• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

DanishDonut0

Love me some Casey Benson. Dude is a pass first player and only has 24 turnovers this year.

That long 3 in the end was the best

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He was showing off by tripping people?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
duke is gay

s8fJ6Jr.png

Brick

Love me some Casey Benson. Dude is a pass first player and only has 24 turnovers this year.
If Bell, Benson, and Benjamin contribute offensively Oregon is very hard to beat. You have to guard everyone on defense if they are contributing to the scoring. They had 26 combined last night. Has to be frustrating especially when Benson is scoring. Bell is a better offensive player than people give him credit for. He is not just purely a dunk guy. Can move in the post and has nice touch.

I've watched a few Oklahoma games this year. They seem to be very hot/cold. Spangler gon get his shit swatted quite a few times. Should be a good game, I think. I bet Oregon throws several different atholetes at Hield. Will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Soonerfan09

If Bell, Benson, and Benjamin contribute offensively Oregon is very hard to beat. You have to guard everyone on defense if they are contributing to the scoring. They had 26 combined last night. Has to be frustrating especially when Benson is scoring. Bell is a better offensive player than people give him credit for. He is not just purely a dunk guy. Can move in the post and has nice touch.

I've watched a few Oklahoma games this year. They seem to be very hot/cold. Spangler gon get his shit swatted quite a few times. Should be a good game, I think. I bet Oregon throws several different atholetes at Hield. Will be interesting to watch.
OU has to rebound and the bench has to step up again. Spangler can't get scared and disappear once he gets swatted or dunked on once.
Buddy has to do Buddy things and either Woodard or Cousins needs to have 15+.

Brick

i couldn't care one bit about the sportsmanship stuff. i understand both sides of that argument, but just don't care.

but he (a) obviously was trying to ruin the player's moment because he was pissy
(b) vehemently denied it
(c) has douchebag players on his team every single year, especially this year

there's a possibility brooks made it up, but i don't know why he'd do that. given corch k's history and the way he got all salty, i bet he did say it.

after cuse loses tonight i wonder if corch k will be on the top or bottom of boeheim.

Brick

luh dat facebook trending/top post thing, haha:

Yep! Knew this was going to happen! So what IF he did say that? I bet if Oregon is up by double digits in their next game and he has the ball with a few seconds left that he doesn't throw up a 3 pointer. And it will be because the game's greatest coach told him he is better then that!!

Coach K = Class. Duke gets showed up but K takes the high road when asked about it. We all know he had words for Brooks but is being a man and keeping it between them. Many coaches would have used that opportunity to display their power and dominance.

The accountability does not lie solely with Dillon Brooks, Coach Altman is ultimately the most accountable as he allows his players to behave not in a classy, humble , champion like manner. Brooks in reality blew off Coach K as Brooks said he has to be "me". Most hot dogs favorite word... "ME".

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Brooks obv thinking "yeah we won but ima fuck up K's night tho". Corch K definitely said it or something like it, players don't just make stuff up to start shit after they win the sweet 16. NO BAT FLIPS, BROOKS!

Brick

Oh, I didn't see that video. He definitely said it. Ha. Mongs who don't understand the rules are complaining about sportsmanship. He had to shoot or get a shot clock violation which would just delay the end of the game anyway. He did not go in and dunk the ball or something to shove it in their faces. He was chucking up a very low percentage shot. Who cares? I mean I don't see how that is any less "classy" than Oregon players flexing after every dunk, if you want to pick on sportsmanship. Corch K is just being a dick. People who agree with him are voting for Trump, guaranteed.

Sportsmanship arguments are for trogs. People are saying the tripping dude gave a cold shoulder to Brooks. Again, who cares? I never understood why people have to shake hands after the game and act happy for the other team. Especially in a case like this where the season is over for the losing team. The dude is upset. I couldn't care less if players just left the court. Oh no emotion.

Classy is the worst word in sports. Every instance of "classy" should be found and replaced with "PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH".

Last edited:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Honestly I always liked sore losers while playing ball. You get to win and then laugh in the faces of the mongs who take sportzzzz too seriously

CJ_24

Oh, I didn't see that video. He definitely said it. Ha. Mongs who don't understand the rules are complaining about sportsmanship. He had to shoot or get a shot clock violation which would just delay the end of the game anyway. He did not go in and dunk the ball or something to shove it in their faces. He was chucking up a very low percentage shot. Who cares? I mean I don't see how that is any less "classy" than Oregon players flexing after every dunk, if you want to pick on sportsmanship. Corch K is just being a dick. People who agree with him are voting for Trump, guaranteed.

Sportsmanship arguments are for trogs. People are saying the tripping dude gave a cold shoulder to Brooks. Again, who cares? I never understood why people have to shake hands after the game and act happy for the other team. Especially in a case like this where the season is over for the losing team. The dude is upset. I couldn't care less if players just left the court. Oh no emotion.

Classy is the worst word in sports. Every instance of "classy" should be found and replaced with "PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH".

In general I agree with your post, but I don't agree with the bold portion. In my view (and in my experience) shaking hands after the game serves a valid purpose. I think the idea is to show respect for your competitors. Whoever won, whatever happened, we respect each other for playing the game and we leave the court/field sharing that respect. I've always felt there's something about having to shake someone's hand after the game that helps minimize whatever hostility there is.

Brick

I think people should shake hands if they want to, and it's a good thing. But if they are emotional and don't want to do it at the moment, who cares? You hear of a lot of cases where players will go to the other locker room to congratulate the other team after they've calmed down. That's fine.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I gave a tech to a kid for taunting another kid literally half his size.

No fucks were given on that day.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I gave a tech to a kid for taunting another kid literally half his size.

No fucks were given on that day.

I gave a red card to a kid who after he was told that his uniform was torn pointed at one of his opponents of Asian descent, "Don't worry his mom can fix it." Privately, I thought it was funny but still had to give the red.

Soonerfan09

Contemplating the 8 hour drive down to join @Soonerfan09 tomorrow. But happy hour drinking tonight may derail any chance of that.
DO IT!

I tried to like your post on OU hoops about 12 times before I decided it wasn't working (did it work? Every time I tried was from my phone).
If you do, my girlfriend and I will probably go out to the bars to celebrate and we can meet up there, but if they lose, I'll prolly go home and drink my sorrows away.

But if they win and you don't go, I'll be in the Bay Area for a wedding from the 7th - 10th if you wanna get down. And obviously, if they don't win, I'll have to talk to my GF, but I'm sure she would be happy to get together and celebrate our first basketball NC.

The last part doesn't make sense. So when I'm in the Bay Area and you wanna buy me a drink (you're welcome for my service), I'll be there.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Never would I have thought that Mike Tobey would be instrumental in getting Virginia to the elite 8

Brick

Oregon has actually played good defense on hield IMO. He's just that good. he has been involved in 5 or 6 different turnovers and only got one or two clean looks. Not much you can do when not only him, but the rest of Oklahoma is shooting this well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, this won't be sustained the whole game. I expect Oregon to go on a run to open the 2nd half, especially with Lattin in foul trouble (surprise, surprise). Need OU to be able to respond well.

Brick

I don't even think Oregon played that poor of a first half on defense. That's what makes me feel pretty hopeless. Oregon really doesn't have a goto guy on offense. Everyone can score but guys usually trade streaks being hot. If they don't chip into the lead quickly it could get very ugly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk