• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Kabul Bulls

Wolfman21

F2kYJXH-WcLDd00Y3psd5TpAqUYT6YGkgU1PmG378ZLu72XKpdhZl45WpV3fqYJhQ_QO07OSSAvwC_V1jxMgiqWfgbkqo3R_rMb3FyOF_7A8S7YzaFn4j0m_UeJDvd6Ot4Q4vNvPvZItA1o_CxzqMqU_67EOU-iE5HH-QN97Dzl7wclK0xZshljgukW_7QUnpxWUuzoR2V_30GAjX_hCcZsvxXJo9wA-Gv6EDcMEJdSnZ5X6fVAqj2oSrjJkAgm_ywotoLhicQFH91wUs0Gp5DGy4fzL8EsECCPssiV4eSoaGsqk0HJSkfXLfHA6bwHiUCQ2vqBL-cr1GH61DzgpK-raPk0-RN2R7M0YcfCT0EDa7EZvDQvRfp3zi4XU7rSPXTXM7r_Ulwa6fAKLax65jLoyPFecE7LpEuar7iR8r1caCtv-1Lw8EiVRUTwFkt8ydXS1e8QSs-Pbbjco_RFGKb2aIdUsl87gboIlUjHk-nEVn80wFnwEKLs9k1N6rNnt9glL7XaWJqXU4IjIu1M4jRLrvNNTiS7KJVnbr8GGf6YdiF9oSnYiijGDMgtTeEK6ICJ_NgiKC2F8ha2cpwQK7x6dpDK0_80=w1198-h768-no

etocLGPD_5JNm1YxJ1nrhRQnXxicgEXMq_i9w1268SXTlMzJGym6L77dsNKTqpQJ8ODrczn-TK8qf7nZBeBsz8kX0v7vmtpE9qkTJ5YsDjUUzON7mWX-P1Qg3jUlfNma59zJt2ElHwkBEPv_cUOsxHDhCymSQ_CIOXn5byHb9b-Y28-dagGbOGEYBP2LopvSsOGQ7Qv2wEJ688ICGa0CqKXdL67NUSL8GxGBh6-03mdDq89rJ1XiD30uDKgEobeyXkCOs889y3t1-jLv_1ZdsuRAvnCA5wU4MH-ycoL2MiJW_bqB2bFuSX5R1ZZ2BJzWqTBoW2q_KoPK1HPVvgWBlHdFdyK31RcfV1Uk5NRlnZcyLpOS_OKu2hpxouflD0uaAhxn4BTrmJbC5tJ39CcW4lKqkUWqhojUjOSEGm8OYuCZDZGO5_W9jUD2SXS_FV45Al-fLrdp7p6nHWFDjddd0RV8soMGdRGWZb-4a3TR7SM-whRIPfj0JrSmZWUl0qubiZPlcWRLD1xckxjmXxz6JDQCEf4gyDzloYrLQpGRFRV5HaPFmrrEJzoYjdXD2FfhwnHgTcisyMqrtAAvhhRdWZSphlWniRc=w1881-h190-no

Lineup

C - Dobbe Pals - Starter two seasons ago took a backseat to learn from Armando Barella last season. Since Pals is my future at C, i've decided to put him back at starter and let Barella be my defensive backup C this season.
1B - Octavio Canilliac - Octavio set the Kabul single season RBI record last season with 136. Dude doesn't walk much but only strikes out once every 4 games or so. Great middle lineup bat.
2B - Jesus Andres - Shawn Stone was admirable at this position last season. Stone is able to play all 3 positions however and Andres' defense is a bit better at 2B. Offensively they have similar games.
3B - Lucio "Tangles" Escamilla - Waiting for him to make the jump. .250/.310/.480 slash line is "ok", but doesn't match up with his ratings.
SS - Bernard Brault - Great defensively. Had an outstanding offensive season last year for him. Hoping for more of that but expect him to return. Andres will probably take over at SS in 2059 with Stone back starting at 2B.
LF - Jari "Booker" Kievit - Defense ratings don't look pretty but they produce only SLIGHTLY below average results. His bat is worth the slight drop in LF.
CF - Piet Veuger - Biggest shakeup in my lineup from last season. With Booker being a bit of a liability in LF and Alvarado's range dropping, i wanted a stud in CF. I've got one. Hoping for some overachieving with the bat.
RF - Felix Alvarado - Injuries have hampered his career to this point. Hoping a move to RF will extend his longevity.

Bench Bats

C - Amando Barella - A starting level catcher on my bench. I'll take that. Will still play a good bit to give Pals some rest to extend his career hopefully.
2B/SS - Shawn Stone - Started last season and hit ~20 homers. Solid bat but i want to give Andres a chance. Stone will play a good bit at 2B and SS.
3B - Kim Hu Luong - Will play some at 3B and 1B against RHP.
OF - Toby Eissens - Can get on base against RHP. Good legs on basepaths.
OF - Kevin "Spoon" McGuire - Good defensively. Great contact/avoid k bat. Will give Kievit and Alvarado lots of rest throughout season.

