• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I’ve had the extra innings package the last 3 seasons. I haven’t watched all the teams extensively, but I’ve warched a shit load. Best local tv announcers are:

Padres
Rays
White Sox
Blue Jays
Dodgers

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Don Orsillo is great. Mud Grant is a goober, but he seems better now that he has Orsillo, and when the team is decent and he has something to talk about.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Granted some of this comes down to who the Phils have played but Girardi would have led them to an 8-8 or 9-7 record over these last 16 games. Rob”Mr. Excitement” Thompson is letting them have FUN.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What's the record for the most times shut out in a season? The Tigers are gonna blow that out of the water.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yep, I try to stay up as late as I can, but missing out on Trout and Ohtani so much sucks. Hell Ward is fucking awesome, too. Angels won't make the playoffs again either.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm kind of shticking, since the Pandemic hit I stay up much later. But I tend to watch baseball earlier in the evening anyway for some reason, I guess habit? But yes, love the Angels and Padres players and don't watch nearly enough. Excited for Abrams. I was hoping for a Turner/Scherzer trade that landed him.

Next year might be the year for an Angels or Padres build in OOTP.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
You should make the harmless Mariners the Padres' mortal enemy like MLB did with interleague

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Got curious so I looked it up - Freeman is outperforming Matt Olson by winning one and a half more WARs than him so far. Every stat gives a clear nod to Freeman (didn't check Boomer stats)

FF: WAR 2.7 (Fangraphs), OPS+ 140, wRC+ 145.
MO: WAR 1.2, OPS+ 124, wRC+ 122

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Got a work/wedding trip in the works for next week. Hitting the following parks:

PNC
Fenway
Charleston River Dogs
Reading Fightin' Phils (@goblue96)

Of all of those, I've only ever been to Charleston's park, which if I recall is hot AF. I assume Reading will be charming in a weird, middle-PA way

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Reading's stadium was built in the 40s but has undergone a lot of renovations in the past 10 or so years. Pretty easy to get in and out of traffic wise.

Can't remember what the stadium has concessions-wise. I believe there is a Yuengling ice cream float still available. I highly recommend.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If you ain’t watching Bob costas call this astros Yankees game on mlb network, then where the fuck you at? Aint a baseball fan imo