• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Hammer Time

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We act like we've been there before, in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2040, 2041, 2042, 2043, 2044, 2047, 2049

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wasnt 2048 the year doh won? I think the wolfpoint was supposed to be that he won but that was 2049 iirc

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wasnt 2048 the year doh won? I think the wolfpoint was supposed to be that he won but that was 2049 iirc
No, you just won 2049 :laughing: Doh won 2045, so you missed that in your list. Unless you are just counting DamBorgOkieMad,

I went to the ship back to back years. Won in '47, lost* in '48.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No, you just won 2049 :laughing: Doh won 2045, so you missed that in your list. Unless you are just counting DamBorgOkieMad,

I went to the ship back to back years. Won in '47, lost* in '48.
2048 should be on there then. I was just counting when you and i were in the ship. I think we met up 5 years straight back in the nnw and ene days.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Helsingborg Hammers :: 2050 Season Preview

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 11.10.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 11.09.05 PM.png

Lots of familiar faces in the lineup.

1. Ping Marroquin, SS
I decided to bring Ping back even though he was expensive. He is a solid SS still in his prime and a prototypical leadoff hitter. He will get on base and steal 60+ bases. Could reach 500 SB this year.

2. Razor Lopez, CF
The other half of the blockbuster trade with Zach Campbell. Razor is a good all around bat. He should hit for average and power and play great defense in CF. He also likes to hide in other player's lockers.

3. Mike Harris, LF
Harris is the other new name in the lineup. He is coming off a great year with the Riggers. He his a classic OBP/SLG bat. Even though he played in a pitcher's park, I think his average will come down. He will still get on base plenty for the 4 and 5 hitters and has the pop to drive in plenty of runs hisself.

4. Jay Brittain, 1B
Jay my probably my riskiest deal of the offseason. He was once one of the most consistent bats in the league, but last season he played terribly for both Borg and Dam. I am hoping he is happy now that he is back and getting paid well. His spring numbers were a good sign. Could reach 250 HR this season.

5. The Alchemist Cotterell, DH
Henny will hit 5th. Not much to say here. Mr. Hammer will be chasing 2000 hits this season.

6. Dennis Weber, RF
Weber is coming off a pretty shitty year. He is over 30, so his time in CF is likely over. I am hoping moving him to RF full time and regular rest will get him on track and back to a 4+ WAR season.

7. Owen Roddis, C
The 6'6" catcher has been a slight disappointment with the bat, but he is still a 3+ WAR player. Could throw out #200 this year.

8. Craig Decker, 3B
Craig should hopefully break out this year. He won't be a star, but should be an above average bat and glove at 3B

9. Danny Worsfold, 2B
Like Craig, Danny is looking to break out and reach his full potential in his age 25 season. He has done all he can in AAA and I am hoping those numbers will finally translate to the WBL.

My bench is solid. Andy Darrach is a super utility player who plays great defense at a lot of positions and still hits for a decent average. He isnt exactly pleased to be on the bench, but he will get plenty of ABs between 2B/3B/SS. I brought back Butcher Spitsbaard (via the Riggers) as the back up catcher. He did a great job there last season and I didnt want to spend much on the position. Former first rounder Tim Fisher will be the fourth OF. He can defend all three OF positions and has a passable bat.

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 11.10.54 PM.png

I decided to give Naz the opening day start. He had a solid year in the bullpen last year, but it was also our worst season in a decade. Putting him in the rotation also forces me to run a six man rotation. I'll probably reevaluate this about a month in and see if I need to move Naz and his 35 stamina back to the pen. Schulz was my big FA signing this year. He should help make up for the loss of Campbell. Guti is a good to great #3. Rod and Dan are regulars in the rotation. Dan might fall back to the 'pen as he pitches better there, but he had a great spring. Racetrack Navio will round out the rotation. He pitched 1/3 of a season last year and won a BTT award. He has 3 great pitches, so I am hoping his pitching ratings pop a bit.

Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 11.11.10 PM.png

Sal Garcia was the odd man out of the rotation to bring Naz in. Jorge Martinez will probably be the closer, but I am going to start the season with no defined roles and see how things play out. The Munoz brothers are a bit redundant, but Ricardo might be more of a set up man or closer. The newest arm in the bullpen is Trevor Cosman. Cosman was an IFA signing a while back who I thought might be the next Naz, but his stamina is just too low. He strikes hitters out at a very high rate.

Overall I am hoping for a bounce back year. I think the slight improvements I made, along with playing rebounding from down years, will do just that.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Am excited to watch Dat rigger Harris play for what should be a winner. I really like the moves you made this off season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm sure Music Man will pull out of the congressional race when he gets my job offer for Scouting Director tucked into the invitation to his number retirement ceremony.

Wolfman21

thats been my worry with him since his pitch ratings became insane though. Hes got so many damn 70 pitches, how could he control all of them? Which is why it will disappoint me, because i'd love to see how many sub 1.0 ERA seasons he could have, lol

Wolfman21

Actually, it looks like both your top prospects have an issue. Iceman's is control and Balbuena's power potential looks like it may not be met...though the rest of his bat/game is outstanding so that wouldn't really hurt him that much.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He is heading back down to AAA, so hopefully he figures it out there. I am hoping he is just a late bloomer, but those guys who develop control late are rare. I'd be happy if he gets his control up to a 60.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Actually, it looks like both your top prospects have an issue. Iceman's is control and Balbuena's power potential looks like it may not be met...though the rest of his bat/game is outstanding so that wouldn't really hurt him that much.
Yeah. Pretty crazy those are the #1 and #2 prospects in the league right now (according to OSA). Balbuena is only 20, so I am not super concerned yet. His gap power is there and the contact is coming a long. Even his eye is solid for AA. His HR total this year will be key to watch.

Wolfman21

He is heading back down to AAA, so hopefully he figures it out there. I am hoping he is just a late bloomer, but those guys who develop control late are rare. I'd be happy if he gets his control up to a 60.

Id be happy if he got it up to 55. With those pitches just get it close.

Yeah. Pretty crazy those are the #1 and #2 prospects in the league right now (according to OSA). Balbuena is only 20, so I am not super concerned yet. His gap power is there and the contact is coming a long. Even his eye is solid for AA. His HR total this year will be key to watch.

Oh no doubt. Hes still a 4*+ type guy and everyday starter even if he keeps 20 or 25 HR power. Just kinda funny how both of your guys had one rating that is severely behind all the others.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Pettersen Joins HOF Legends
Tuesday, January 7th, 2059

Jonathan Pettersen was a happy-go-lucky hurler that didn't seem to take baseball too seriously. But Pettersen was good enough to chalked up 212 victories. Much to the dismay of his managers, the gifted pitcher was fond of making esoteric and philosophical observations like, "People are too hung up on winning. I can get off on a really good helmet throw."

Whether he believed that or not, the baseball writers took his accomplishments on the mound seriously and voted him into the prestigious Worldtopia Baseball League Hall of Fame.

At his induction today Pettersen told the press, "I played the game for fun. That didn't mean I wasn't giving it my all. I wouldn't be here today, if I hadn't given it my all."

Pettersen retired at age 41 and in his superb career compiled a fine ERA of 3.87 with 212 victories and 173 defeats and held opponents to a .257 batting average. All total he pitched in 524 games and struck out 2735 batters in 3353.1 innings.

The eccentric and irreverent pitcher closed out his speech in style: "Baseball's a very simple game. All you have to do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."

Little wonder that none of his managers were at the Hall of Fame today.
:laughing: