• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Kabul Bulls

Wolfman21

Immersion.

Homepage

Tehran, Iran - Wolfman21 becomes the latest Manager for a Terrorists squad that has yet to make it to the playoffs since the WBL's inception in 2033. Seven years of futility which will soon hopefully be coming to an end as Wolf Man takes over the reigns.

"Reely, this organization needs to be blown up. And by that, I mean there needs to be some new blood inserted from the bottom to the top. I plan on instilling a sense of power in this organization that would take a Jihad to overthrow."

Those were Wolf Man's only words spoken at his news conference before he pulled out an AK-47 and shot a smily face into the ceiling just above his podium. He then walked out of the door and has not been heard from again.

We do know that he is alive though as in his first 3 weeks as manager, he has made a few moves in the system. The biggest of which has been bringing up some young guns from the minor leagues as the roster expanded in September. Three names to remember in the future are:

1B - Yoshino Kichida - Has shown great power in his little time. Looks like he can be a consistent threat in the middle of the lineup.
RF - Miguel Chavez - IMMENSE potential. Just has to realize it. Hope I didn't bring him up too early.
P - Amir Leduc

Those three are quite possibly the three top prospects in the Terrorist organization and are getting valuable experience in the WBL as the season winds to a close. There is now only 1 week remaining in the 2040 season and the Terrorists find themselves in 5th place in the South League with a record of 67-88.

Expect more information to be coming soon as this blunder of a season wraps up and the real work begins to build this team into a contender!

Last edited:

Wolfman21

The final week of the season was an eventful one for the Tehran Terrorists. A 4-3 week allows the Terrorists to finish the season with a 71-91 record...good enough for 5th in the South League. The also end the season ranked 12th in the Power Rankings just 3 points out of 11th and 7 points out of 9th.

The big news, however, was the brawl on September 26th that left starting 2B Hugh Nelson suspended for 6 games. Buffalo Murricans P Micah Borrett had just given up a homerun to make it 6-3 when Nelson stepped to the plate. Not happy with what had just transpired, he threw inside to Nelson, making him sprawl to get out of the way. After a 5 second stare down from Nelson, he returned to the batters box. On the very next pitch, Borrett plunked Nelson in the middle of the back, infuriating Nelson to the point that he charged the mound. Moments later both benches had cleared and you could see the bullpens charging in from the outfields. Cooler heads would prevail, however the WBL would send out a memo suspending both players for 6 games...effectively ending their seasons with only 4 games remaining.

Sadly the Terrorists season was not good enough to get them into the playoffs, however you stick with us Terrorist fans. We'll make our playoff debut soon enough. I guarantee it!

Wolfman21

Some early offseason news has begun to sprinkle out of Tehran. Without the need to focus on the 2040 Playoffs, the organization has begun to make some moves with regards to personnel.

The first move has landed AAA C Terry Evans a 3 Year 10 Million dollar deal. The Terrorists felt that this was a good move as Starting C Philip Ort owns a $17 Million team option for the 2041 season. In an effort to re-build, the Terrorists are trying to downsize on the large contracts which means Ort's option will more than likely not be picked up. That would leave C Brian Lind, who has an Arbitration season and is making $4.2 million...and C Reda Bin Abbud on the starting roster. Lind will not be offered arbitration or will be traded as he is not as good as Bin Abbud or Evans and will be making alot more money.

Evans has shown a propensity for power and average at the AAA level for three straight years hitting owning a .300/400/500+ line over that time period. It is time for him to make the step up. At the moment, the plan is for Evans to start the year at Catcher for the Terrorists. If, for some reason, Lind sticks around on the squad...I will keep him up in the majors and Bin Abbud will start the year in AAA.

Wolfman21

Arbitration Hearings for 2040/2041 Offseason:

[xtable=skin1|588x377]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Position{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Current ${/td}
{td}Team Offers{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cormick Kynman{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$2,000,000{/td}
{td}$2,200,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ilia Puzikov{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}$1,800,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sergio Tovar{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$1,500,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Trevor Smith{/td}
{td}MR{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$750,000{/td}
{td}$850,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jacob Verberne{/td}
{td}MR{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$1,800,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Artac Sihabeddin{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$4,800,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Brian Lind{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$4,200,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Liu-liang Chao{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}$6,875,000{/td}
{td}$8,000,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cody Sarkies{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$1,300,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|583x272]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Position{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Current ${/td}
{td}Team Offers{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kuemon Kiyomizu{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}$1,100,000{/td}
{td}$1,100,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Steve Paul{/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$2,800,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alfonso Avila{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$700,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hildebrand Wolff{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$1,500,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Abdul-Mu'izz Tawfiq{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$3,600,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Zuhayr Abbudin{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$4,400,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Matt Weaver{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$600,000{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
As you can see there are a few players I am choosing not to offer anything to. Here are my reasons for each player:

