• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It's 2084

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There's like 3 pitchers in FA each off season. Position players languish in FA, and especially trog bats. Our talent balance is way off.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I’m for everything doh stated. Rule 5 would work.

I’m really concerned about the talent levels of the feeder. Support informally (Discord) confirmed to me that they thought our lack of pitching could be league evolution, but that doesn’t make it stink less. It would be better if ratings were on a curve and league stats were inflated not ratings and supply.
Can we kill the feeder leagues and just do random generated drafts again? I agree with Rad: the pitching talent in the league is absolutely horrific. It's also aging very quickly.

I just did last year stats all players and top 16 pitchers (the ones that show up on the front screen) by WAR age wise:
25 and under: 0
26-29: 8
30-32: 3
33+: 7

One more point and this is just personal team experience: I've had 2 top 10 picks in the draft who both got destroyed by injuries. Seems like pitching injuries in the minors are crippling in this newish injury system.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I mean Yankee saw it coming, but he used it to personal advantage. :laughing:

I agree with pitching injuries. Yes, it is normal that injuries will kill some pitchers. But, this seems to happen in our league more than other leagues, which is weird because we have injuries turned down. Maybe it is just perception because we have so little talent.

In my MLB sim, I had Matt Manning, Casey Mize, and Asa Lacy all have devastating arm injuries within a year. Manning and Lacy both had second arm injuries also. Lacy was the only one who busted and didn't develop.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Can we kill the feeder leagues and just do random generated drafts again?

With OOTP 21 I would be in favor of doing this. If anyone is against it, please look into the new OOTP 21 draft features. You still get 4 years of draft classes and we're going to have to scout players in advance.

I guess we would be losing out on box scores and head to head stats and that's it?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Talent seems fine to me. Maybe the olds sticking around too long is throwing it off a bit.

doh

I think the olds are sticking around and getting PAID because there are virtually no young guys who are successful. The league's pitching is just so old and if you look at the prospect list 7 of the top 8 prospects are position players.

I guess we are in a trend of hitting... but it seems like we've been in one for a long time and the pitching reinforcements keep on getting hurt.

Wolfman21

eh, the trends last a while....before this trend there was an 11 season "trend" where the highest league ERA for the season was 4.08, and the TL didn't get over a 4 ERA that entire time. Averages were way down, in the .240's and .250's as well. I'm looking at the mid 2060s to the mid 2070s. From the 50s into the 60s, we had numbers similar to what we're seeing right now with ERA's in the mid 4's and averages in the upper .260's and .270s.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It’s just dumb if a hitting trend is manifested by zero decent pitchers being developed. Baseball eras mostly involve power waxing and waning. The current state of MLB is due to: launch angle (+power), teams focusing on strikeouts across the league and biomechanics increasing velocity (+Stuff, -movement), juiced balls (+power, -movement). So it’s a league where many of the best pitchers get tons of Ks but give up bolts when hitters connect. Our league is a league where all the pitchers decided to play high school football instead.

The result of league evolution should be individual rating qualities or multiple ratings becoming more or less common to bring interesting twists to a league and see how we adjust our roster and managerial strategies.

doh

You had the word "BREAK" and MLB is currently in a break.

WELCOME BACK CORCH OU

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Complements the classic Dohyperbole

7922S3U.jpg

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@doh

The positional top prospects are almost all max offer IFAs. I will list them so @Orlando doesn't say I'm being hyperbolic:

1. Zang - Max Offer IFA Seoul
2. Montanez - Max Offer IFA False Bay
3. Quinonez - Max Offer IFA Buffalo

4. Rea - Drafted 1-3
5. Moreno - Max Offer IFA Moscow
6. bin Wakil - Drafted 1-1
7. Wormington - Max Offer IFA Dublin
8. Hardy - Max Offer IFA Kabul
9. Hernandez - Max Offer IFA Sol
10. Poisson -- Max Offer IFA Seoul

But interesting that of the top 10 pitching prospects, 7 were drafted and 3 were international discoveries fed right into organizations. Zero IFAs.

So our feeders aren't producing great pitching, but still most of the pitching at our disposal. The biggest source of talent elite talent is the IFA pool, which is disproportionately providing great hitters.

doh

The IFA pitching pools have been awful.

I know the Top Prospects List isn't perfect but IIRC only 2 of the top 10 are pitchers and they aren't even that hot looking.

doh

The fact that all player sources are not producing elite pitching makes me think we are just in a talent cycle.
I think feeder league (specifically pitcher injuries AND putting miles on them IP wise) has a huge effect too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m not convinced that is true. We’ve been running feeders for far to long.

Wolfman21

definite hitting cycle. Go look at the history page. A quick perusal of the numbers shows that the cycle we're in now is nothing new.

Though i'm fine with moving to 21...i need a reason to buy it

doh

definite hitting cycle. Go look at the history page. A quick perusal of the numbers shows that the cycle we're in now is nothing new.
There are more factors than just throw your hands up and say "we are in a hitting cycle"

The injuries to pitchers in general when they're developing has been devastating from a pool that already isn't that good.

doh

We haven't had a top 82 hitting WAR season since 2080.

Outside of YAZ we've had 1 top 50 OPS year since 2079.

This is not a hitting cycle.