as well.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm doing an offline dynasty. Should I spam this thread or do a dynasty thread? It wouldn't be an actual dynasty, I would just randomly post updates on things I found interesting.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I took over the Dudley Miners. They have been okay in the past, but in the cellar for a while. I was going to go with the worst overall team in history, but with the new contracts and financials I shied away until I at least get used to that part. I built their stadium just like Dublin's so I can try some strategies that could translate to the WBL.

I enabled coaches and managers. I'll be letting my manager do everything and evaluate them as a staff member. More on that later. I'm not delegating much to the assistant GM.

As a twist, I can be fired so I'll be paying attention to owner goals unfortunately.

Trades will be set to favors prospects and hard, which makes it pretty tricky.

Anyway, here's the team history:

PNCnJFt.png

Financial summary:

nnhIrJS.png

Hey, that looks promising.

Except for this jerk.

9LbTRtS.png

His demands:

Iri0vuS.png

And apparently I'm inheriting this DUMBrill.

HjrW7Kt.png

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Fired my bench coach and picked up a Tactician that is heavy on shifts and L/R matchups. He's actually pretty aggressive with the small ball as well. If DUMBrill falters at all I'll just can him and promote this guy.

Slim pickings for staff right before the season starts.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Fair enough, but it's more about whether offline is truly fun. I'll be spending much of the spring watching Nats games with access to my laptop.
Well, however far you get, I'll be following along. It would be easier to follow in its own thread. I'd rather read about other players' dynasties than go to all that work myself. :D

Gooksta

In my offline.. I hired a new manager.. He has control of lineups and pitching rotation. It hard to handle to watch how h uses the roster.. lol

Wolfman21

In my offline.. I hired a new manager.. He has control of lineups and pitching rotation. It hard to handle to watch how h uses the roster.. lol

that's why I can't do it, lol. They make some seriously "wtf" decisions...and I just can't let that happen.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I started a Rockies dynasty, first I'm going to try and get rid of Tulo's contract and Cargo's as well, good thing I have can't be fired on. Gonna get 9 power hitting GOATS to hit 70hr/year a piece

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I got rid of Tulo and Cargo, but the Dbacks out tanked me. Nats win the first WS over the Sox. I'm instituting the DH in the NL and expanding the sacrificial lambship to 3 games. I picked up some GOAT independent leaguer who was 4 stars, rofl.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I have all the player gens on more than default but I was still surprised to see this guy pop up in FA. His name is in all caps too which is weird

2055zly.png

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Offline? Currently playing around with real time sims. Used to do weekly sims, it interrupts you if anything important happens.

I've also done a game where I played out one game per series or so, managing. Fun.

Wolfman21

Yeah, i tried to start one where I managed every game. That just takes a long time and with there being 162 games in a season and then having to handle the personnell part of it.......it would take a full year to do a full season. So i was just wondering how everyone else handled it

Gooksta

I like managing games usually.. but I real time SIM it at 40 speed at the moment.. can get a series or two.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah, i tried to start one where I managed every game. That just takes a long time and with there being 162 games in a season and then having to handle the personnell part of it.......it would take a full year to do a full season. So i was just wondering how everyone else handled it

I picked up playing one game per series back when I played that mouthbreather arcade game called The Show.

I made it into the third season doing that, and I complained about how the draft sucks with only five rounds and people thought I was weird.