• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Hammer Time

Gooksta

Yeah but that has nothing to do with BA, only means he hits more outs
Putting the ball in play will lead to a higher average over a strikeout.. I'm not saying he is gonna hit .280. I'm saying him cutting his k's from 150 to 100 will give him a better batting average.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Putting the ball in play will lead to a higher average over a strikeout.. I'm not saying he is gonna hit .280. I'm saying him cutting his k's from 150 to 100 will give him a better batting average.

It will lead to more ground outs for sure.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
it will lead to a small number of hits, sure. But probably 80% of those new hits will be for outs. If you're lucky, 78%

Gooksta

it will lead to a small number of hits, sure. But probably 80% of those new hits will be for outs. If you're lucky, 78%
More like 70 to 75.. babip average is typically around .270 - .280 is it not?

My exp 45 contact leads to around a .230 average.. now add in obp.. He could be an ok bench/glove guy

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
More like 70 to 75.. babip average is typically around .270 - .280 is it not?

My exp 45 contact leads to around a .230 average.. now add in obp.. He could be an ok bench/glove guy

You realize that 70 to 75 means he is a .250-.300 hitter? Nah b. Like I said, 80 but probably 78 if you're lucky.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd be happy with .230 from him. That's a solid utility guy who can start if there is an injury. He'd probably have a .370 OBP if he hit .230. The only nice thing about the higher avoid k is that the ball will be in play moving runners or bringing runs in. I don't expect more hits.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah it looks like .230 would be a good year from him, .220 average, .200 in a bad year. With the OBP though that's a great bench bat to come in and get in position

Gooksta

I'd be happy with .230 from him. That's a solid utility guy who can start if there is an injury. He'd probably have a .370 OBP if he hit .230. The only nice thing about the higher avoid k is that the ball will be in play moving runners or bringing runs in. I don't expect more hits.
This is basically what I was arguing.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
GM of da year 2046

Roddis da goat, New Wizard, Glove Wizard, All-Wizard 2046

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I should be back to get in on them late I think. Tomorrow will be the last one I miss I think, especially if you get drOUnk Saturday.

Looks like I'll be heavily drinking tomorrow and Saturday, for your sake of course

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Finally got past the first round in 2046. Couldn't get past @Yankee151 for the second year in a row.

In 2047 the roster will look pretty much the same. There isn't really a need to overhaul anything, but I do have a few issues.

Catcher - Roddis made moving Harris much easier. He is durable, with a plus bat and great defense. My only worry is that he is 6'6" and I don't have much for a back up. Finding one is one of my tasks for the remainder of the offseason.

Infield - With Brittain, Padilla and IceBox, I really only have to find consistency from one other spot. Padilla and Icebox's flexibility make it a bit easier to find that fourth player. Eglinton will likely get one last season to prove he is more than just 25-30 HR. Other options are, Orozco (looking like a AAAA player), Vaughn (all glove), Worsfold (probably not ready) and Decker, who also isnt ready.

Outfield - The outfield is set, although crowded. There are a lot of injury prone players here, so having 6 capable starting OF is more of a need than a luxury. Reaper, Weber and Gonnet will likely be the starters with Carillo and Day getting a significant number of AB.

Starting Rotation - Borg is actually about 9 pitchers deep here - Naz, Campbell, Rod, Dan, Funky, Music Man, Munoz, Rapely, Pendragon. Its an interesting situation to be in to be sure and Rapely will probably pitch twice haha. I should try to sell off some of this depth or "waste" it in what I think is my key weakness...

Bullpen - Jorge is a top closer and Tempo is a top set-up guy. After that it is kind of meh. Grinaldo is solid over an entire season, but seems like he can't be trusted in big games. Brun had a breakout year finally, but got injured. Because of this inconsistency, I'll likely run a 6-man rotation again and slot Munoz and Rapley into the 'pen. I am not sure these are the best arms for the 'pen, but I don't have much of a choice unless I pick up some arms in FA.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Was checking WBL history files and saw that Helsingborg has won 100 games five years in a row. Amsterdam has won 100 games an astonishing eight years in a row. Buffalo four years in a row. Dynasties.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I dont think ive ever used FA for more than anything but backups. Lol at people using it as a legitimate talent source

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I dont think ive ever used FA for more than anything but backups. Lol at people using it as a legitimate talent source
The only thing it's really good for is RP, but they won't even take a meeting tho.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I needed relievers mostly. Literally none will talk on taps with me tho. thought about adding a backup catcher, decided against it but most wouldn't talk

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I wish i could trade places with you since i never use FA for anything more than shits and giggles. I just trade and draft. Hopefully that thread will give us a way to fix it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You just flew past me, and you're hitting a ridiculous number of HRs
Team is firing on all cylinders right now. It won't last, but it has been fun to watch. My offense has never been this productive. Henny and Weber are earning them new contracts. Rod is really the only guy playing poorly and my pen has been meh.