• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It’s 2083

Wolfman21

Welcome to the Bigs Dumitru "Snake Eyes" Burinca! Acquired him in the trade with @doh where I received the cheng hao-lu cum dump. He was a 65/50/45 potential guy when i traded for him. He has reached 75/50/50 potential now. His current ratings have him at 65/50/50 with only 5-10 pts to gain on two of his pitches....all 3 pitches being 70+. Hes also "Durable" and a "Captain". Hopefully......hes good enough.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I hate this fucking lineup and will be lighting candles and praying the rosary today that the Wooly cheat codes finally fall into my lap. Please make this happen g-d.

Wolfman21

I am the dumbest motherfucker alive for non-tendering that guy instead of paying him $14M in ARB.

hes quite the damn story, tbh. Had an ok but nothing spectacular career in Miami from 2071-2076...nontendered by you because he only had two seasons worthy of being a starter(especially for that kind of money). Karl signs him in the 2076-2077 offseason to a minor league deal. He spends the next 3+ seasons in AAA, getting 8 starts for Seoul(and pitching poorly) in 2080. 2081 he makes the opening day roster and has possibly the best season of his career. 2082 he backs it up with another solid season and so far in 2083, at 35 years old, hes pitching well for me.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
hes quite the damn story, tbh. Had an ok but nothing spectacular career in Miami from 2071-2076...nontendered by you because he only had two seasons worthy of being a starter(especially for that kind of money). Karl signs him in the 2076-2077 offseason to a minor league deal. He spends the next 3+ seasons in AAA, getting 8 starts for Seoul(and pitching poorly) in 2080. 2081 he makes the opening day roster and has possibly the best season of his career. 2082 he backs it up with another solid season and so far in 2083, at 35 years old, hes pitching well for me.

WBL's Jamie Moyer?

Wolfman21

WBL's Jamie Moyer?

Somewhat. Looks like his ratings with Miami were 65/55/60. His stuff dropped, but his control got better to the point he was/is 55/55/65. Seoul is no doubt a better team than Miami was during his time there...so im sure that helped. Will be interesting to see what happens over his remaining time in kabul

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Somewhat. Looks like his ratings with Miami were 65/55/60. His stuff dropped, but his control got better to the point he was/is 55/55/65. Seoul is no doubt a better team than Miami was during his time there...so im sure that helped. Will be interesting to see what happens over his remaining time in kabul

He's definitely someone who needs a good defense behind him to be effective.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

That's 2/3 of a nice outfield going forward. I like Ahlstad because of that higher eye. He won't just be hacking at the ball like a lot of glove-first guys. Cisneros could be a top-3 RF, too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's 2/3 of a nice outfield going forward. I like Ahlstad because of that higher eye. He won't just be hacking at the ball like a lot of glove-first guys. Cisneros could be a top-3 RF, too.
I like Ahlstad a lot. He seems to have more power than his ratings suggest. He is getting his chance because Leonard got hurt and Segard seems to be an underperformer so far. Ahlstad will probably stick because he can play so many positions. Segard is just as good in CF and Leonard has been a solid 2 WAR WBL player thus far, so we will see how it all pans out. Good to have options though.

I'm slotting Cisneros in at LF for now, but he will be great in either corner and even passable in CF. Wallin is a liability, but he is a Swede and has elite error and arm ratings which make him passable despite the lower range. Not sure if LF or RF is the better place to hide him.

I'm excited for Nunez since i just drafted him. He is fragile and was performing well in AA, so i figured if you are going to get injured it might as well be in the WBL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That utility guy could play every position on the field at an elite level, short of 3B and C
Yeah I have spent time training him at all these positions. He basically only had CF coming out of college. He has seemed to pick all of them up very quickly which is interesting. He's put in less than 100 games at each position sans CF. He became elite at 2B in like 20 games.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
His FIP is over 5, which tells me even if his BABIP comes back to earth he’s still not pitching well. But good catch. I’ll give him another sim or two suppose.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I like Ahlstad a lot. He seems to have more power than his ratings suggest. He is getting his chance because Leonard got hurt and Segard seems to be an underperformer so far. Ahlstad will probably stick because he can play so many positions. Segard is just as good in CF and Leonard has been a solid 2 WAR WBL player thus far, so we will see how it all pans out. Good to have options though.

I'm slotting Cisneros in at LF for now, but he will be great in either corner and even passable in CF. Wallin is a liability, but he is a Swede and has elite error and arm ratings which make him passable despite the lower range. Not sure if LF or RF is the better place to hide him.

I'm excited for Nunez since i just drafted him. He is fragile and was performing well in AA, so i figured if you are going to get injured it might as well be in the WBL.
SSS, but it doesn’t seem like Cisneros is ready. It was probably early to bring him up, but his stats had been solid. Ahlstad is also not hitting well, but I didn’t expect much with the bat. Wailin had been killin it, but he just got a 6 week injury. Not sure if I should/can send down Cisneros now. Nunez is doing just fine.

Wolfman21

Yong, miller and alfaro carrying the offense? Els coming alive? Burinca pitching well in his first two starts against playoff teams? Karabekir leading all rookie starters in K/BB? My top prospects all playing well in the minors? Still in 4th place?

giphy.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
SSS, but it doesn’t seem like Cisneros is ready. It was probably early to bring him up, but his stats had been solid. Ahlstad is also not hitting well, but I didn’t expect much with the bat. Wailin had been killin it, but he just got a 6 week injury. Not sure if I should/can send down Cisneros now. Nunez is doing just fine.

I pulled up Eyre last year and it looks like it was too early. But he’s the best CF glove solution..

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just used a couple of weeks to go extreme experimental, due to losing my two best pitchers and found out that experiments are BAD.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ok. So after experimenting, an extremely positive outcome has happened. Faysal Bin Isra'il is the starting pitcher @Yankee151 said he was before the 2081 draft. I switched him there out of desperation and he's much happier, putting up good numbers against decent teams. He's also popular with the fans (which might have been another indicator of his SP potential).

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My schedule has now opened up since I steadied the ship after injuries and had a continuous run against the hardest teams in the WBL. Still managed to go 6-4 in the last 10 and split series with LV and ND. Paris should now go on to crush all the pathetic opposition over the next few weeks with maybe the exception of Dublin.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
My schedule has now opened up since I steadied the ship after injuries and had a continuous run against the hardest teams in the WBL. Still managed to go 6-4 in the last 10 and split series with LV and ND. Paris should now go on to crush all the pathetic opposition over the next few weeks with maybe the exception of Dublin.

Nope. The rubberband snaps and you start shitting the bed.