• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Skeeter

Uber felon
Please take sorry ass Mick
giphy.gif

bruin

Solid.

Not the grand slam hire, but you don't need the grand salami to win at UCLA. Place recruits itself and now with the facilities being at near the best in the country, watch out.

Cronin is already a top tier coach in the conference of champions.

Not hard to win here, Jim Harrick won a natty and was just about to get the train bumpity bump baby but he lied about buying the Collins twins dinner.

Welcome MICK!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Let’s count the times a Mick Cronin corched team reached the 2nd weekend of the tournament.

yt55sesame0.jpg

He got to the Sweet 16 in 2012.

It's probably a better hire than Jamie Dixon, but not by much. UCLA is going to play some ugly basketball. He's never had a team with an offensive efficiency above 32nd. Yikes.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Solid.

Not the grand slam hire, but you don't need the grand salami to win at UCLA. Place recruits itself and now with the facilities being at near the best in the country, watch out.

Cronin is already a top tier coach in the conference of champions.

Not hard to win here, Jim Harrick won a natty and was just about to get the train bumpity bump baby but he lied about buying the Collins twins dinner.

Welcome MICK!

Congrats on hiring the basketball equivalent of Brady Hoke.

the-hills-gif-lauren-drink.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't blame him for wanting to go to the NBA, but I don't get going to the Cavs at all.

Oh well. He earned the right to leave Michigan however he wanted. He deserves to have the arena named after him. Only disappointment is that he didn't get a national title here, but considering where the program was when he took it over, that is a crazy thing to say.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I won't claim to know anything about his coaching abilities. Is he actually good or just a MICHIGAN MAN ENGAGE hire?

goblue96

I won't claim to know anything about his coaching abilities. Is he actually good or just a MICHIGAN MAN ENGAGE hire?

He's been a highly regarded NBA assistant for the past few years. Name linked with a couple NBA head coaching jobs. But no NCAA experience. So, a bit from column A and bit from column B.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Howard has the ideal profile if you're going to take an NBA assistant. His ceiling is incredibly high. Who knows how good he'll actually be, but I'm enthused about it. I'd be fine with either him or Yaklich as head corch.

CJ_24

Didn't Georgetown recently attempt this move with Patrick Ewing? And St. John's with Chris Mullin?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So it's Howard officially. This is definitely a massive wild card hire, but I'm cautiously optimistic. He's credited with organizing the Heat's defense, which has been really good the past couple of years. He's also credited with developing some pretty good big men, including turning Whiteside from a G League player to a max contact guy. He'll probably be a good recruiter.

Who knows how much of everything in Miami was due to him or Spoelstra, though. Even if he did put the defense together, what is his offense like? Can he develop guards at all? And then, how does his experience in the NBA translate to college?

Definitely not a home run hire, but considering the time and other candidates (Ed Cooley ... bleh), this is fine. I think he's unlikely to tank the program entirely, if only because he'll probably recruit well.

goblue96

He won the shit out of the twitter announcement:

Seriously, that thing gives me chills. And I was in kindergarten when the Fab Five happened! I have a problem. :laughing:

I was one year behind him at Michigan. Fuck, I feel old.

Damn that 1992-93 team during my freshman year was deep as hell:

Fab Five
Michael Talley
Eric Riley
James Voskuil

and

GM Rob Lowe @bruin @bruin228

Last edited: