• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Let's talk about Bish, babby

Void extension?

• Total voters

NML

Only realistic punishment here is to void the extension. Anything else is likely too complicated and the O's don't need more work. Doh had to pay his god awful salary and gave up some pieces, plus the indy dev gods already punished him with no playoffs.

Cast ur vote. If ur abstaining, plz let us know.

NML

I'm voting yes because the idea of trading things you don't have is cray. I felt the same way about "future cash" so I'm glad that's gone.

I think it sets a precedent to do ur research before making offers. If we set the standard that trading things you don't have results in a punishment, it won't happen.

Lloyd Carr

youll are ridiculous

travis can be mad because he wanted bish, but shit happens. The change in the trade deadline forced my hand to make a trade that night rather than wait a day or too. That's unfortunate for travis, but like I said, shit happens.

And the extension is perfectly legit. You ALL knew Bish was on the market and that you could extend him if you made the trade. This wasnt some surprise move doh made. It was the most obvious move my trade partner would have made, regardles of who said partner was. So to be outraged by the extension blows my mind. What the fuck did you think someone would do if they traded for bish?

Lloyd Carr

and vetoing should be against the rules, since youll clearly showed you cant be trusted with such a power based on the Nico/Robles veto

Lloyd Carr

How did the trade deadline change? Or did @Lloyd Carr just not pay enough attention?

No idea.

I hadnt downloaded the new sim the day of the deadline, so my game said Sept. 1st was the deadline. Then people said the deadline was that night, so I downloaded the new file and it had changed to like August 18th or whatever the day was.

It was set at Sept 1st the entire season, and then it changed somehow. No idea why.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
And obviously Travis isn't salty over doh making the trade and not him, it's that doh used assets which weren't his in the process. I'm sure all of us could've fielded competitive offers to you if we suddenly grabbed an extra two picks out of the sky. The issue then becomes that the 'best' offer wasn't a valid one. There should certainly be a response to this in some way, otherwise doh has access to one of if not the best pitcher in the league for much cheaper than market value for multiple years, all on a deal that should not have happened. Letting Bish go to FA and having all the teams bid for him is the fairest way to solve it as doh still has access to the player (or the money if Bish signs elsewhere) in the event he fields a competitive offer.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
No idea.

I hadnt downloaded the new sim the day of the deadline, so my game said Sept. 1st was the deadline. Then people said the deadline was that night, so I downloaded the new file and it had changed to like August 18th or whatever the day was.

It was set at Sept 1st the entire season, and then it changed somehow. No idea why.

Hmm, was anyone else surprised by the trade deadline? Just wondering.

Also, this is different from the Nico trade (that I don't really remember) because Doh included an asset in the deal that he did not have. Right? Is there any question about this? @doh ?

Lloyd Carr

Except, only one other person made me an offer for bish for the entirety of the season, and that was Orlando.

Orlando had a better offer if those picks werent there, but with the picks doh's offer was better. And the picks I got in replacement for the ones doh didnt have, are better than the ones doh originally offered that he didnt have. So I ended up with an even better deal than doh originally offered.

I can understand travis being salty that I made the trade before he could make me an offer, but like I said, the change in the deadline forced my hand. That's the way it goes sometimes. Then I can also understand him being even more salty because of doh's attitude about the whole thing.

But, I got the best offer from doh, regardless of whether he had the original picks or not. If he had them, it was better than Orlando's offer. If he didn't have them, the picks I got in replacement were even better. If youll had a better offer, you should have made it at some point in the preceding 4 months of the season.

travis inquired about bish and trading for him so he could extend him, but the deadline change fucked it up. I feel bad for that. So I can see him feeling cheated, and I get why he'd think doh is a cunt motherfucker based on his attitude. But that's the way it goes.

Schauwn

Orlando had a better offer if those picks werent there, but with the picks doh's offer was better.

But, I got the best offer from doh, regardless of whether he had the original picks or not. If he had them, it was better than Orlando's offer.

Hmmmm

NML

@Lloyd Carr

For me, at least, it doesn't have anything to do with who else was in the running for him (although I think that makes the case to veto it easier), but rather doh using assets he doesn't have.

Whether this happened on the trade deadline or spring training is irrelevant. You can't trade assets you don't have.

NML

I think you set a dangerous precedent if you let this slide. Eventually, someone will double trade firsts for some stud and extend him for a decade and later he'll realize he "forgot" he traded the pick already.

Lloyd Carr

doh's initial offer didnt include the picks. His initial offer wasnt as good as Orlando's offer. But once he added the picks, it sealed the deal.

And the added picks, whether they be the ones in the actual trade or the ones comped to me afterwards, made the deal better than Orlando's either way.

And you cant make the argument that without those picks from the original trade, I would have sent Bish to Orlando, because had doh not been a tard and knew he didnt have the picks, the argument is he would have put up the picks he comped to me instead. So his final offer would have involved picks I wanted either way, which would have still been better than Orlando's offer either way.

So at 11pm on the unexpected trade deadline, no matter which way you look at it, doh had the best offer out there. It sucks that travis wasnt able to throw an offer out there, but shit happens.

NML

Although I 100% think the only reason Travis is making this a big deal is because he was on the other side of it.

TRAVIS SALTY AF

Lloyd Carr

Additionally, doh was punished in that he ended up giving me better picks than what was in the actual trade.

So I ended up with a better deal based on doh's fuckup. Works for me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Also, this is different from the Nico trade (that I don't really remember) because Doh included an asset in the deal that he did not have. Right? Is there any question about this? @doh ?

I missed Lloyd's PM to me (since I requested a chance to best another offer after initially declining when Lloyd couldn't extend him) because I was unaware that the trade deadline was shifted up. That wasn't a big deal to me, Osick announced it the sim before so it was snooze/lose for me.

When I found out Doh used multiple picks he didn't own, including mine, as part of the trade offer it pissed me off because the trade was already voided once on the deadline because he tried to trade his HG player (for the 2nd time that season). Unfortunately, by the time it was figured out, voiding the trade really didn't make sense (especially since it was so complicated and other parties liked what they got as well). To me, that's just "honest mistake" territory and Doh gets a slight benefit, whatev, Doh didn't make the playoffs because of KARMA and he gave Lloyd better picks. That part I'm fine with.

Signing him to an extension, given all that happened above, is fucking bushleague. That's the problem I have. If it's an honest mistake, @doh should have played by gentleman's rules and let Bish go to free agency. Instead, he signed him (before he even officially straightened out what he was giving Lloyd in lieu of the fuck up) and then brags about it! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Changed my vote to no because I really just want to make Doh feel shame. If the contract for Bish gets voided then he'll adopt a persecution complex and be even more unbearable. He should keep bish as his BIGGEST BISH AWARD. Beating Wolfman for the award is tough, but I believe in you DOH!

Lloyd Carr

Let's do it this way.

I keep everything doh gave me, and we count that as my payment from doh towards the time he (doh) had bish in LV in 2056. Now we go and put bish up on the trade block, and youll all bid on him, and whoever has the best offer gets him under his extension contract, and I get whatever the best offer was.

sound good?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This is dumb. Picks get double traded from time to time. I'm not innocent, but I always correct it and claim fault. I think the the annoying parts were that doh manages the traded picks and then he acted like he did nothing wrong. If doh made things right with osick and Lloyd then I think it's fine. I had to pry it out of him that he did because he didn't publicly correct it and he acted like we were the assholes when he was the one who made the mistake. This is just doh doe. Cue line stepper.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I think you set a dangerous precedent if you let this slide. Eventually, someone will double trade firsts for some stud and extend him for a decade and later he'll realize he "forgot" he traded the pick already.
Fuck off.

You see how many times I posted in the trade picks thread "someone traded this pick already"? It happens quite often. Should we punish all of those teams too?

This is the most tired topic of all-time. Instead of a 3,4,4 -- Buffalo got a 2 and a 2. BTW one of those 2's (Orlando's) was double traded by Orlando.

doh

I agree with you doh. Just wish you weren't such an asshole about it haha.
Well I did the picks thread for 15-20 seasons trying to help out the league, fuck up once because I missed a trade and then all hell breaks loose. This thing happens very often... I'd say at least 2-3 times per draft.

I paid my punishment of losing two potentially valuable picks to Buffalo. Lloyd got a better deal. Case closed.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well I did the picks thread for 15-20 seasons trying to help out the league, fuck up once because I missed a trade and then all hell breaks loose. This thing happens very often... I'd say at least 2-3 times per draft.

I paid my punishment of losing two potentially valuable picks to Buffalo. Lloyd got a better deal. Case closed.
Like I said, I agree with you, but you are still being an asshole about it. You never said, "shit, my bad." It was always, "who cares about fourth rounders?"

doh

I don't even know what the Nico trade was but...

http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/index.php?threads/traded-picks-thread.714/page-5#post-175165

Not picking on you or JD but just pointing out I could find an example of everyone trading picks they don't have in that thread.

doh

Like I said, I agree with you, but you are still being an asshole about it. You never said, "shit, my bad." It was always, "who cares about fourth rounders?"
Because all of the people attacking me for this have done the same thing themselves :laughing:

If we void all the deals on double picks dealt we've got quite the tangled web to unweave.

jdlikewhoa

osick87

Community Liaison
Because all of the people attacking me for this have done the same thing themselves :laughing:

If we void all the deals on double picks dealt we've got quite the tangled web to unweave.

I'm fine with starting to do that from next season on.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I don't see why that matters. I'm tom bout you. You raged on everyone like you did nothing wrong and then Lloyd made it seem like you weren't even trying to fix it. You just had such an odd response to the whole thing.