Rotation

SP - Jude Brayley - Four really solid pitches. Should be the stable rock of my rotation.
SP - Luis Corona - Never expected him to really be a factor but he kind of flourished overnight. Great movement, some control issues. Pitched realllly well last season. Injury derailed it a little late in the season.
SP - Ernesto Ramos - ERA under 3.00 and a whip at 1.05 in his first 35 starts. Injured last season...hopefully he can bounce back. Amazing fastball...good splitter and cutter.
SP - Daniel Salmon - Dude earned the starting job by performing like a stud in his 11 starts last season. Has been an extremely solid professional pitcher since he was brought up.
SP - Nicholas Pye - Lone lefthander on my staff. Wrecked as hell and control falling apart but i hold onto hope that he can still be good.

Bullpen

RP - Luis Espinoza - Performed admirably as a starter late last season. Kept his spot in the pen for that reason alone.
RP - Vincent Lyons - One of my many young dynamic arms in the pen.
RP - Roman Pereira - If dude had better control, i'd make him a starter. I can't put a guy with 40 control as a starter though. We'll see.
RP - Breno "Racetrack" Navio - Pitched well out of the pen for me last year. Kept him around for a veteran presence in the pen.
RP - Christof "Viper" Utpadel - Another guy who could be starting. He didn't perform that well as a starter in the minors.
CL - Frazer Wenden - Was injured in the playoffs in 2056. Missed almost all of last season. Still a great arm.

I feel like this is a solid team that should make the playoffs with no issues. The WBL/OOTP may have different plans though. We shall see.

Wolfman21

Well, I'm at work....theres not much going on and I'm waiting on babby who is 5 days late, so.......I'm gonna do a recap of ~the first half of the season so far and where the Bulls are at organizationally

Wolfman21

Bulls as of 06/20/2067

Rotation

1. RHP Tony "Stilts" Silva - 13 GS, 4-4, 2.53 ERA, 77/15 K/BB ratio - Silva has returned to his mid 20's form in his year 31 season. He has only allowed 1 run over his last 31 innings pitched.
  2. LHP Bernardo Ortiz - 14 GS, 6-4, 2.87 ERA, 101/21 K/BB ratio - Bernardo really came on at the end of last season out of the pen and has been remarkable in his first year as starter.
  3. RHP Pepe "Iceman" Reyes - 13 GS, 5-4, 3.42 ERA, 71/20 K/BB ratio - Pepe was signed in the offseason once Tony Bazley's ratings dropped. I needed a legit starter with newcomers and Lousa's injury issues. He has performed.
  4. LHP Jose Carlos Linares - 13 GS, 8-4, 3.67 ERA, 71/21 K/BB ratio - Unlike Ortiz, this is Jose's first action in the WBL, so he is a true rookie. He has performed extremely well and will only get better. My future #1/#2 starter with Ortiz.
  5. RHP Vincente Lousa - 13 GS, 8-3, 3.31 ERA, 58/23 K/BB Ratio - Lousa Magic dealt with injury issues last season and lost his "magic" in the playoffs that he dominated in his first two seasons. He has perfected the ability to win ugly.
Bullpen

1. RHP Alex Abbott - 32.2 IP, 3.31 ERA, 2-0 and 1 SV - Offseason signing to fill out my pen. Posting a career best season for the former Lisbon product. He has been decent.
  2. LHP Tony Bazley - 30 IP, 1.50 ERA, 6-0 - Ratings took a dip over the offseason, but moving him to the pen has been a revelation for him. Stats aren't exactly pretty, but he has been very effective.
  3. RHP Mirko Rosenfeld - 58 IP, 1.86 ERA, 1-1 and 1 SV - Got him off of Halifax for a 2nd or 3rd round pick 4 seasons ago. He has been the most consistent/best arm in my pen since then.
  4. RHP Ze-min Yip - 27 IP, 4.67 ERA, 1-1 and 1 SV - High control/low stuff pitcher. More of an innings eater in blowouts. Solid for what I ask him to do.
  5. RHP Jean-Paul "Fungo" Roques - 1.2 IP, 5.40 ERA - Future stud reliever who I thought would pitch a lot more than he has. No idea why he isn't getting innings. But I am going to change his settings or drop him to AAA so hes not wasting a year.
  6. RHP Alberto "Tuna" Avalos - 37.1 IP, 2.17 ERA, 2-3, 23 SV - Sans a bad 3 game stretch at first of June where he gave up 7 of his 9 runs on the season and lost all 3 of his games, Avalos has been lights out.

Catchers

1. C Rafael "Hit Squad" Contreras - .216/.251/.323, 2 HR, 10 Doubles, 14 RBI - One of the bigger disappointments of the season so far. His potential ratings would have him as one of the best catchers in the game, yet he hasn't reached those ratings yet. At only 24, he still has time and this is his first season as a starter.
  2. C Luis Tovar - .237/.298/.329, 2 HR, 8 RBI - 5th round pick in 2065 draft. Good value pick. Still not good. I haven't gotten much production out of my catchers at all.

Infielders

1. 1B Masaaki Endo - .241/.279/.336, 3 HR, 14 Doubles, 20 RBI - First Round pick in 2065. His ratings are higher per my scout, but hes still not performing as well as I'd expect/hope he would. Especially at a prime power spot.
  2. 2B Wade Pimblett - .212/.269/.332, 4 HR, 11 Doubles, 3 Triples, 15 RBI - Another in a line of Bulls who are having really bad offensive years. Still almost 1 WAR won just because of defense.
  3. SS Kisabaka Ouma - .305/.356/.497, 5 HR, 15 Doubles, 3 Triples, 26 RBI - Somehow, the guy with the shittiest ratings is raking. Backup level player that has been starting for me and having a career year so far.
  4. 2B Ashley Foulkes - .210/.269/.290, 1 HR, 2 Doubles, 3 RBI - Cheap backup infielder option. Not performing well in his limited duties.
  5. 3B Julian Milman - .219/.263/.342, 2 HR, 1 Double, 1 Triple, 9 RBI - Another cheap backup infielder option. Putting up slightly positive WAR somehow. Starting at 3B vs Lefties.

Outfielders

1. CF Aldomiro Landeiro - .245/.326/.402, 7 HR, 5 Doubles, 3 Triples, 23 RBI - Perpetually injured DTD, when not injured, he performs well. Would be a 4 WAR winner year to year if not always fighting injury.
  2. LF Phil Cradock - .270/.313/.474, 7 HR, 6 Doubles, 2 Triples, 29 RBI - Really solid bat vs RHP. Not good vs LHP and bad defense equates to not many/any wars won.
  3. LF/3B Juan Flores - .303/.368/.466, 5 HR, 13 Doubles, 3 Triples, 30 RBI - Best offseason pickup! Starts in LF vs LHP and 3B vs RHP. Gotten much more out of him than I ever expected I would.
  4. OF Mason "Bert" Brett - .194/.341/.306 - Only been with the Bulls for 11 games. Will provide a great 4th outfielder when Zuydam returns from DL. Big time OBP guy.
  5. RF Kas Zuydam - .283/.327/.485, 9 HR, 13 Doubles, 26 RBI - Another corner outfielder that would prolly be better served at DH. Amazing bat vs RHP. On DL with injury right now.
Designated Hitter

1. DH Hansl Baur - .323/.368/.540, 8 HR, 15 Double, 25 RBI. Absolutely destroys RHP. Wish he played some sort of position.
  2. Jose "Voodoo" Villareal - .284/.344/.404, 2 HR, 11 Doubles, 10 RBI - Signed him to be my Vs LHP DH. Hes done well, but hitting better vs RHP than vs LHP.

We sit at 43-24 on the season and in 2nd Place in the SL. Will update my top prospects in next post.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. We're scheduled for induction tomorrow. Really don't want it to get to that
My wife's experience with induction was pretty awful. I think they let you go two weeks past here normally before they resort to that.

Wolfman21

My wife's experience with induction was pretty awful. I think they let you go two weeks past here normally before they resort to that.

She'll be 1 week past when they pull her in tomorrow/Saturday. Doc said she doesn't like going past 41 weeks much as that can open up further issues and every day past increases the chances of C-section and other issues. We're also battling Monday being a holiday as they only bring in emergencies on holidays. I think if we didn't get in this weekend, they wouldn't be able to get us in for like 2 more weeks...so....yeah

Wolfman21

damn...serious flashbacks seeing these posts about babby induction. Posts were on August 31st....we actually got called by the hospital that night saying our induction was moved from Sept 1st, a friday, to the 4th, Monday. Lo and behold my wifes water broke that Friday morning the 1st. 24 hours later, almost to the minute that she woke me up, babby was born. Now shes 2 years old and we're potty training. Life moves fast

Wolfman21

On a Bulls note, i'll be doing a season preview post in here once the roster comes together. I have 20+ contract offers of varying kinds out right now, so alot is gonna chance between now and the first game.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Good luck. When I took over LR the org was devoid of talent, but there weren't many, if any, crazy contracts on the books which gave me some room to then sign players to crazy contracts so having a fresh slate can be interesting in its own right

Wolfman21

yeah. I think there are only 2 players on the Kabul team making over 1 million this season...and neither of them are making over 1.9 million. lol. Even with the crappy budget from not winning games, i have over 80 million to hand out this season

Wolfman21

I realized today that the Bulls have the 1-1 in the 2081 draft and this will be my first time eve selecting 1-1. I did have 1-2 a couple times. So i did some looking at the college and HS players and who may be draft eligible come June...and I think I found my guy.

