• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Just get them out of Columbus. Stadium sucks. Worst (or close to) attendance. They really aren't helping MLS or the sport grow. Get rid of them and go to a better and growing market.

I understand they're an original team and stuff but that's just a dead weight market at this point. Not adding anything to the league.

The owner is a shit head but for the good of the league and sport in the US, this is a good move.

Wooly

Will that become a lawuit? Seems like breech of contract or something, even if it's just implied.

Where are the Utopian lawyers on this one.

Can you keep season ticket money if you move?

Rob's FSU

Who would take over the team if, for example, a group of irate Crew fans stormed Precourt Castle and lynched the unsavory king? MLS? Would that make it easier or harder to move the Crew to Austin?

Snorky's Shame

I waited five years for this?

Got a t-shirt after the game

06398f58565203294ed35c9a30c67c1c.jpg

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Crew got a total gift... Jozy and Seba get moronic cards and suspended first leg.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Damn I didn't realize MLS was doing video replay for potential red cards. That's awesome.

Snorky's Shame

I’d be shocked at this point if Nashville doesn’t get a team in December. Rooting for Detroit to be the other team just to see the reactions of people who don’t quite understand how things work.

Snorky's Shame

I like Phoenix too, but Garber hasn’t mentioned them much recently.

While the investors may be famous, I don’t think they have the financial backing of Detroit’s group or even Lindner in Cincinnati. I think that’s the hang up.

Snorky's Shame

The four finalists for the two expansion spots in December: Cincinnati, Detroit, Nashville and Sacramento.

I hope they pick Detroit and Nashville just to see the reactions.

Snorky's Shame

Looks like Nashville will be one of the expansion teams.

Good choice. Growing market with growth in the demographics MLS is looking for, no MLB to compete with in the summer and fills a hole in the Mid-South.

Probably the market with the least questions out of the four.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Good thing the city helped the poor billionaire out by donating free land and giving him tax revenue. He could never do this on his own.

I really give no fucks about an MLS team, but I do care about losing the state fairgrounds to some soccer stadium that will be empty for like 80% of the year.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I hope it's something utterly uninspired like Nashville SC

Snorky's Shame

The group that owns the USL team also spearheaded the MLS expansion bid. They’ll spend two years in USL then move up to MLS.

Looks like the next team won’t be announced until January. Personally, I don’t think the league wants Cincinnati or Sacramento and I can see why. Cincinnati isn’t growing that fast and has stadium issues. Sacramento has issues within ownership and doesn’t have much of a corporate base. I’d add Detroit but I don’t think Ford Field will fill up like Atlanta and Seattle have. Detroit doesn’t have the demographics those two cities have.

This really has turned into a shitshow not unlike when Portland and Vancouver joined the league.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I know we touched it on but I still feel Phoenix is the no brainer. Doesn't sound like they are an option this time around but if they were ready I'd bet they'd be team 2