SP Puzikov - I have some young guns coming up that are much cheaper and better.
RP Sihabeddin - Wants like 8+ million. No way i'm giving that to a relief pitcher. Hes got some decent stats...but I think I can find similar for cheaper in FA.
C Lind - Already signed AAA stud Terry Evans to 3 year contract and young gun Bin Abbud will be the backup. No need for Lind's 4+ million dollar contract.
2B Sarkies - AAA material making 1.5 mil? Get outta here
LF Wolff - AAA material making 1.5 mil? Get outta here
CF Tawfiq - Just not good enough to make 4+ million.
RF Abbudin - Tremendous power...but im not gonna pay 5+ million to an outfielder who can't field and only bats .230.

My next post will be once arbitration has been completed and I get the responses. I will update with what happens.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
What did you want to change your name to again? Gonna do logos this week.

Wolfman21

Kabul Bulls. Last time I tried to pick out a logo, it went tits up. So i'll let you find one that you can work a style around.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
images

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The first move has landed AAA C Terry Evans a 3 Year 10 Million dollar deal. .
Some info: if you would've put him on your 40-man roster you would've gotten him for 490k each of the next three years. Guys who are in the minors who show up as FAs aren't FAs if they are put onto the 40-man. Just some advice for the future.

doh

I also think @OU11 could fix the contract. It was a starters mistake and it's unfair if you have to pay an extra $3m a season because you didn't know the rules. I think it'd be fair.

Wolfman21

Its fine if he doesn't. I should have known that if a player hasn't been in the majors yet that he hasn't started his clock.

Question for you though...at the moment, my 40 man roster is full so I couldn't put him on there.

Should I have:

A. Designated someone for assignment that I wasn't going to renew and then placed him on there?
B. Outright waved someone that I wasn't going to renew?

I'm not sure which avenue would have been correct there.

Wolfman21

Ah, ok. Yeah, see, i thought about that...but I wasn't sure if I would be docked some money for releasing them or not. Now that I know that...good stuff

doh

I like to DFA and very rarely straight release because if they clear waivers then I get to keep them in my minor league system. Sometimes a guy gets picked up like Theile was by @Lloyd Carr but most of the time people in this league let players go. I don't know if a lot of peopel even check waivers a lot.

Wolfman21

I like to DFA and very rarely straight release because if they clear waivers then I get to keep them in my minor league system. Sometimes a guy gets picked up like Theile was by @Lloyd Carr but most of the time people in this league let players go. I don't know if a lot of peopel even check waivers a lot.

Yeah. thats what I should have done. Oh well...its fine. Its not like a dropped a humongous amount of coin on him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I check waivers all the time, but there are also guys I don't want earning money from me anymore and just release them :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Ah, ok. Yeah, see, i thought about that...but I wasn't sure if I would be docked some money for releasing them or not. Now that I know that...good stuff
When you release a player it just tell you that you pay whatever is left on their contract.

doh

I check waivers all the time, but there are also guys I don't want earning money from me anymore and just release them :laughing:
And one good thing about that is it increases budget room for next year if you wanna extend someone

Wolfman21

Arbitration Hearings for 2040/2041 Offseason:

[xtable=skin1|588x377]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Position{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Current ${/td}
{td}Team Offers{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cormick Kynman{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$2,000,000{/td}
{td}$2,200,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ilia Puzikov{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}$1,800,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sergio Tovar{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$1,500,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Trevor Smith{/td}
{td}MR{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$750,000{/td}
{td}$850,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jacob Verberne{/td}
{td}MR{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$1,800,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Artac Sihabeddin{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$4,800,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Brian Lind{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$4,200,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Liu-liang Chao{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}$6,875,000{/td}
{td}$8,000,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cody Sarkies{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$1,300,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|583x272]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Position{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Current ${/td}
{td}Team Offers{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kuemon Kiyomizu{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}$1,100,000{/td}
{td}$1,100,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Steve Paul{/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$2,800,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alfonso Avila{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$700,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hildebrand Wolff{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$1,500,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Abdul-Mu'izz Tawfiq{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}$3,600,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Zuhayr Abbudin{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}$4,400,000{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Matt Weaver{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}$490,000{/td}
{td}$600,000{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
As you can see there are a few players I am choosing not to offer anything to. Here are my reasons for each player:

SP Puzikov - I have some young guns coming up that are much cheaper and better.
RP Sihabeddin - Wants like 8+ million. No way i'm giving that to a relief pitcher. Hes got some decent stats...but I think I can find similar for cheaper in FA.
C Lind - Already signed AAA stud Terry Evans to 3 year contract and young gun Bin Abbud will be the backup. No need for Lind's 4+ million dollar contract.
2B Sarkies - AAA material making 1.5 mil? Get outta here
LF Wolff - AAA material making 1.5 mil? Get outta here
CF Tawfiq - Just not good enough to make 4+ million.
RF Abbudin - Tremendous power...but im not gonna pay 5+ million to an outfielder who can't field and only bats .230.

My next post will be once arbitration has been completed and I get the responses. I will update with what happens.

So heres what happened:

SP Kynman - Won Arbitration...Received 3.25 Million (1.05 M higher than Team Offer)
SP Tovar - Accepted 1.5 Million Team Offer
RP Smith - Accepted 850K Team Offer
RP Verberne - Accepted 1.8 Million Team Offer
1B/DH Chao - Won Arbitration...Received 10 Million (2 M higher than Team Offer)
3B Kiyomizu - Accepted 1.1 Million Team Offer (Same contract amount as last year)
SS Paul - Accepted 2.8 Million Team Offer
RF Avila - "Won" Arbitration...Received 735K (35K more than Team Offer)
RF/1B Weaver - Won Arbitration...Received 735K (135K more than Team Offer)

Wolfman21

Pleased with the team at the moment. Once we get through free agency and towards the start of Spring Training, I'll do an overview of the team and projected lineups, rotations, etc. Even with my low player payroll at the moment (sitting at 62.3 Million), I don't feel as though I'm gonna be a huge player in free agency. I'm in rebuild mode right now, so I may be a bit more of a player in IFA with prospects. If I could find one spot to improve it may be a stud SP or some relief help and then some folks to fill spots in the Minor Leagues. Multiple years in a row of losing money needs to come to an end.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Spend in IFA if you got it. You cant take that money with you next year and its a good place to rebuild.

Also, you said you may give up on some guys and have a really low payroll next year. Try to trade them off this year at the deadline. Some return is better than nothing.

Wolfman21

Yeah. My projected balance at the moment is 49.5 Million...lol

I've got a question. On THIS page it states that my current balance is around $11 Million and my projected balance is 49.5 Million. How did they come to those numbers?

I understand my cash amount is my ending balance last year together with the revenue sharing amount I received. However, the current balance and the projected balance totally dumbfound me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Current balance is your current revenue to date minus current expenses to date. Current revenue is $50m in TV money and your expenses thus far are about $29 million. You also have negative $9+ million in cash. So all that equals out to about $50m-$39m for an $11m balance.

Your cash is negative because I assume you went over budget? I didnt think it went negative though.

EDIT: Actually yeah, Cash=Balance from the year before+Revenue Sharing+cash from trades, so thats why you were negative. You finished last season $10m in the red.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Ok, what is the 29 million in expenses coming from?

Sorry, i'm just trying to understand this and I don't have the sim in front of me right now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Guess I did it wrong. Should have just raped my budget knowing you'd save me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Guess I did it wrong. Should have just raped my budget knowing you'd save me.

Computer teams had -$50M on some of them. It completely screws up the budgets. Since he just took them over I put him back to 0 because the computer screwed him over.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Fair enough. I guess that's the downside of the 30 year sim?
It's the downside of letting the AI control it for more than 2 years. Everyone started with 10M and they went that far down since our opening year

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yankee is AI? That explains a lot.

Edit: plus you giving them $10M when we started doesn't nessasarily fix they finances they broke over 30 years.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh shit, I just meant the AI teams. I should have said guy if the others are good. I'm just tired of his lack of fiscal responsibility, but if the owners don't put money back in I'll have to do something. I'd do it only if they made money though, like if they make $20M and the owner takes it all I'd put 5M towards cash or something

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You were not positive last year.

You get $10m cash if you make $10m+ in profit. Doesn't matter what your budget is your revenue needs to be higher than expenses.

sorry about cluttering this thread.

Yankee you ran a near $30m loss last season and got $7m+ in revenue sharing to start this year. That equals your -$22m+ in cash.

Last edited: