• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Brick

BTW, I ordered a NICE FIT fitted SD Spring Training cap. Keeping the tags on for now, though, as they could be collector's items

thumb.aspx
nice colors on the patch to balance out the poo poo pee pee

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Regardless this is the proper take. MLB is a monopoly with Russian-style oligarchs somehow appointed over teams. There is no competition. It only works like this because congress considers it basically a national service. Then they get more greedy over their return with guaranteed insane multiples and deprive the country of an entire sport.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
If they were losing money, most of these guys would want to sell, correct? They've made money from their initial investment, and should rid of themselves of a depreciating asset. How many are doing that?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
MLB profits aren’t shared. But if they were losing money, teams wouldn’t go up in value every year. They wouldn’t be sold at increasingly higher values every single time a team hits the market. These are big profitable monopolies.

With the Nats, there are constraints, like paying out initial investors. But they have never operated at a loss outside of maybe 2020.

People with any sympathy toward owners should read Lord of the Realms for a primer and dig into the business of baseball a bit more. This isn’t billionaires vs millionaires, this is corrupt owners squeezing everything they can out of their monopoly at the expense of minor leaguers, short-tenured players that can’t negotiate their salary, and the American public.

CJ_24

Regardless this is the proper take. MLB is a monopoly with Russian-style oligarchs somehow appointed over teams. There is no competition. It only works like this because congress considers it basically a national service. Then they get more greedy over their return with guaranteed insane multiples and deprive the country of an entire sport.

I agree, Manfred and the owners are shitheads

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Hiroshima Carp are ass lately, so I am all in the Tijuana Toros. Train to the border, uber to the park. Easy peasy.

Not a great video, but you get the idea. 2 Tecates for $3 total, elotes, fried pig skin, tacos, weird-ass knock-off Disney princess cheerleaders (@goblue96 ), etc...

If they're locked out for some reason, I might need a KBO team, smh

BearDownUofA

Festizio
I really hate how well Rob Manfred is playing his role as a human shield for the owners. So many people are talking about how Manfred needs to be fired and don't get that the owners would just replace him with another toadie.

The hate needs to be 100% focused on the owners. This is their fault. Manfred should basically be ignored apart from the scorn that he still deserves for calling the Commissioner's Trophy a piece of metal.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The MLB commissioner is supposed to be a roadie for the owners. That’s always been the job description. The commissioner isn’t there to look after the “good of the game.” He’s there to line the owners pockets.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
The MLB commissioner is supposed to be a roadie for the owners. That’s always been the job description. The commissioner isn’t there to look after the “good of the game.” He’s there to line the owners pockets.
That's exactly my point. The people who are calling for Manfred to be fired are foolish if they think that will change anything.

He's deflecting blame from the owners and letting them get away with this shit. People will simultaneously blame Manfred and then bootlick and claim that it's a both sides issue to try to defend the owners when this is on the owners and not the players.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Assuming there is a season I plan to take the family to Boston for a reds redsox matchup.

Looks like there are options for $106 in the lodge area or for $60 in the infield grandstand. I don't want to get stuck behind poles to watch the game so I'm not sure where that risk is.

Is the lodge worth an extra $40/ticket

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Assuming there is a season I plan to take the family to Boston for a reds redsox matchup.

Looks like there are options for $106 in the lodge area or for $60 in the infield grandstand. I don't want to get stuck behind poles to watch the game so I'm not sure where that risk is.

Is the lodge worth an extra $40/ticket
I would say probably not, Fenway isn't that big and the grandstand seats are fine views for the most part. Just check the seat views before purchasing to make sure you aren't getting a pole spot.

Honestly as a TALL I don't fucking fit in the built in 1912 or whatever seats so I spend most of the game in the standing room only areas anyway, which are awesome. Just roam around the concourse with a beer and watch the game. Realize that's not as possible with a family in tow tho.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
How many times are you going to get to Fenway Park? I would go all in and get the nicest seats you can afford.

When I went we were in the outfield with like ten seats. Smoltz got SHELLED! As a tall those were some really small seats.

Wolfman21

i was gonna buy me and my brother in law tickets to see the Braves early this season back before Christmas. Thank goodness I held off.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I would say probably not, Fenway isn't that big and the grandstand seats are fine views for the most part. Just check the seat views before purchasing to make sure you aren't getting a pole spot.

Honestly as a TALL I don't fucking fit in the built in 1912 or whatever seats so I spend most of the game in the standing room only areas anyway, which are awesome. Just roam around the concourse with a beer and watch the game. Realize that's not as possible with a family in tow tho.
This. I’m not super tall at 5’11” and those seats were crazy uncomfortable. We had tickets about 20 rows up at 3B.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'm 6'2 265. Should be great. Kids will be 14,13,12 so not littles. The boys will be into the game and my daughter will be on her phone.

Wolfman21

fixing a game that doesn't need fixing. Someone send Manfred to Nascar to ask them how that shit works in the longterm. Making bases larger? the fuck...lol. Next thing you know they'll have those dual bases out there where one is white for the fielder and one is orange for the runner.

Hike

güero
fixing a game that doesn't need fixing. Someone send Manfred to Nascar to ask them how that shit works in the longterm. Making bases larger? the fuck...lol. Next thing you know they'll have those dual bases out there where one is white for the fielder and one is orange for the runner.
I don’t understand the point of the bigger bases thing.
Imagine football not being able to shift around pre snap lol. What a bunch of losers.

And your football example is always what I tell my friends when they complain about shifts. Joey Gallo can go fuck himself. Like he was hitting triples. :grin:

Skeeter

Uber felon
Safety bases totally make sense at first base and should be used at all levels. Almost completely removes the threat of collision.