• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Don't think we have one of these yet, so I figured I would start it.

Enjoyed the game on Saturday. I was really happy with how well we ran the ball, considering we couldn't figure out a way to do it last year. I was encouraged by Nussmeier quite a bit. Notre Dame will obviously be a far bigger test, but we pretty much started as well as possible.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
One of the arguments I keep hearing for the Michigan-ND ending (for now) is Michigan playing ND doesn't allow Michigan to add a 2nd "marquee" non-conference game especially with the B1G going to a nine-game conference schedule in the future (only 3 non-conference games). I call bullshit on this argument

1991:
at Boston College
Notre Dame
Florida State

1992:
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State
Houston

1993:
Washington State
Notre Dame
houston

1994:
BC
Notre Dame
Colorado

bruin

Also wasn't there a tall tale of Bean Cook (RIP) telling a story that ND people felt UM benefited more from the rivalry than ND? Think Bo Schembechler (RIP) called out the ND peeps on their bullshit.

goblue96

Also wasn't there a tall tale of Bean Cook (RIP) telling a story that ND people felt UM benefited more from the rivalry than ND? Think Bo Schembechler (RIP) called out the ND peeps on their bullshit.

Wouldn't surprise me on both accounts.

I'm also amazed at Michigan's "inability" to find a "marquee" opponent to fill Notre Dame's slot on the schedule. It's been filled by the likes of Cincinnati, Hawai'i, and middle of the pack SEC and PAC-12 teams.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What do you mean? Next year we have Oregon State, UNLV, and BYU. That's going to be wow.*

*actual David Brandon quote

goblue96

Three teams that will collectively struggle to reach .500. I really hope the pizza salesman masquering as an athletic director decides to run for governor of Michigan and leaves UM.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
We also have Florida at a neutral site coming up!

Brandon's tenure might depend on this football season though. The consensus is that Hoke needs to show some improvement to keep his job. I think if Hoke goes, Brandon has to go. You can't hire another football coach without a new AD.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So, I'm heading up to the Penn State/Michigan game under the lights on October 11. Bart Scott.

-YTC

So do any of you'll actually live in/near Ann Arbor? I've found the tickets that I like, and negotiated a deal. However, we both prefer to deal in cash, and I'm obviously in SC. Anybody able to help a brother out? I can Paypal you the money for the tickets if you can help.

-YTC

Wooly

So do any of you'll actually live in/near Ann Arbor? I've found the tickets that I like, and negotiated a deal. However, we both prefer to deal in cash, and I'm obviously in SC. Anybody able to help a brother out? I can Paypal you the money for the tickets if you can help.

-YTC

Uhmmm yeah...I have this uncle in Ann Arbor, go ahead and send the money to him and I am sure he will do it [email protected]

goblue96

A lot of the time a Michigan message board that I lurk on makes me laugh. Today, it's really making me laugh:

Delany should be helping us get a Harbaugh. They could save the entire conference. The 49ers and Ravens are always in the hunt despite all their issues. Either Harbaugh would have the current roster in the playoff next season. There is a lot of talent on this roster.

I'm sure the B1G commissioner helping one team find a coach would reely go over well with the other 13 teams in the conference.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Im not sure why Harbaugh in his current situation would want to take a pay cut to coach Michigan. Maybe in 5 years when the 49ers bottom out.

WingedHelmet

The (Jim) Harbaugh pipe dream stems from A) His yet unsigned contract extension and B) Internet rumormongering stating he "may be losing the locker room" and that he and GM Trent Baalke are "no longer on speaking terms and only communicate through email."

My favorite was a post on the MGoBlog forum that raised the question of John Harbaugh potentially coming here after he's fired for the Ray Rice incident, and ended with "I would be 100% okay with hiring John Harbaugh provided he makes a donation to generic domestic violence charity X" or something along those lines.

Not one, not two, not three...

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Typical fandom though, you hear dumb ass shit like that for every team. Of course we would take them on a coaching level, that isn't the question. Who out there, that is a realistic candidate, would we want coaching this team next year? There is no point to fire Hoke if you are going to replace him with a Hoke 2.0.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's a little too early to tell who the best hires would be. I agree that if the decision comes down to Hoke vs. DeBord or Ron English or something, then keep Hoke. But there are likely several guys out there right now who we don't know about who would be really good.

goblue96

Michigan-Texas to play a home-and-home. Ann Arbor 2024. Austin 2027.

"I'll take Matchups of Fallen 20th Century College Football Powers for 800, Alex."

ZeekLTK

-YTC

Asking Michigan fans if they actually live near the team or even go to games... lol

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Pretty sure all of the Michigan fans in this thread went to Michigan. Because our Michigan degrees actually give us the ability to leave the state, we don't live there anymore.

And, besides, you're the "fan" that prefers to watch Norway play Burkina Faso instead of going to MSU games. Get the fuck out with your shit.

goblue96

tumblr_m3dgelyRT41rodjs4.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
By the way, @whiteyc_77, I'll be in Ann Arbor next weekend (Minnesota game) if you still need someone to handle the money thing with your tickets.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I have a weird feeling that Michigan loses this game. Maybe that is just the past however many years clouding my brain?

Bdub

I have a weird feeling that Michigan loses this game. Maybe that is just the past however many years clouding my brain?
I think it will be a great game. I am nervous about the Michigan lines. I think if Utah can establish some kind of run game and force a turnover or 2 they have a good shot at the win.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Pretty sure all of the Michigan fans in this thread went to Michigan. Because our Michigan degrees actually give us the ability to leave the state, we don't live there anymore.

And, besides, you're the "fan" that prefers to watch Norway play Burkina Faso instead of going to MSU games. Get the fuck out with your shit.
O an he mad

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Haha yeah. I'll probably get tickets for this weekend's game for around $30-$40 each. So at least I won't pay much to be miserable.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not much more to say. It's pretty embarrassing. And dumb. You couldn't find a couple hundred kids who want to go the game for free instead?

But maybe it's the thing that puts Brandon under pressure. That's good. Because I want him gone before we hire a new head coach.