Wolfman21

2081lineup.png

2081pitchingstaff.png

Lineup

3B Jaime Jasperse - Solid bat, solid defense, cheap in FA with no suitors. Has put up 2+ WAR in just about every season hes played a full season...exactly the shortterm solution the Bulls need.
RF Jack Miller - #2 overall pick in the 2080 draft. His potential is already almost maxed out. Contact, power, speed...he can do it all. Very excited about the NC State product.
LF Mark Woodhead - A very solid bat in a terrible lineup the past few seasons for the Bulls. Excited to see what he can do with a little more talent surrounding him.
DH Jose Vargas - Power bat...may be in a battle with Steve Wickett for this position as their ratings are similar. Hit 21 homers last season.
1B Cheng-Hao Lu - Cum dump received from False Bay. Good defense, and can still run. Will strike out a ton and won't walk much...should provide some pop from the 5 hole.
2B Dermot Jillings - Dermot was obtained by the Bulls in the 60's for a draft pick. Hes gone on to be a 2 time all star and 4 time Gold Glover. Beginning his 2nd stint with the Bulls.
C Joren Bastiaanse - Another position I needed to upgrade talent wise to even be WBL level. Joren is like Jasperse...cheap, 1 year contract that should play at WBL level atleast.
CF Troy Coleman - Didn't perform overly well in his cup of coffee last season, but given a shot due to his ratings which show he should end up being pretty ok.
SS Jorge Rodriguez - Not the best range, but the rest of his defensive ratings are elite level. An ok bat as long as his defense continues to play.

Pitching Staff

SP Joel Ward - Captain of the team. Big time leader. Three elite pitches but zero movement on them.
SP Gonzalo Cuevas - Three solid pitches. Like Ward, not much movement. Also like Ward, solid Control.
SP Francisco Gallegos - Old hand man at 38. Has had numerous good WBL seasons in the pen. Really solid ratings and 75 stamina...should be an innings eater even at his age.
SP Ricardo Rodriguez - Good fastball/forkball. Good movement but lacks a little in control.
SP Jose Gonzalez/Kao-tsu Gao - Both have terrible personalities...one will make the rotation. Likely Gao as he has the better overall ratings.

Bullpen

I'm gonna be honest....this is the worst part of my team and not even really worth discussing. Its a bunch of old has beens or never was'.

I think the offense of this team has potential. I severely upgraded the bats over what was left behind with mostly one year deals. Miller is the only real difference maker and even he may not make a difference. Still...should be a solid starting 8 offensively and defensively. The pitching staff is pretty meh. I could see a couple of the guys having solid sub 4 ERA seasons, but nothing to get excited over. And my bullpen is just trash. Shooting for a 70 win season. Should net me another top 5 pick and we can start building up the farm.

Wolfman21

Yesss Jack Miller straight to WBL

I really couldn't see "not" putting him straight in. According to my scout hes 5 short of maxing his contact, power and eye. Everything else is fully maxed. And hes not a 45 trying to max to 50...hes a 60 trying to max to 65. If anyones ready, he is.

Honestly, he really reminds me of my first good draft pick when i first started in the WBL, Laoghaire Geeves. Both were drafted early and basically WBL ready. I had Geeves start in AAA for like half a season, but he was ready. Same deal here....im just gonna go ahead and start him in WBL.

Wolfman21

With the #1 overall pick in the 2081 WBL Draft....the Kabul Bulls select...Two Way Player Abdul-Hasib Bin Wakil.

Super excited about this player. Hes going to let me dive into the, new to me, use as a two way player option. Per OSA...hes a 55/60/65 potential pitcher with 65 fastball, 60 sinker and 55 slider potential. As a batter, his potential ratings sit at 65 contact, 65 Gap, 55 Power, 50 eye and 65 avoid k's. The interesting thing about Bin Wakil is that he is just a high school player at 18 years old...however his current ratings are already in the 40's and 45's which is extremely advanced for someone of that age. That makes me feel like he has a good shot at reaching those lofty potential ratings. My scout actually has his bat rated 5 potential points higher than OSA in a number of areas. If he were to reach that, he would be a hell of a corner OF to pair with Jack Miller in a couple seasons. I am excited to get him into my system

Wolfman21

Also, we traded Francisco Gallegos for a 3rd round pick from the Riggers today. Not a bad return for a guy I signed in the offseason to just be a throw in pitcher in our rotation. Hes had a good season though and we hope it continues to go well in North Dakota