• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

How do defend Digs ?

fanoftgame

Digs and drive concepts are killing. Especially against a stud wr.

SG%2000012.jpg

This play especially. If they put a stud wr as the single side wr. It automatically beats man and it seams no matter what zone I use that fake that it goes flat across the field my opponent just waits for them to clear whatever zone defender is threatening and drill it in for auto 10+ yards.

I've tried doubling with computer, but the computer doesn't really bracket well. It like they don't work together they work like they are both 1 on 1 with the wr so he ends up beating both:rolleyes:.

I know this is late in the game but I would like to hear your opinions. Also with the drag route underneath and pa it really tough.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
It's hard to stop anyone period, much less someone who knows what they are doing. With that being said you can:

- hot route a guy who is in zone to cover X man-to-man. Then user the safety to fill the void.
- take a blitzing LB, put him in a zone and manually use to clutter up the user's favorite route.

Really not much else you can do "outside the box" of regular defense to stop these things.

fanoftgame

Beware the shallow crosses though. You'll probably want to user an OLB to watch the intermediate throws.

True I play mlb and for most part I give up the shallow. I kind of have a 5 ard no cover rule. Basically I try to cover the deep middle and rally to shallow. If for example the Te goes shallow unless its like 3rd or 4th down I just pass it. One because moat people want something deeper. Two, because its so quick that it will be hard for me to get to anyway.