• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

[NFL] 2014 Draft Prospect Discussion

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Here we will tombout the prospects for the upcoming draft. Who do you want your team to take? Who do you NOT want your team to draft? Who from your school will make a gr8 NFL player? Who from your school will probably be a bust?

NML

For da Jags

Cool with Bridgewater or Footbaw. No to Bortles. Meh on Clowney and Watkins. Be really disappointed to take anyone else. Already been said that Clowney won't go past the Jags. Hopefully Texans take Bortles and they don't fuck it up and go with the Buffalo guy or something.

Ideally, they take their QB with the 3rd pick, and get some more pieces with their other 10 picks. Need a center, right guard, OLB, and depth at WR, LEO, RB, TE, and the rest of the O-line.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

For the Gators:

We are losing 3 corners to the draft - Purifoy, Roberson, and Watkins. All will be gone by the third round. We have already reloaded at the position, to the point that you might be able to call Florida: Cornerback U. If this crop produces like I think they will, this would not be a far stretch considering Joe Haden has already proven himself to be a top 5 CB in the league.

I think Roberson and Purifoy are also going to be stars in the NFL. I don't think Watkins is going to be that good.

Purifoy is better than Roberson. Watkins is just a grade below both of them. I would like the Saints to take Purifoy or Roberson with their 2nd round pick, if either one is still on the board. I would not like Jaylen Watkins in the 3rd. If he somehow slips to the 4th, I would be okay with the pick.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm reel interested to see where de'anthony Thomas winds up, and if he can carve out a legit role in the NFL. Maybe if he roids out and gains 20lbs, idk.

I mean, Clowney damn near kept pace with dat in the 40 in a side by side run. What happens to dat when the 260 pounders can consistently catch him, and crush him? :laughing:

Maybe he gets lucky and scores 100 punt returns before he gets broken in half, probably not.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Not sure if brick is trolling, but I legitimately find the Draft interesting...

For da Jags

Cool with Bridgewater or Footbaw. No to Bortles. Meh on Clowney and Watkins. Be really disappointed to take anyone else. Already been said that Clowney won't go past the Jags. Hopefully Texans take Bortles and they don't fuck it up and go with the Buffalo guy or something.

Ideally, they take their QB with the 3rd pick, and get some more pieces with their other 10 picks. Need a center, right guard, OLB, and depth at WR, LEO, RB, TE, and the rest of the O-line.

Didn't the Jags just have two good LTs? Monroe (top ten pick I think) and Joeckel (top 3 pick)? I guess they let Monroe walk already, so now you need to rebuild the line...AGAIN?

NML

Monroe got traded to the Ravens in the middle of the year for a 4th and 5th. Joeckel didn't look good at right when he played, but the hope is that moving him back to left will help him improve. Beadles from Denver was brought in to play left guard, very sturdy but overpaid. Brad Meester was the Jags center for the past 28 seasons and he finally rode of into the sunset after catching a 15 yard pass his last home game. They have Mike Brewster, but he hasn't really played so it's hard to say where he is. Austin Pasztor is a guy who was drafted (by Minnesota) as a guard but thrived when the Jags picked him up and put him at right tackle. Right guard right now would probably be Will Rackley, but he's below average. That's basically how I would describe every lineman the Jags have outside of Joeckel (although he was definitely below average last year), Beadles, and Pasztor.

The Jags were actually a decent NFL team after their bye - they went 4-4, won three straight road games, and other than week 17 against the Colts they were in every game. The defense showed flashes and they definitely have some playmakers offensively; Cecil Shorts is a baller, Ace Sanders is versatile, obviously Blackmon could be great but probably won't see him anytime soon. If Gerhart can get the job done, they upgrade the interior of the line (and, honestly, a warm body is a push, so any talent is an upgrade), and the new pieces fit defensively they could even be watchable.

They will remain unwatchable as long as Henne is their quarterback, doe. I'll be distraught if they don't take a QB with the #3 pick; unless of course it's Bortles in which case I'll be Rutgers Mike

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Cowboys draft, at least for the 1st round, is simple: find the biggest boom/bust player on the board. Draft him and watch him bust. Rinse. Repeat.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
SF's needs are CB and WR. They will probably pick those in the first two rounds unless someone slips and they see great value. They will also probably move up at some point using a late pick package like they usually do to pick up someone they really like. Most likely in the first round. Mostly CBs in the draft but a few have one of the late 1st WRs in there too. Probably need to grab a RB in the mid-late rounds and maybe some OL.

Interested to see if Cornellius and Marcus can contribute this year.

bruin

Kansas City Chiefs

Biggest needs: S, WR, OL, DB

#1 biggest fill is S. We let Kendrick Lewis walk(signed with Hou) who never recovered after a shoulder injury and need someone to lineup next to Eric Berry and hold the secondary down. Husain Abdullah who had a solid year last season and played great in the WC loss to Indy could fill in here. Also hear good things about 2nd year guy out of Georgia, Sanders Commings who could do some time here as well.

After Dwayne Bowe, KC's WR's go like this: Donnie Avery, A.J. Jenkins, and Junior Hemmingway. Chiefs need a true #2 who could stretch the field and take some pressure off of Alex Smith. Anybody from Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham Jr., or Brandin Cooks here, would be a great pick.

