• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden CPU vs CPU

Gooksta

so i have kinda become obsessed with game planning part of madden
they have like 30 plays for situations
1st down
2nd short
2nd med
2nd long
3rd short
3rd med
3rd long
4th short
4th med
4th long
hail mary
inside the five
goalline
goalline pass
2 min offense
run out the the clock

so your playbook has 500 plays
but playing madden in franchise, if you played long enough you can just beat the cpu with stick skills,, not a challenge.. challenge is loading your playbook and let the cpu run your plays
the challenge is setting up the playcalling to be balanced so the opposing team cant adjust to your gameplan and shut your offense down
if you try to run too much, defense shuts down the run. run slants too much on 2nd and med. they adjust and shut it down, have too many vertical plays calls on 3rd and long, INT city
trick is finding certain plays that open up other plays.

example play i really like out of certain formation for a cetain down and distance - worked for a bit but after a game or 2, the play got shut down every time it was called. so had to implement like 3 other plays from the same formation to open it back up
each play has a 5 star rating. the higher the star rating - the more likely it is to be called - so balancing run vs pass vs inside run to outside run to short vs long or med pass plays is pretty challenging
then balancing all the plays with different formations..

NERD ALERT!!!!!

FSS

so i have kinda become obsessed with game planning part of madden
they have like 30 plays for situations
1st down
2nd short
2nd med
2nd long
3rd short
3rd med
3rd long
4th short
4th med
4th long
hail mary
inside the five
goalline
goalline pass
2 min offense
run out the the clock

so your playbook has 500 plays
but playing madden in franchise, if you played long enough you can just beat the cpu with stick skills,, not a challenge.. challenge is loading your playbook and let the cpu run your plays
the challenge is setting up the playcalling to be balanced so the opposing team cant adjust to your gameplan and shut your offense down
if you try to run too much, defense shuts down the run. run slants too much on 2nd and med. they adjust and shut it down, have too many vertical plays calls on 3rd and long, INT city
trick is finding certain plays that open up other plays.

example play i really like out of certain formation for a cetain down and distance - worked for a bit but after a game or 2, the play got shut down every time it was called. so had to implement like 3 other plays from the same formation to open it back up
each play has a 5 star rating. the higher the star rating - the more likely it is to be called - so balancing run vs pass vs inside run to outside run to short vs long or med pass plays is pretty challenging
then balancing all the plays with different formations..

NERD ALERT!!!!!

How do you go about choosing which plays you like in each situation?

Also how do you mix a play calling?
-One idea for mixing it up as far as playcalling I've thought about was have your base calls like above but just run a different play in the series the next week (I havent done it in madden Im just talking more football now). For example 2nd short base play = single back ace dive. Next week in the same scenerio use singleback ace play action off the dive action. If there is a screen off that action use that the third week and the fourth week go back to the dive etc. Again just my thoughts.

FSS

Ok, I understand I haven't really been here in a while. More of a football Madden/Ncaa fan but thanks for the reply.

Gooksta

How do you go about choosing which plays you like in each situation?

Also how do you mix a play calling?
-One idea for mixing it up as far as playcalling I've thought about was have your base calls like above but just run a different play in the series the next week (I havent done it in madden Im just talking more football now). For example 2nd short base play = single back ace dive. Next week in the same scenerio use singleback ace play action off the dive action. If there is a screen off that action use that the third week and the fourth week go back to the dive etc. Again just my thoughts.
Example, i have a formation, like i form.. ill pick an inside run/ outside run/ play action that fits one of the run plays.. then a pass play.. ill have that for whatever situation..i want.. usually ill find a play I like for a certain down and distance.. then package a few plays from the same formation with it..