• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

MLB 2023 Thread

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Yes, he can change the blackout rule. Why should Iowa which has no MLB team have blackout restrictions from five MLB teams?

He trotted out the same line 18 months ago.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...op-priority-major-league-baseball/8111648002/
I imagine he would have to work something out with regional sports networks who carry exclusive rights to broadcast the games first. What incentive do they have to agree to let MLB broadcast in market games? That would have to be the beginning of the end for the RSNs. It's not like MLB can just wave a wand and say here ya go

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Wolfman21

Braves/Red Sox spring training game just ended in a 6-6 tie. The final out, the batter was called out on strikes because, while he was in the box, he did not present as ready to receive the pitch within the 8 seconds he needed to.

rob manfreds MLB everyone

Wolfman21

How was he not ready within 8 seconds is the question you should ask yourself

he was in the box…just not presented as ready. Seems to be pretty damn subjective. Rule should be if their two feet are in the box, they’re ready to roll and pitcher can proceed. Having some subjective thing that umps have to decide if they are ready or not is just asking for ejections and nonsense

Schauwn

he was in the box…just not presented as ready. Seems to be pretty damn subjective. Rule should be if their two feet are in the box, they’re ready to roll and pitcher can proceed. Having some subjective thing that umps have to decide if they are ready or not is just asking for ejections and nonsense
but why wasn't he ready?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Ready2roll is the preferred nomenclature

Schauwn

He was ready. Have you watched the video? He’s in the box, set, but didn’t “look at the pitcher with both eyes” in time.

But sure, defend this awful commissioner lmbo
He wasn't ready when there were 8 seconds left on the clock, it's not a hard rule. He was still adjusting his sleeve (because that's going to make the difference) and readjusting the bat at 7 seconds.

Rulez are rulez.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I’m late af but been out of pocket. Where my Padres at??? Manny signs massive extension! Hell yes.

Wolfman21

I dont necessarily have an issue with the pitch clock per say(though i don't think its going to bring anymore fans in to be honest), more so the implementation. I think once a batters two feet are in the box, that should count as presenting to the pitcher. Otherwise, theres too much subjectivity and is going to cause some serious strain on umpires who are already on the outs with players and fans alike. Fans just love subjective rules that take the action out of the hands of the players and put it in the hands of the officials, right?(looking at you Super Bowl)

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I love these. Cannot wait to see it in a real game.

Re: SD seeing 4 pitches- Lotta golf in AZ this time of year. Chicago, not so much.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Within one minute got to boo an umpire with the Philly phaithful and then boo the Phanatic hisself for a malfunctioning tshirt gun! Is this what it feels like @goblue96?

The Phanatic is having a rough spring. His hot dog malfunctioned in one of the first games of spring training and shot hot dogs into the Phillies dugout.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
God, I need to get out to AZ. ST is heaven when you can bike to 2 games a day along golf courses

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The Phanatic is having a rough spring. His hot dog malfunctioned in one of the first games of spring training and shot hot dogs into the Phillies dugout.

He was in our section within a half inning and won everyone back. I did get the full experience today