• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The only QB that would think about transferring is Peters. McCaffery is the only other scholarship QB left after the bowl, and he'll be a redshirt freshman. They have 2 QB commits. McCaffery is unlikely to start this coming year, maybe the following year, but it doesn't really change the timeline for him. Peters is going from being a potential 3 year starter to possibly a 1 year starter.

No idea if Peters will transfer, though. The way Harbaugh recruits QBs, they know that nothing is guaranteed for them. He takes at least one a year, and some aren't going to see the field. They know this going in. Peters knew this. I'm pretty sure Harbaugh tells them that they'll, at minimum, get a degree and be able to grad transfer somewhere else. Peters enrolled early, so it's possible he could get a degree after next year and grad transfer if Patterson beat him out.

I actually think Peters is the favorite to win the job if Patterson comes though. While he wasn't a world beater this year, Peters looked good when he played. Peters also has a ton of potential. He's got the arm, and he showed the ability to go through his progressions when he played. Patterson was shitty against teams with a pulse. Plus, Patterson will have to learn Harbaugh's offense.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Plus, Patterson will have to learn Harbaugh's offense.

I'm sure he can get a head start by looking at the playbook:

giphy.gif

-YTC

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Please don't fire Harbaugh ever, I need his autistic stories in my life.

https://deadspin.com/unsurprisingly-jim-harbaugh-is-a-hardass-when-it-comes-1793229520

We’re playing, and you can picture the kind of game it is, right? Allison [the 13-year-old] happens to hit a couple jumpers and we’re playing to seven, and we’re up maybe 5-1. Next thing you know, Jim starts going over the top of Allison for rebounds, he’s boxing her out 10 feet away from the basket. Next thing you know, it’s 5-5 and Jim has made all the shots for his team of course. I’m like, you know, maybe Addy would like to touch the ball? Maybe Katie or Jack could dribble a little bit now and then? It goes 6-6 and a long rebound comes out the side, he goes and gets it. I see Allison happens to be over there, so I see him going to the basket, he’s going to take Allison to the hole, you know, he’s about 6'3", 235, so I’m going to go cut him off. I get him with my right arm bar across his chest and I’m trying to body check him into the pricker bushes behind the driveway, and he just powers his way to the basket, lays one over the top, a reverse layup off the board, and all he could talk about is how he won. He picks up Jack and says, “Doesn’t it feel great, Jack, to win? Doesn’t it feel great to win?” An hour later we were crossing paths in the backyard to go get a soda or something, and he looks me right in the eye and he says, “Hey John, have you won anything yet?”

Lightningwar

Administrator
As a fan it is scary how it can turn. I remember back in the 90s OSU would roll into the Michigan game with 1 or no losses and like clockwork lose no matter how bad Michigan was that year. Now Michigan cant beat them. Once in the last 14 years is crazy.