• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCFL II Round 1 Due by Saturday @ Noon CST

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Introduction
The National College Football League is a sim style league that has tournaments every month. Games are played via unranked online play on Xbox Live.

At the beginning of each month, 8 teams will face off in a single elimination tournament. Bracket seeding is drawn at random.

Tournament Format
NCFL sanctioned tournaments follow a double elimination format. Places 1-4 are decided by tournament results, and places 5-8 are determined by point differential.

Each tournament begins on the first Friday of each month with one round per week. Every NCFL tournament takes three weeks to complete. This large amount of time is to provide busy players ample time to schedule a game with another player.

NCFL tournaments must have eight participants. There is no restriction on the amount of concurrent NCFL tournaments. If the a monthly tournament has more than eight applicants, those players are added to the tournament seeding with only seeds 1-8 actually participating. This means everyone has an equal chance to participate each month. If the number of applicants is divisible by eight, additional tournaments will be held concurrently with tournament champions competing in a tournament of champions the last week of the month.

Rules
Games will be played with 7 minute quarters on Heisman difficulty.

Players may only attempt a fourth down conversion if it is 4th & 1 or less or if they are losing in the 4th quarter.

Two point conversions only if the scores are within two possessions. This means you may only go for two if you are ahead or behind by less than 14.

Nano blitzes and run commit are not allowed.

If a player disconnects, the game is restarted. The NCFL has a "three strikes" disconnect policy. When a player disconnects for a third time, they lose the game automatically. Players who generate a reputation of abusing the three strikes rule to avoid losses will be banned from NCFL play.

All rules and tournament formats are subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
This league is for those of us who want to play casual games away from the dynasty model. With all but the BSCFL shutting down, this will keep some of us busy until new rosters show up.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
[sup] NCFL-II.png NCFL II: Pac-12 vs. Big XII[/sup]

Sign up with your Gamertag and team of choice from the Pac-12 or Big XII conference.

Seeding
Seeding will be based on the NCFL leaderboard. We'll use a similar bracket format to NCFL I. New entrants will be seeded last in order of registration.

Rule Changes
To make for more realistic games, we are decreasing quarter length to 5 minutes. This should get rid of the crazy shootouts. Feel free to post any other suggestions for changes to the rules.

Bracket
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t15BtP1pzHZs_qfz6mOqvH_4eH5m1323UKd-CIh5CDw/edit?usp=sharing

ok-state.gifstanford.png usc.gifzona.pngf9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif
@RamesuThe1 Oklahoma State
@fonzilla Stanford
@PSUEagle USC
@bruin228 Arizona
@JSU Zack Oklahoma

Last edited:

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I know I mentioned in the rules that we have to have 8 players, but I can get creative with byes and such to use an odd number.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'll play, but I'll need to look at teams later this afternoon to see who I want. EA's default rosters are brutal on Nebraska so not sure I would do them.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
We should all use the NCAA 15 rosters that the LSU dude did on OS. I assume they will work if we all download them (that's more of a question than a statement).

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
We should all use the NCAA 15 rosters that the LSU dude did on OS. I assume they will work if we all download them (that's more of a question than a statement).

Agreed. Anyone have the kid's gamertag? I'll just start using those as the default rosters for everything. With all of us playing, we can give him feedback.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
One more spot left until we have enough to have a full tourney. If you know someone who would be interested, forward them here. We can also take more than 8 and figure out the brackets.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
GT for rosters is Call Me LSU

I think they need a bit of touching up but they're pretty good

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Pretty sure it doesn't matter if it is ranked or unranked, online lobby games default to EA's default rosters. It doesn't matter what rosters you download or if both people have them. The only thing that changes is the player names, not even their numbers or appearances. For example, if he took graduating Taylor Martinez and turned him into a new incoming Freshman OL, when we get online in game, it will have that OL's name on QB #3's body. No appearance or ratings changes.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Part of me wants to be Clemson but I don't want to have the highest rating team. I'll be Georgia Tech.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Pretty sure it doesn't matter if it is ranked or unranked, online lobby games default to EA's default rosters. It doesn't matter what rosters you download or if both people have them. The only thing that changes is the player names, not even their numbers or appearances. For example, if he took graduating Taylor Martinez and turned him into a new incoming Freshman OL, when we get online in game, it will have that OL's name on QB #3's body. No appearance or ratings changes.

Can someone test this?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I don't see why it would be any different from regular lobby games. The only rosters used online are the base EA default rosters that came with the disc on release day. If you have another roster set loaded, it will use the names on those rosters but not the ratings. I don't really play unranked games so I have no idea if it is different, but I would assume not.

I might switch from GT to UCLA. I'll have to look at the default rosters again.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
When is this starting by the way? I'm driving back home early Saturday but I should be good to go late Saturday/early Sunday.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
When is this starting by the way? I'm driving back home early Saturday but I should be good to go late Saturday/early Sunday.

1st round starts Friday night and goes through Sunday night. As a test run, we're only going to play on the weekends similar to the NCAA basketball tournament.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
If you can put my first game on Sunday, that'd be great.

It's up to y'all to schedule games between yourselves. As long as everyone is done by Sunday, I'm cool. Also, I can make exceptions for early Thursday games or late Monday games as needed, but I don't want us to get crazy because I'll want to post updates regularly. This way, everyone knows what's going on with everyone else in the league.

P.S. Smack talk is encouraged around here. The more shit you talk, the funner it usually gets.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Got it.

Well, to whoever I'm playing first round, we'll play Sunday. Also, you suck.

Am I doing it right?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
It's up to y'all to schedule games between yourselves. As long as everyone is done by Sunday, I'm cool. Also, I can make exceptions for early Thursday games or late Monday games as needed, but I don't want us to get crazy because I'll want to post updates regularly. This way, everyone knows what's going on with everyone else in the league.

P.S. Smack talk is encouraged around here. The more shit you talk, the funner it usually gets.

In that case who is playing for second?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
We can start with 6. I seriously doubt IForm plays (he was in the MAC and just disappeared for 6 months until now. Did the same thing the year before).

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
We can roll with seven if we do some weird stuff with the byes. I'll get a full bracket posted around 3:30 as long as it doesn't get to busy at the office.