• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

No Huddle Prostyle Offense?(Oklahoma 2009)

fanoftgame

I'm a prostyle guy on offense. However I would like to add some tempo to my offense. Before I would only no huddle if the defensive personnel was mismatched. Latley, I have fan some spread no huddle and limit really takes some pressure off trying to maintain these long constant drives. Also it helps stop alot of what the defense can do.

I remembered and article done by
smartfootball http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...homa-goes-on-the-run-to-beat?urn=ncaaf,196213

But after rereading it Im a little confused did OU keep the same personnel on the field and switch between defferent formations. Or did they substitute when they changed formations. And if it the latter were they really going no huddle?

Kintner

The 2008 Sooners with DeMarco Murray and Sam Bradford was really fast paced.

Many of the players played multiple positions.

DeMarco Murray would play as tailback or slot receiver.

Jermaine Gresham was big enough (didn't block as well) but would line up as a traditional tight end. When we would go to 4 wide, he would move right over to receiver.

Another tight end would frequently drop back to play fullback or even line up as a wide receiver. The actual fullback could play tight end.

The line was really, really good.

Bradford would be calling the next play as they were moving down field. There wasn't standing around at the line of scrimmage looking at signs on the sideline. Once everyone was in position they immediately got set and snapped the ball. And they would be running to the line of scrimmage after just about every play. They were faster than Oregon is today and Bradford had reign to audible as he saw fit. The team was incredibly conditioned. Rarely substituted and OU got a lot of free yards early on from illegal subs that year. If you subbed against them, they would intentionally snap the ball against you.

Their only losses that season (McCoy led Longhorns and Tebow led Gators) came against teams that could attack their defensive weakness -- linebacking corp was decimated by injuries -- and keep the offense off the field and slow down the game.