• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden 17 same ole shit

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
They patched the patch that caused the catching bug

This Madden is a horrific shit show worse than anything we ever saw in NCAA

I actually have fun with the glitches, so I’m sad this one didn’t stick around for a while!

The volleyball mini game made it a lot easier to stop levels sail!

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Adventures in "Lynn Dickey's Limited Football 2020".

-This morning the game was finally on the playstation store. However, it said "Unavailable". You click "More info" it says "this is not available because you don't own "Lynn Dickey's Limited football 2020". Kind of a circular reference.
-FInally able to buy the game and download it this afternoon.
-Start out with a game playing as the "Seattle STATE Eagles" hosting the WYoming Bears
-Wyoming begins first drive running 12 times for 65 yards and setting up a FG to take a 3-0 lead.
-I get the ball...my playbook has no running plays. So I'm stuck passing all day.
-After punting, I stop the Bears and force them to punt. The punt goes into the endzone. The entire two teams go and scrum in the EZ for the ball. I get possession, at my own 1 yard line.
-I go on a 99 yard march and score a touchdown. My xp attempt is terriblly short and falls below the goal post. The Wyomings take over on their own 1 yard line. This game really love the 1 yard line spot.

I understand that somehow the day one build was not loaded on the xbox store or whatever and it is a version with some bug. i'm not sure if this is the same problem with the PS version.

Anyway, gameplay feels slightly worse than bill walsh's 1994 football. Don't think I can customize the schedule either.

I probably won't play much and will buy next years version in hopes they use my $30 to continue improving. Can't wait until I get my hands on "Eric HIpples Rock Bottom 2021 FOotball"

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
You’re a true philanthropist for all these Indy devs and 3rd string qbs long forgotten by everyone but football card memorizing children of the 1980s

I'll add that I also clearly interfered with a fair catch and was awarded the ball. Which led my game winning score with 29 seconds left.

Also, after a change in possession with 7 seconds left. I just had to call a play, not actually run it for the game clock to run out.

At least I'm a winner.

And let's be clear, Kramer, Dickey n Hipple had numerious starts in thur careers.

A check of the twitter thread shows that the DEV team is working with SONY on the no running plays issue.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I liked limited football, since you have no running plays in the playbook lol

one of the new features this year is a new PLay designer. I bypassed that function and just fired up a game first thing, so as I"m trying to call a play but don't see any i'm thinking to myself "DO I HAVE TO DESIGN EVERY PLAY, is there NO DEFAULT PLAYBOOK?"

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Ryan Moody loves the lead blocking, which would probably be nice if you had running plays! How did Ryan get running plays?

If he's on xbox he has running plays. the 3 developers are in the office debugging as of an hour ago.

EDIT: Yeah he has the xbox version because at the beginning he says still no day 1 patch. There wasn't supposed to be a day 1 patch for PS, just xbox. Turns out the Running Plays weren't in the balloon, so those PS day 1 will be ready thing is down the drain.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Those are all words, but I don't know what they mean. I am excited to check in the morning to see if I was too drunk to read or you were too drunk to post?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's what I hate most about Ryan Moody in the end. He's breaking down and nitpicking Madden Animations, which is fine... but then he acts like fucking Super Tecmo Bowl has the best gameplay? "HERE WE HAVE CONSISTENCY OF LEAD BLOCKING...." Uhhh Ryan, ur actually playing Pong?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Ryan Moody loves the lead blocking, which would probably be nice if you had running plays! How did Ryan get running plays?

These used to be my favorite videos of his. RYAN plays some PS0 looking game and talks about how AMAZING it looks, and his audience asks him why he's lauding such a terrible looking game. It's not as fun when they're mirroring QAnon levels of delusion!

C1Kprw3.png

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Those are all words, but I don't know what they mean. I am excited to check in the morning to see if I was too drunk to read or you were too drunk to post?
Supreme Drunk Court Justice Nominee G8R is going to rule that bmack (autocorrect to black) was the drunken party

ZackMills

Have mercy
I went back and played APF2k8 after returning Madden 20 to ma'library and even though the game looks like butt now it was refreshing to run behind blockers where I could anticipate what they were going to do!

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The fix for the PS4 version of Vince Evans Better than Nothing Football 2020 is now available. Apparently you can now have running plays. But you have to delete all your saved data for the patch to work. So pary for the loss of some fool who started a dynasty and got to year 5 without running the ball staying up all night.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The running game now works, due to having a playbook. I'm wondering if this rb I have is gonna get tired? I can't pass for shit. Not that I could yesterday, I was 12/29. But I'm 0/3 so far whilst running 18 times for 160 yards. This not being able to complete a pass would actually be good for a 1970's high school re-enactment, IF the ASTRONAUT WAR EAGLES DIDN"T HAVE 6 all state QB's who played in 11 out the first 12 years in school history.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The defending national SHAMpions were just knocked off by a team who ran for 9 yards. You need to work on your passing game if you want to be a TRUE champion

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Madden released a 93 Brees the day I dared besmirch it

He gets hot route master, so I can take the HB angle chem off Reggie Bush and Kamara and also take the TE post chem off Graham. HRM allows you to use custom hot routes, and without it, you have to put the custom route chems on your dudes.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's also amazing that the Madden cult fawns over this when I absolutely guarantee you they are having senior leadership meetings at EA routinely where they just laugh at how much money they make while prioritizing almost nothing about improving the actual gameplay. If this sells 1m copies a year they can probably light the profits from the first 800k on fire and it wouldn't matter.

Wolfman21

MOODY made a 10+ min video last week that did nothing but complain about the fact that when he simmed a fantasy draft in franchise, they didn't select a K or P, lol