• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

National Signing Day

Heisman06

Is there not a recruiting thread or did I just miss it? National Signing Day is tomorrow and Clemson is in a battle with Michigan for the #1 player Rashan Gary.

I never felt great about Clemson's chances until this weekend. It's 50/50 right now and it may be favoring Clemson now from what I hear.

Hopefully Clemson finishes with Simmons (S), Simpson (OL), Mullen/Wallace (CB) and Gary. Simmons is gonna commit tonight.

Discuss.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It would be a pretty cruel dong punch for Clemson to get Gary after Michigan was the clear #1 for probably a year. It would also make Michigan's future DT depth look pretty shaky.

I normally don't pay attention to signing day that much, but this year there's a lot of drama for Michigan, so here I am.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I'd be shocked if Gary goes to Clemson. Mullen is a true toss up. Our DB depth at FSU is a major factor imo. We are absolutely loaded with future NFL talent and with Alexander leaving Mullen has more opportunity to play early at Clemson. The idea of having to go against Gary and Lawrence in the middle is daunting. Especially with our offensive line play last year.

As for FSU's class. It is shaping up pretty well. Think we will be top 5 and potentially make a run for top 3 if some guys fall our way.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Gary's recruitment has been Michigan and somebody for a while, so I'd agree that he's probably a Michigan lean right now. He's also had good experiences on many visits that lead to a supposed new challenger to Michigan, only for those schools to drop away (happened with Ole Miss and USC). It is 'crootin, so never say never. I'm not counting on Gary yet, although it would be fantastic.

Heisman06

I'd be shocked if Gary goes to Clemson. Mullen is a true toss up. Our DB depth at FSU is a major factor imo. We are absolutely loaded with future NFL talent and with Alexander leaving Mullen has more opportunity to play early at Clemson. The idea of having to go against Gary and Lawrence in the middle is daunting. Especially with our offensive line play last year.

As for FSU's class. It is shaping up pretty well. Think we will be top 5 and potentially make a run for top 3 if some guys fall our way.

Clemson only has room for 1 CB so whoever commits first would get our spot. It was the same for safety which is why Isaiah Simmons moved his up in front of Romeo Finley. Finley is likely Miami or GT bound now.

There's some talk that Clemson likes Wallace more than Mullen in their scheme but would be happy with either.

Gary would be an upset but wouldn't really surprise me from what people I trust are saying. Clemson made an impression in only 1.5 visits (his first visit was Easter weekend and the students/coaches were outta town). If Gary has visited Clemson 7 times like he has Michigan, I have zero doubt that he would already be committed.

Heisman06

Michigan hired Gary's HS coach last year to get him. If they don't, it will be a kick in the teeth for them.

This is the choice he has to make. Go with your friends and old coach or choose the team with more defensive talent around you. Mama seems to favor Clemson from the quotes she's putting out. We'll see.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is the choice he has to make. Go with your friends and old coach or choose the team with more defensive talent around you.

Those are the same teams ... :trollface: (but seriously, Michigan's defense was better than Clemson's last year, but the depth outside of DL is not there, so you might be right about Clemson having more talent right now).

Heisman06

Those are the same teams ... :trollface: (but seriously, Michigan's defense was better than Clemson's last year, but the depth outside of DL is not there, so you might be right about Clemson having more talent right now).

Maybe. I'll still take Clemson's especially when you look at the younger talent that would be around Gary next 2-3 years. Wilkins, Huggins, Dex (among others) on DL. Tre Lamar and Rahshaun Smith at LB. I'm just ready to get it over with haha.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
No, it wasn't

Yeah, it was. Advanced stats generally had Michigan's defense ahead of Clemson's (S&P had Michigan's defense second best in the country, behind Alabama). Those advanced stats take opponent strength into account. And conventional stats like total defense and points allowed had Michigan ahead.

Oh, and :thumbsup:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan people are feeling less confident today about Gary. Apparently his camp has gone radio silent on the Michigan end. What's the Clemson feeling, @Heisman06?

coogrfan

Apparently Florida took some WR commit from Houston? Whats the deal with that? Just saw his highlight film..It looks like hes from Westfield? Just a guess based on jersey.

Not a surprise given some the advice he was receiving:

I have also heard that TC was less than thrilled by the fact that another 4* WR had committed to UH. Oh, well. Good luck to him.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
looks like harbaugh's stupid sleepover worked

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU class coming together verrrry nicely today. Icing on the cake would be to get Kongbo. But even if he goes to Ole Piss or Tenn this class might be our best ever under Fisher. Combined with last years class. This team is setup to be ridiculous going forward.

Heisman06

Michigan people are feeling less confident today about Gary. Apparently his camp has gone radio silent on the Michigan end. What's the Clemson feeling, @Heisman06?

Sorry. Just saw this. Was feeling good until this morning. Adam Friedman had a report that made it seem like it was going to be UM but most Clemson insiders still say it's 50/50.

We'll find out real soon. It's been a good day for Clemson regardless. We signed all our targets and were able to sign more CB's than we had anticipated.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
In things I've learned today, apparently Ric Flair had a scholarship offer to play football at Michigan.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Thanking the god of skinny punks. Him and Lawrence on the interior would be a nightmare for the Noles over the next few years.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Apparently it's the first time the #1 recruit in the nation hasn't gone to an SEC school since 2008. That was Pyror.

Minion-Workers-Cheer-With-Excitment-In-Despicables-Me-2.gif

Heisman06

image.png

Looks thrilled. There was a report yesterday that he liked Clemson but his mother leaned Michigan. Seems likely.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Maybe not flipped. But I was under the impression Burns was a solid gata commit until Eubanks left to Michigan?
Ah. Yeah that sounds about right. Most people seemed to think he was flazzu bound after that. But I say that also mentioning my "recruiting news" comes solely from random Floridas sbnation site columns. I haven't really followed recruiting in years. I really just check in on NSD to get a view of who might be a player in 2 years.