• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan Thread

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Oregon State opener? Would rather good weather

Tix are expensive for the Beavers because its the opener

They fall for the sept 19 game but i forgot who it is

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
As of now that date (beavers) works but I'm not doing anything until I know yes or no on the UK job I am interviewing for. Seeing as I might not even be in the US. I should know that in a couple of weeks I would think. I'll keep you posted.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I can do that if the weather cooperates, dont wanna fuck up my prizes possessions in mud

Also what do you guys recommend to do in the Murder Mitten for fun

I am an avid paddler and ir looks like you have some of the best canoeing in the country

HailToTheVictors

Formerly WolverinesNC2003
So I haven't been this excited for a Michigan football season since 2007. Here's to hoping 2016 does not go down in a similar fashion.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I am optimistic as well, but damn playing Iowa, MSU, and OSU on the road is tough. Even if MSU and OSU have down years like they might, that's still tough. And OSU should be pretty damn good by the end of the year, even if they're only 8-3 or something.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
How's O'Korn doing?

He's battling for the starting job, but it sounds like he's behind Speight right now. It seems like he's a little too much of a gunslinger at this point to make the coaches want to go with him. Most people expected him to be the starter this year, so it's somewhat surprising. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the starter during the year. He's got all the physical tools, so it's just a matter of putting it together mentally. And if there's a coach in the country that can do that for him, it's probably Harbaugh.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Relatively slim. I think it's likely we'll see both of them in the first 3 games, just because the second stringers get in at some point. But I doubt they do a two QB system or anything like that. Especially since those 3 games will be good games to get whoever the starting QB is comfortable in the offense.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well, I'm throwing my cautious optimism to the wind right now. This team should be pretty damn good. The defense should be one of the best in the country, and they'll be able to go 2 deep on the defensive line without really missing a beat it seems like. That is huge. They have legitimately 4 guys that can play corner at an all Big Ten level. Linebackers are definitely a question mark, but with that DL, it may not make too much difference. Assuming we find a QB, the offense should be fine, although probably not great. Offensive line is the biggest question mark. The left tackle might be a true freshman, which is less than ideal. The rest of the OL is pretty meh, although with 3 redshirt seniors, you'd expect them to be pretty good. If the offensive line is better than a B unit, the offense might be a lot better than you'd expect right now.

I would guess they're favorites for 11 games this year - maybe all 12 if OSU has a down year. I think we'll know how good this team is after playing Penn State and Wisconsin. If they steamroll one or both of them, then watch out. If they have to pull out a pair of squeakers, then I would tamper down expectations. Wisconsin and Penn State look like pretty average 8-4 teams, so dominating them would be a good sign. Struggling would be a bad sign. I also think Indiana will be a really dangerous game, given their style. And it's between Michigan going to Iowa and OSU. It could be a trap game.

Michigan is probably the Big Ten favorite, but not by much. The OSU game should decide who goes to the Big Ten championship game. I will be disappointed in the season if we don't automatically get to go to the Big Ten title game by beating OSU. I think anything beyond that is gravy. But if you look at the history of the 2nd year of a great coach, you'd think this is a legitimate shot for Michigan to go to the playoff. I think that's a little overboard given that Michigan is still digging out a bit from the Hoke years, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Based on the Spring game, it won't matter who is back there if O-Line doesn't learn how to block. Speight had a lot three-step....oh fuck that's the DL line....drops.

JAR201166

Well, I'm throwing my cautious optimism to the wind right now. This team should be pretty damn good. The defense should be one of the best in the country, and they'll be able to go 2 deep on the defensive line without really missing a beat it seems like. That is huge. They have legitimately 4 guys that can play corner at an all Big Ten level. Linebackers are definitely a question mark, but with that DL, it may not make too much difference. Assuming we find a QB, the offense should be fine, although probably not great. Offensive line is the biggest question mark. The left tackle might be a true freshman, which is less than ideal. The rest of the OL is pretty meh, although with 3 redshirt seniors, you'd expect them to be pretty good. If the offensive line is better than a B unit, the offense might be a lot better than you'd expect right now.

