• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Tournament - Midwest Region Discussion

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
At 34-0, I think you had to give them the #1 seed whether you thought they deserved or not.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The committee intentionally effed WSU, Charles has it right. Sucks that they play personal games with the brackets but it is what it is, now that the only team I really cared about is out I'm all upsets without regard to anything else. I also want to have the worst Elite 8/Final 4 possible for the viewership. Come on down Dayton, come on down SFA, lets get Creighton and SDST in there too. Where Memphis and ISU at? Mercer and UK to just piss off everybody for having UK in there.

Wop Genius

I do agree that bracket was stacked, doe. Wichita state is a great team...but did they really play anyone to warrant a one seed? That tough Mo Valley schedule....

A lot of their seed was because of how high they started pre-season because of last year's run. But still, you can only play the teams on your schedule and they beat them all. They can't help it that the MVC was historically bad this year and they lost their only other competitor. They can't help that their best non-con wins, Saint Louis and Tennessee, ended up crapping down their legs. Still, SLU and Tennessee, along with Tulsa and BYU, all made the tournament.

I have no affection for WSU, but they played arguably the most talented freshman class in history to a near draw. That is a national championship-level team that is full of immature headcases that have finally started to come together. If WSU weren't deserving of a 1 seed, where do you think they should have been seeded? Certainly no lower than 2.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
We talking conspiracy? This is awesome if that is the case. Could the entire tournament be a fraud? Skeleton debates?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
A lot of their seed was because of how high they started pre-season because of last year's run. But still, you can only play the teams on your schedule and they beat them all. They can't help it that the MVC was historically bad this year and they lost their only other competitor. They can't help that their best non-con wins, Saint Louis and Tennessee, ended up crapping down their legs. Still, SLU and Tennessee, along with Tulsa and BYU, all made the tournament.

I have no affection for WSU, but they played arguably the most talented freshman class in history to a near draw. That is a national championship-level team that is full of immature headcases that have finally started to come together. If WSU weren't deserving of a 1 seed, where do you think they should have been seeded? Certainly no lower than 2.

Id say a 2 but they did run their schedule, thus they earned the one.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We talking conspiracy? This is awesome if that is the case. Could the entire tournament be a fraud? Skeleton debates?

They got the most loaded bracket, as the 2nd #1 overall. It isn't a conspiracy as much because it is definitely the most loaded bracket. Lower some teams a seed and throw them in the mixer.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also Kentucky is definitely the most talented 3 seed ever, much less an 8th. Like Creighton said they are coming together which means they might as well be the favorite at this point, they're better than anybody else in the tournament and now they are actually playing as a team.

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
Awesome game between Wichita and Kentucky. Pretty clearly two top 10, Championship caliber teams. Shitty/nonsensical that they had to play in the 2nd round, but it is what it is

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
It's absolutely hilarious seeing the arena in Raleigh half-empty because of Duke fans who bought tickets.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone else happy Wichita State is out so you can watch a game without hearing about how "disrespected" they are?

The went to the Final Four last year and undefeated this year. No one is saying they're Kansas Blind Academy.

Heisman06

How anyone can watch that game and discredit Wichita State is mind-bottling. They went toe-to-toe with the most talented team in the country on a big stage. This isn't Kentucky going through the motions against Souf Carolina. This is a inspired, putting it all together Kentucky that likely goes to the championship if it beats Louisville. Props to both teams... Hell of a game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There is a really good chance that we'll have an 8 vs. 11 in the Elite Eight. I don't think it will happen, but I'd probably give it about a 30% chance or so. Tennessee is a bad matchup for Michigan. Kentucky, who the hell knows? I think they come apart against Louisville, but they're such a dangerous team when they're playing well.

Brick

Wichita is fucking good. How could have watched them in that game and came to any other conclusion is....absurd.

But I hate their narrative as much as anyone else, so fuck them. I also picked Kentucky to go to the Final Four.

Chase

Wichita was awesome today. Kentucky was just a little better. Wichita today would have beaten any other team I've seen in the tourney.

Kentucky beat Louisville back in November. Tossup game really.

Bucksin04

Lawd. The last time UK and U of L played in the tournament, there were riots.

Yup. Definitely going to see if I can get some people together to head down to the bars in Indianapolis on Friday night because I'm sure it's going to be insane down there.

GTfan27

Yup. Definitely going to see if I can get some people together to head down to the bars in Indianapolis on Friday night because I'm sure it's going to be insane down there.

If UK wins then Lexington is going to be a shit show. The Louisville celebration last year was nothing compared to the UK Final Four riots two years ago.

They were just flipping over random cars and fuckin setting them on fire.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is that why the G8Rs beat them 3 times this season?

If UK is playing like a team they shit on the G8Rs. They played like a true team for the first time against WSU, which means they could easily revert back to the team they have been for most of the year. They are so much more talented than the G8Rs though, you can't deny that even in your homered mindset.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
@GR8 2 B FL G8R did you write this :laughing:

It’s impossible for a Michigan game not to be entertaining, which is both good and bad for the Wolverines. On one hand, Michigan is so lethal from the 3-point line, it feels like someone hacked the settings of a video game and turned every Wolverine’s shooting up to 99.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

In my introductory phrases of five words or more, I use a comma. If an introductory phrase is less than that, I don't use a comma. All introductory clauses get a comma, but "on one hand" is just a phrase.