• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It's 2084

Wolfman21

man, I got worried about picking Abdul-Hasib bin Wakil 1st overall my first season back after his potential ratings dropped in his first offseason...but damn has he come roaring back to life. I'm looking at a 65/60/65 pitcher with a 65/60/60/60/60 bat...…..hopefully he'll be a healthy, better, Shohei ohtani

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Crazy how Basil signed.... I had an offer out. Twia too.

Twia is a STEAL. Durable, 22, looks like he's going ot be an ELITE RP. Only problem is low leader.

doh

It was kinda a weird off-season. Twia kinda came out of no where. Indy FA.

Intl Pro FA had 3-4 good RPs although for some reason that almost always produces very good RP.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m curious how FUN this setup would be:

-cranking up talent development variances similar to MLB quick starts
-move to OOTP 21 for new scouting system
-full or limited staff

The amount of players busting and having limited scouting visibility is really fun in my offline league

Unfortunately, you have to be really sure absolutely no one will peak behind the Editor tab or the accusations on Os would get dialed up to 1000. IMO You would need a dedicated commissioner that doesn’t have a team

Wolfman21

love the Buffalo 2nd baseman getting into a fight with his father in law in the offseason...that relationship is going places

doh

@TonyGin&Juice just going OFF in FA this year.

That Noriega contract

giphy.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Manuel Noriega? I thought Reagan had him killed.

EDIT: I just looked at the deal. Ho. Lee. Fuck.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@TonyGin&Juice just going OFF in FA this year.

That Noriega contract

giphy.gif
I had about $80M to spend this offseason and had the choices of wasting the money on some BUM in FA or taking on another terrible contract. The best part is Noriega gonna get PAID to play 1B for all four of them years. Still, this isn’t even in the top 10 of bad contracts I’ve handed out in this league.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Actually pretty hype about Guillermo Macias. Can't tell if I did him wrong by keeping him in AA or if he was happy to stay home in Argentina and developed even better because of it.

doh

This league is boring. There’s not enough ways to get players and player movement in general.
Don't agree league in boring: but player movement sucks. I think eliminating 2 teams would help bring a jolt if we put everyone with ML contracts on waivers and all prospects 1 round draft THEN FA's.

I think also we could do things like make people MLFAs after 4 years vs. I think it's 6 especially since we don't do a Rule 5. It'd force teams to put guys on 40-mans quicker. I've never had a 40-man decision in this league.

I'd be cool too with minor league rosters capped at 30-32. Players leaving the world quicker (there are guys who just chill in the game for years doing nothing). I don't know if that is possible though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hard caps on minors are too hard for Os because it stops sims, but the other options are doable

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The only thing that will change player movement is active owners.

And there aren't enough 'win now' owners. JD was amazing a few seasons ago when he was trading everything to win. Doh is also very good like this. I don't have the confidence and others play it safe a lot. Don't know how you can force that attitude more?

doh

And there aren't enough 'win now' owners. JD was amazing a few seasons ago when he was trading everything to win. Doh is also very good like this. I don't have the confidence and others play it safe a lot. Don't know how you can force that attitude more?
This is the #1 problem. Really good players just languish in FA because teams don't want to win.

I agree @Orlando not enough active owners too.

I think my changes will add some interest and things will make sense more.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

i tried to move a veteran pitcher in the last year of his contract who had an ERA below 3. None of you fuckers came to me with a trade offer.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m for everything doh stated. Rule 5 would work.

I’m really concerned about the talent levels of the feeder. Support informally (Discord) confirmed to me that they thought our lack of pitching could be league evolution, but that doesn’t make it stink less. It would be better if ratings were on a curve and league stats were inflated not ratings and supply.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This is the #1 problem. Really good players just languish in FA because teams don't want to win.

I agree @Orlando not enough active owners too.

I think my changes will add some interest and things will make sense more.
All this only works with active owners. Players sit in FA because owners aren’t active. Players don’t get traded because owners aren’t active.