I would guess they're favorites for 11 games this year - maybe all 12 if OSU has a down year. I think we'll know how good this team is after playing Penn State and Wisconsin. If they steamroll one or both of them, then watch out. If they have to pull out a pair of squeakers, then I would tamper down expectations. Wisconsin and Penn State look like pretty average 8-4 teams, so dominating them would be a good sign. Struggling would be a bad sign. I also think Indiana will be a really dangerous game, given their style. And it's between Michigan going to Iowa and OSU. It could be a trap game.

Michigan is probably the Big Ten favorite, but not by much. The OSU game should decide who goes to the Big Ten championship game. I will be disappointed in the season if we don't automatically get to go to the Big Ten title game by beating OSU. I think anything beyond that is gravy. But if you look at the history of the 2nd year of a great coach, you'd think this is a legitimate shot for Michigan to go to the playoff. I think that's a little overboard given that Michigan is still digging out a bit from the Hoke years, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.
Bitchagan

goblue96

DDSXy48VwAA2H3S.jpg

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Probably a good move for him. I wonder if this is his choice or if he got the firm handshake from Jimmy.

Still sucks, I know McCaffrey hype is high and Peter looked promising, but having his experience would be nice.

goblue96

His experience as a potential 3rd stringer if McCafferty beat him out for the back-up job would have been nice. But, he'll have his degree and I wish him the best wherever he lands next year.

CJ_24

How many more losses in a row to Corch Meyerz will it take before Michigan runs out of patience with Corch Harbaw?

Wooly

Harbaugh is not going anywhere. He has a very long leash at Michigan, and Michigan would be dumb to get rid of him unless he really did badly for several years.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I think if they finish 3rd in the east again next year you start to hear the rumblings.

A bad loss in week 1 against Notre Dame next season could start the discussion.

I have no idea who they would hire next though. They almost have to keep him regardless of results just to keep the jerb from becoming completely toxic.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I shocked him and Hoke have roughly the same record through the same points in their careers. It just feels more complete with Harbaugh. But going back to the Iowa game from last year Michigan is 9-7. Which is crazy.

goblue96

I shocked him and Hoke have roughly the same record through the same points in their careers. It just feels more complete with Harbaugh. But going back to the Iowa game from last year Michigan is 9-7. Which is crazy.

Having a revolving door at the QB position because of injury will do that to a team even with a "QB whisperer" as head coach.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I think if they finish 3rd in the east again next year you start to hear the rumblings.

A bad loss in week 1 against Notre Dame next season could start the discussion.

I have no idea who they would hire next though. They almost have to keep him regardless of results just to keep the jerb from becoming completely toxic.

3rd would be an improvement.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Harbaugh has 3 more years before any legitimate hot seat rumblings. Those 7 loses have come against the #6, #8, #8, #9, #3, and #19 teams, plus Iowa, at night, in Iowa City. Context is important. He's had 2 blowout losses in 3 years. This year, Michigan played 3 QBs and still got to 8-4. They have 8 seniors on this team. I have my doubts about the ceiling for Harbaugh, but this is probably the floor, and I'm totally okay with it. It doesn't feel like 8-4 because of the QB and OL problems, but QBs will be better next year, and I think they'll be able to improve the pass blocking this year (run blocking was actually pretty decent). Defense will still be lights out.

They're not struggling to beat bad teams like they were with Hoke or DickRod. They're crushing most of the bad teams and losing close games to good teams.

Hot seat rumblings are from idiots (hi, @CJ_24), rivals (hi, @Skeeter), or trolls (hi, @whiteyc_77).

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm not trolling to say he should be on the hot seat. I'm trolling to say that he's done no better than 3rd in 3 years.

I'm perfectly fine with Michigan having the third best (maybe?) corch in the division.

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
Interesting that harbaugh is in Mississippi to poach ole Miss transfers. Sounds like he may take 3 including Patterson. Do current michigan qbs transfer?

Reminds me of when vultures circled at psu.