KC lost Geoff Schwartz and Jon Asamoah in FA. On PFF we have undrafted Rishaw Johnson filling in, who showed great in a week 17 loss in SD where KC rested most of their starters. But he is very raw. GM John Dorsey could surprise here and go OL. Most notably taking UCLA Bruin, Xavier Su'a-Filo.

Last edited:

Chase

Steelerz: They tend to go BPA and usually end up getting a guy who dropped and is great value for their selection.. recently Jarvis Jones (17th), David DeCastro (24), Pouncey (18). And even Ben and Polamalu were both guys who fell down to them.

They need to get a playmaker (WR/TE) or a CB in the 1st two rounds. Mayock said that if Ebron is there at 15, the Steelers won't pass on him. He's the ideal pick. They'll probably go either Ebron, Mike Evans or CB with Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard, whichever one falls.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefs need a true #2 who could stretch the field and take some pressure off of Alex Smith. Anybody from Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham Jr., or Brandin Cooks here, would be a great pick.

I am interested in the three WRs you named, and I think they will all be taken in the 1st round. The Saints pick at 27, and I would be fine with any of those three names.

NML

Outside of Bortles, Footbaw, and Bridgewater, what's the QB class like? Who's got scouting reports on Carr, McCarron, and that EIU dude? Anyone else that might be a starter?

DHawkeye

Eterna Optimis
Da Herkeyes:

C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) - Probably the first guy off the board for Da Herkeyes. 3rd round at best. He was "underutilized" these past 2 seasons, but he took a while to get his shit straight too, so there's that. Developed into a solid blocker, and an obviously attractive redzone target (is a legit 6'6"), but he's not going to outrun any DBs like Vernon Davis. Will be most attractive to teams who like "traditional" TEs and not swole WRs. Best nickname in the draft (The Polish Hat).

Anthony Hitchens/James Morris/Christian Kirksey (LB) - The best trio of LBs Iowa has seen under Kirk's tenure, and I'll be a little surprised if all of them don't get drafted at some point. Kirksey is the most athletic and has the most upside. He's likely worked his way into the 3-5 round range. Hitch and Morris are late round guys, Hitch because of size limitations (only about 6' even), and Morris because he's "cerebral" which is code for slow and white. They're all actually pretty decent athletes, all have been crazy productive, and all have made impact plays over the course of their careers. They also fit very different systems. Kirksey can run and cover, Hitch and Morris are more inside, plugger types (though Morris showed off some decent pass-rush instincts this season).

Connor Boffeli (OG) - Fringe draft prospect. Has been talked up by some sources, but he was pretty meh in my opinion. I like his linemate Van Sloten a lot better. Not big or strong but smart and knows his technique. 6-7 range if he's not an UDFA.

Brett Van Sloten (OT) - Got hurt late last year so probably won't get a call on draft day, but was a solid 2 year starter. Strictly a RT. Similar to Boffeli in that his strength is his technique, but has a little more push as well. Probably an UDFA.

B.J. Lowery (CB) - Kind of surprised he isn't getting more hype. Got burned on occasion throughout his career, but was a playmaker as well. 16 PBUs last year was best in Iowa history. Not big, but scrappy and athletic. Proof:

(Ignore the trog at the start)

Outside shot of getting drafted, but Iowa DBs have gotten a lot of attention in the draft over the years, almost on par with our TEs and OL, so somebody might take a shine to him. Plus his name is Boots Junior. Should get drafted on that fact alone.

Tanner Miller (S) - Won't get drafted, but might have a shot at a practice squad spot. "Overachiever" who took a while to put everything together. Not the second coming of Sean Considine.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

:laughing: the Polish Hat!

Could also be the Polish Internet Atheist

1394768855918.jpg

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Nobody decent coming out of BSU this year. Hopefully Southwick becomes a camp arm with Desean Jaccpot and gets shot. (He's a massive dickhead. Ex: getting sent home from a bowl game in Hawaii)

I'm still really hoping Mike Evans drops to the Steelers. Can someone explain all the hype behind Sammy Watkins?

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Probably somewhere in the top 15

If he falls to the Saints at 27, I will ejaculate rainbows upon the faces of dead Malaysians

fonzilla

Bears need a fucking safety. I wouldnt be mad who they draft as long as it is the best player available. They could use a impact player on any defensive positional group. But if Ebron is there they should scoop him up.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I saw a game. That's why I was asking. I don't really have much on him. I've seen Mike Evans play a lot that's why I was higher on him than Watkins.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
For the Gators:

We are losing 3 corners to the draft - Purifoy, Roberson, and Watkins. All will be gone by the third round. We have already reloaded at the position, to the point that you might be able to call Florida: Cornerback U. If this crop produces like I think they will, this would not be a far stretch considering Joe Haden has already proven himself to be a top 5 CB in the league.

I think Roberson and Purifoy are also going to be stars in the NFL. I don't think Watkins is going to be that good.

Purifoy is better than Roberson. Watkins is just a grade below both of them. I would like the Saints to take Purifoy or Roberson with their 2nd round pick, if either one is still on the board. I would not like Jaylen Watkins in the 3rd. If he somehow slips to the 4th, I would be okay with the pick.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA