• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

worst2first

I've been trying my hand at managing a team in the Pecos League and it's ridiculous. My good pitchers are those with ERAs under 10. I'm sure part of it is that I have little to no idea what I'm doing. I chose my starters based on stamina (none of my pitchers have more than 45) and just try to get 5 innings out of them without them giving up 10 or 15 runs.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
On a similar note......do you guys think 40 arm is enough to play at SS? I remember having Joe Kirk play ++ SS for me back during the late 2040's, but i think he had a 45 arm

The AI keeps trying to put him at SS which is part of the reason I posted. I have so many trog bats I could probably play one at cutoff man for him and just not have a CF.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
On a similar note......do you guys think 40 arm is enough to play at SS? I remember having Joe Kirk play ++ SS for me back during the late 2040's, but i think he had a 45 arm

If your 3B has good range and a good arm you can probably get away with it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I've been trying my hand at managing a team in the Pecos League and it's ridiculous. My good pitchers are those with ERAs under 10. I'm sure part of it is that I have little to no idea what I'm doing. I chose my starters based on stamina (none of my pitchers have more than 45) and just try to get 5 innings out of them without them giving up 10 or 15 runs.
You may want to turn on the setting to adjust scouting relative to the league you are in. Should be on the league settings menu somewhere. Those guys might have better stamina than it seems

But anyway, your 3 pitching ratings will tell you what you need. Stuff for Ks, Movement for limiting hard contact, Control for walks. SP just need 3 pitches (maybe less in lower minors) and 30+ stamina to avoid being relievers. Stuff does improve coming out of the pen, so that may inspire you to move guys around to maximize your efficiency

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wolfman21

Dermot's 6'5 ass throwing from 2B to 1B:

john-wall-first-pitch.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Two questions:

1. I have multiple players that I'd like to get playing time at other positions, while starting at their main position. So, for example I have a player that needs to start 2B, but I also want to get him time at SS/3B. How can I do this? When I try and put him as the backup for those positions it doesn't let me.

2. Anyone have any two-way players? I have a guy that I'd like to get time in the field, but also in the bullpen. Is that possible? Because even though he shows up on my list of pitchers when I'm looking at my "pitching" screen, I can't drag him to my bullpen.
A long long time ago I had a PH/LOOGY. Cliff Johnson was his name in the game. I think you need to have his position as a position player and he will still show up in the pitching options if you do.

The last true two way guy in MLB was a PH/DH/LOOGY.

Schauwn

A long long time ago I had a PH/LOOGY. Cliff Johnson was his name in the game. I think you need to have his position as a position player and he will still show up in the pitching options if you do.

The last true two way guy in MLB was a PH/DH/LOOGY.
He is listed as a position player and he shows up in my pitching options, but I can't actually insert him into my bullpen or starting rotation. And if I switch him to a Pitcher and try and play him at his current position, I have the same issue, he shows up, but I can't actually insert him into my lineup.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Interesting... I would play him half the year as a pitcher and half as a hitter if that's the case.

The issue with the game was the "rest" levels are connected so you can't have a SP and have him hit because he will only be able to hit once a week. He'd be too tired so it'd have to be the day before he SP. With a RP, it's unpredictable but at least if he's a LOOGY, he could have more times he's available for PH/DH duties. You can't really play him in the field much because he will be too tired.

Wolfman21

60. Honestly, 65 range is the absolute lowest I would want someone having starting at SS. 70 and above is preferred. Range, Error, Turn DP and Arm....in that order of importance for me. Arm still needs to be, at the very least, 45...preferred over 55.

kingssc

Yeah looking at a guy with 70 range and a 75 arm (55 DP and error), just wondering if I'm going to be able to raise that shortstop rating up to a 60 level. Seems a waste to have that arm at 2B

Wolfman21

hed prolly be an avg to slightly below avg SS. elite, elite 3B. Low error and DP really kill him as a middle infielder

Wolfman21

so im looking at my park factors trying to figure out where i should play my corner OF who has higher range. My distances have my LF wall anywhere from 2-7 feet deeper than my RF wall.....however the factors have LHB AVG much higher than RHB AVG and RHB HR is higher than LHB HR. So does that mean my park actually plays as if RF is deeper and more expansive than LF?

Schauwn

I would read it as the batter is more likely to get a hit if he hits to left field, therefore you want your guy in LF to neutralize that.

EDIT: Or maybe range is more important in your RF, and defensive rating is more important in LF?

Gooksta

so im looking at my park factors trying to figure out where i should play my corner OF who has higher range. My distances have my LF wall anywhere from 2-7 feet deeper than my RF wall.....however the factors have LHB AVG much higher than RHB AVG and RHB HR is higher than LHB HR. So does that mean my park actually plays as if RF is deeper and more expansive than LF?
Lf is more expansive and rf is not as deep, thats how i read it