• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

How do you attack Cover 2 robber

fanoftgame

More specifically
Cover_3_33stack_medium.PNG

Where the Free Safety is usered and really active in run game and pass.

My thoughts are Pa 4 verts, and streak, flat, corner flood plays on the sidelines.

In the run game unbalanced formations. Try to get a man advantage, also with option if you have mobile qb.

lastly draw which I don't really like.

Your thoughts?

fanoftgame

That looks more like cover 3 buzz.I would Run the ball... PA flood those zones dude

I technically is but he users the fs and uses robber rules to be in the box on run plays and deep third on pass plays. Run out of 335 personell.

running game other than option is tough because your a man short.

fanoftgame

That looks more like cover 3 buzz.I would Run the ball... PA flood those zones dude

If you mean flat corner streak it is kind of effective. Except if you need to go 3x1 to get that to work which he will move fs to strength and elinate the flood advantage.

As far as pa that help. But if you got six defenders in mid to short zones even if 1 bites you still have 5 zones to worry about. Also what if the dont bite. I look at pa as constraint play. You have to establish run or rely in bad rated coverage def or high pa rating quarterback

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If you mean flat corner streak it is kind of effective. Except if you need to go 3x1 to get that to work which he will move fs to strength and elinate the flood advantage.

Have the RB run the flat out of 2x2

fanoftgame

@bruin228

This is another issue I have because in that flood concept flat are kinda weak so Its tough to consitantly gain yards with it because corner rally to flat.

But thanks I look more into it.

Anyone have any articles or other reading on what pass heavy teams do against 8 and 9 man coverage?

JAR201166

@bruin228

This is another issue I have because in that flood concept flat are kinda weak so Its tough to consitantly gain yards with it because corner rally to flat.

Anyone have any articles or other reading on what pass heavy teams do against 8 and 9 man coverage?
Screens

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@bruin228

Are you having the RB run the flat or a wheel? I never have my RBs run what the game calls flat routes unless it's what looks like is seen here:

NCAA13_Shotgun_Split_Close_Z_Spot.jpg

The wheel obviously turns up the field much quicker than the "flat" routes so I think it's a much better route than what you get out of the flat route. Any zone I see is typically something like Cover 2 Sink, Cover 6, Cover 4, or this Cover 3 you're talking about so I'm able to hit the wheel underneath.

To create that 2x2 Flood concept, I usually take Y Corner, hot route the slant to a go and the RB to a go. The backside is either levels or double slants.

What kind of coverages are you seeing?

fonzilla

Run the ball dude. If you only get a couple yards, so what. Especially when there are only three down lineman

fanoftgame

Run the ball dude. If you only get a couple yards, so what. Especially when there are only three down lineman

That is what I want to do the issue is he is getting 9 in the box using robber rules.

It basically forces you to run playaction and 4 verts all game. Dl in a bear alignment.

Or make tight throws into intermediate/short zones.