• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It’s 2083

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This kind of makes it even dumber that a player like Nelson can suddenly turn fragile after only ever having three very minor injuries in his entire career. They sort of know how it should work but don't apply it lower down the scale.

What should have happened if he was a 'low' normal is that his probability of serious/recurring injury should have already been higher and that rating pushed down after several minor injuries or one major injury. If a player is on the borders it should not be a step change, especially after virtually no injuries.

It makes fuck all sense that a player with Nelson's injury history is suddenly fragile. Just look at his page. The most recent and first injury in two years was a three week day to day abdominal strain.
We can switch injuries from low to normal if you’d prefer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Iron man is an earned title. I don't think they actually have a lower chance of being injured. I believe it is the same for "wrecked." The label is injury history. There are multiple hidden injury ratings.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, the labels are really just titles that give you an idea of what the player's injury rating might be, but they do have certain limitations (ie a player can't get an IRONMAN label if they have a terrible injury rating, even if they have a good history). I remember during FUCKFACEGATE the nail that broke the trog's coffin was the fact that injury ratings couldn't improve over time and I had screenshots of his guys with injury history and "fragile" label that later changed to DURABLE/IRONMAN. The Dev's said this wasn't possible without a manual rating change. Granted, that was several sims ago.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
This kind of makes it even dumber that a player like Nelson can suddenly turn fragile after only ever having three very minor injuries in his entire career. They sort of know how it should work but don't apply it lower down the scale.

What should have happened if he was a 'low' normal is that his probability of serious/recurring injury should have already been higher and that rating pushed down after several minor injuries or one major injury. If a player is on the borders it should not be a step change, especially after virtually no injuries.

It makes fuck all sense that a player with Nelson's injury history is suddenly fragile. Just look at his page. The most recent and first injury in two years was a three week day to day abdominal strain.
You should have been in the league when injuries were normal. The amount of injuries in the game is virtually nothing. Look at a REEL baseball team. Normally a few guys on the IL. Now? Barely any.

I'm still with @Gooksta on injuries should be normal. Would add a ton more variance to the game.

doh

Just checked into the game to see that 6th overall pick last year Juan Vargas in his first start back from the IL tore his rotator cuff.

That's a career ender.

Oh fluff.

EDIT: And my top pick this year CL Rutsu has shoulder problems and is out for the year. OH FLUFF X2 @Rutgers Mike

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You should have been in the league when injuries were normal. The amount of injuries in the game is virtually nothing. Look at a REEL baseball team. Normally a few guys on the IL. Now? Barely any.

I'm still with @Gooksta on injuries should be normal. Would add a ton more variance to the game.

I haven't got a problem with injuries, I'm just bemoaning my bad luck. I think you're right that it would be better on normal.

doh

It would create a lot more parity and random years. I'd like it but most people here hate it (understandably).

I do think the abundance of good AAA players has to do with the lack of injuries. If injuries were normal, we'd have a lot more of those dudes in the WBL. Now we all kinda have 8-10 guys good enough to be an OK WBL player but no where to play.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It would create a lot more parity and random years. I'd like it but most people here hate it (understandably).

I do think the abundance of good AAA players has to do with the lack of injuries. If injuries were normal, we'd have a lot more of those dudes in the WBL. Now we all kinda have 8-10 guys good enough to be an OK WBL player but no where to play.

Now you mention it I also think it would help any imbalance in injuries. If they were more prolific, everyone would be affected. At the moment, two or three teams have bad years, which is far less fair than widespread plague.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That's... not how it works.

Yes it is. There is a smaller percentage of elite talent than average or good. The higher the percentage of overall injuries, even if distributed in exactly the same manner would lead to more of that small proportion of elite talent being injured and therefore have the effect of levelling the playing field. THATS THE MATHS.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - What I'm saying wouldn't work if there wasn't a massive disparity in the number of average to elite players, but there is, so there it is. You can run some hypothetical numbers. It will work.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Nah B. I'm just saying that it would level the playing field which it would. There are a small percentage of elite players in this game that rule the league, and a massive amount of average players that make up the rest. The higher the injury rating the more of those elite guys get taken out, and would create more relative parity.

I don't give a shit though. @doh just got Hayvis' brain working again on this, and I thought I would share my ABSOLUTELY CORRECT hypothesis.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Nah B. I'm just saying that it would level the playing field which it would. There are a small percentage of elite players in this game that rule the league, and a massive amount of average players that make up the rest. The higher the injury rating the more of those elite guys get taken out, and would create more relative parity.

I don't give a shit though. @doh just got Hayvis' brain working again on this, and I thought I would share my ABSOLUTELY CORRECT hypothesis.

Please do an offline game with higher injuries and see what it looks like. Not good!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

The WBL never ran with normal injuries. I believe that was only the UBL. We even ran a season or two on very low because people complained.

Wolfman21

Please do an offline game with higher injuries and see what it looks like. Not good!

Its one reason i havent done an offline game in a while...takes too much time simming a day or two and then having to go through my entire system readjusting lineups due to injuries and guys coming back from injury

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Its one reason i havent done an offline game in a while...takes too much time simming a day or two and then having to go through my entire system readjusting lineups due to injuries and guys coming back from injury

Yeah, it’s miserable. I quit my Rangers MLB play-through because of this. I’ll try again with an offline fictional league with a similar setup to the WBL when 21 drops.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Yep. I don't think I've played offline since '18.

Soonerfan09

Karl during sims lately:

PrestigiousVengefulBoa-size_restricted.gif

We have been absolutely decimated by injuries this season. Lost two SPs for at least 11 months in back to back weeks. One is 25, the other 26. Vicente Medina, who was on pace for an MVP type season, missed 7 weeks with a strained groin. During his rehab assignment, he fractured his ribs running bases (?) and will now miss another 6 weeks. Gallo has missed 5 weeks with a fractured arm, but will hopefully begin his rehab assignment next week if his recovery goes well. Comert finally died after shoulder inflammation but him on the DL for 7 months. Bin Ayoob has missed 13 weeks with back tightness, a high ankle sprain, and plantar fasciitis. Another SP is out for three more weeks with a partially torn labrum. These are just the current injuries.

If we make the playoffs this season, Corch Fan deserves a raise.

doh

I don't think it's an option, right?

I'd rather do 26-28 but I don't really care that much.