• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It’s 2083

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Jack Miller's defense really has me perplexed...

hes only 24....2 seasons ago, he had a +11.2 ZR in RF. Last year, he had a +8.5 ZR. This year hes at -2.5 and has committed as many errors as the last two seasons combined. Doesn't really make sense how a guy, at 24, has gone from one of the best fielders in the WBL at his position, 2081 and 2082 Glove Wizard, to a negative fielder. And there have been zero injuries. Just odd

Probably MS

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Jack Miller's defense really has me perplexed...

hes only 24....2 seasons ago, he had a +11.2 ZR in RF. Last year, he had a +8.5 ZR. This year hes at -2.5 and has committed as many errors as the last two seasons combined. Doesn't really make sense how a guy, at 24, has gone from one of the best fielders in the WBL at his position, 2081 and 2082 Glove Wizard, to a negative fielder. And there have been zero injuries. Just odd
Same thing happened to Roosevelt Rigney as a CF, which was perhaps more dissappointing because that was his only value

Wolfman21

Isn’t ZR relative to the rest of the league?

So the rest of the leagues right fielders got that much better defensively that he went from elite to a liability in 1 season? Also, 8 errors combined in 81 and 82....he has 7 in not even 100 games this season. Maybe its just a 1 year deal and he'll bounce back. Just found it odd

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So the rest of the leagues right fielders got that much better defensively that he went from elite to a liability in 1 season? Also, 8 errors combined in 81 and 82....he has 7 in not even 100 games this season. Maybe its just a 1 year deal and he'll bounce back. Just found it odd
I imagine it could contribute. Is +11 elite? I’m not sure. Hopefully you are right and it’s just a blip.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
On a serious note, good fielders without being a great bat are massively over valued in this league (at the current time - I think it used to be different which is the reason). The fielding always nose dives and if they haven't got a bat to back it up they're redundant (not that the fielding seems to gain that much anyway). Just look at Paulinho Jordan. I hate that player. He still rates as a 70 CF but will win you nothing but negative WARS and a negative zone rating.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Borg rookie update.

Ahlstad hasn’t figured it out. 200 ABs and he has provided great defense and a bunch of SB, but his bat is so bad he is still negative WAR. Sending him back down and giving Leonard his starting job back.

Cisneros is doing just fine. Average is a little low, but we need him in the lineup with Wailin still injured and a recovery time that has changed to UNKNOWN.

Nunez has been straight fire.emoji. Rookie of the month in July. Hopefully he stays healthy. He’s had one minor injury so far.

In the pipeline: a tandem of Swedish catchers. It’s taking all my willpower not to just bring them up to the WBL.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

CTYP+Little+Big+League+25th.jpg

Soonerfan09

We are in a dangerous spot right now. We're 6-17 since the ASG and have been decimated by injuries. We were already a young team, but my best pitchers and hitters have missed months of the season so far. I don't think we're going to be able to hold on to the 4th spot.

Hopefully we'll be able to get someone good in the draft for once.

Wolfman21

In another episode of "As the glove turns" with jack Miller....his ZR went from -2.5 to -1.9 just in the last sim. Maybe he just had a couple bad months. will be interesting to continue to follow

Wolfman21

I cant imagine theres anything in Iowa interesting enough to keep one away from the WBL for this long. Can someone go check on karl?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Went from feeling meh when I woke up to having a 102-degree fever by 10:00. It felt like I got hit by a truck. Feeling good enough now to venture out of bed at least.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Went from feeling meh when I woke up to having a 102-degree fever by 10:00. It felt like I got hit by a truck. Feeling good enough now to venture out of bed at least.

I had something similar 3 weeks ago. Tested negative for flu twice. Then it turned into pneumonia and I haven’t been able to kick it (but improving). Hope you feel better soon.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Can anyone explain to me why Joseph Nelson who's only ever had three injuries in his career with a maximum of 3 weeks dtd has now been relegated to fragile? As far as I can tell this has no basis in any kind of real life situation. I always thought, as in real life, a player became fragile after a serious injury or multiple smaller ones usually to the same place. Otto seems to just have randomly decided this shit.

Oh and he's 24.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Can anyone explain to me why Joseph Nelson who's only ever had three injuries in his career with a maximum of 3 weeks dtd has now been relegated to fragile? As far as I can tell this has no basis in any kind of real life situation. I always thought, as in real life, a player became fragile after a serious injury or multiple smaller ones usually to the same place. Otto seems to just have randomly decided this shit.

Oh and he's 24.

Sounds like another case of Hayvis AIDS.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This game has been like a fucking monkey throwing shit at me this season. I know doh reckoned he had been hit with the same thing, but my minor league pithing injuries add up to something like 55 months and it seems to be fucking a lot with normal rated guys. I don't think it's been very realistic or fair at all. And now it's fucked with my second best player at 24 years old.

This game is fucking shit to me. It's fucked me over in multiple ways. I have the worst luck in the WBL (or Karl is fucking with me trying to make me give up - JOKE)..

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Oh and he's 24.
Players are generated with an injury rating. Each injury probably takes a few points off. If he was generated with a normal rating close to the threshold he could bump to fragile after a few injuries.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Players are generated with an injury rating. Each injury probably takes a few points off. If he was generated with a normal rating close to the threshold he could bump to fragile after a few injuries.

I get it. I would argue that this is a fairly stupid way of doing things though. The injury rating should go up as well as down if a player doesn’t sustain any major injuries. Seems like it only goes down. It just looks fucking stupid when a guy who’s only had three extremely minor injuries in his career is suddenly fragile.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I get it. I would argue that this is a fairly stupid way of doing things though. The injury rating should go up as well as down if a player doesn’t sustain any major injuries. Seems like it only goes down. It just looks fucking stupid when a guy who’s only had three extremely minor injuries in his career is suddenly fragile.
Go up? I think it might on rare occasions, but people get more injury prone not less.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Players earn "Iron Man" injury rating. I don't think you can draft guys like that?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This kind of makes it even dumber that a player like Nelson can suddenly turn fragile after only ever having three very minor injuries in his entire career. They sort of know how it should work but don't apply it lower down the scale.

What should have happened if he was a 'low' normal is that his probability of serious/recurring injury should have already been higher and that rating pushed down after several minor injuries or one major injury. If a player is on the borders it should not be a step change, especially after virtually no injuries.

It makes fuck all sense that a player with Nelson's injury history is suddenly fragile. Just look at his page. The most recent and first injury in two years was a three week day to day abdominal strain.

Wolfman21

Man, i was not expecting the rookie, turhan karabekir, to be my best starter this season. He has severely outperformed my expectations though he seems to be getting a bit lucky. 3.68 era but a 4.82 fip and .267 babip. His last 10 starts have been insane. 6-2, 8 quality starts, all 6+ innings, sub 2 era since June

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This kind of makes it even dumber that a player like Nelson can suddenly turn fragile after only ever having three very minor injuries in his entire career. They sort of know how it should work but don't apply it lower down the scale.

What should have happened if he was a 'low' normal is that his probability of serious/recurring injury should have already been higher and that rating pushed down after several minor injuries or one major injury. If a player is on the borders it should not be a step change, especially after virtually no injuries.

It makes fuck all sense that a player with Nelson's injury history is suddenly fragile. Just look at his page. The most recent and first injury in two years was a three week day to day abdominal strain.

You should register over at the OOTP forums and lay into the indydevs.