• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw gon' cook Oklahoma @ Tennessee - Nobody cares about your football teams so shut up about it

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I got free tickets for this game and am making the trip to Knoxville for this one. Hoping to cheer on the Vols to victory, but I have so little faith after the last 7 years. I'll have to see them win a big game before I will believe.

The Vols offense is going to be fine all year and is going to put up points on everybody. The problem is going to be the defense. The secondary was hit hard with injuries during camp and they got torched by Bowling Green. The front four didn't get nearly enough pressure either.

Who is Oklahoma's qb this year? Belldozer?

Soonerfan09

I got free tickets for this game and am making the trip to Knoxville for this one. Hoping to cheer on the Vols to victory, but I have so little faith after the last 7 years. I'll have to see them win a big game before I will believe.

The Vols offense is going to be fine all year and is going to put up points on everybody. The problem is going to be the defense. The secondary was hit hard with injuries during camp and they got torched by Bowling Green. The front four didn't get nearly enough pressure either.

Mayfield. OU can't run the ball even with two future first round RBs.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

The offensive coordinator is still Mike DeBord, right?

Gzk9TfG.gif

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Don't know much about either team except OU can't run and their defense most likely still sucks because Mike Stoops is still running things. Vols by a couple of scores.

Soonerfan09

Don't know much about either team except OU can't run and their defense most likely still sucks because Mike Stoops is still running things. Vols by a couple of scores.

Just based on this weekends results I'll take OU by 10. Vols D looked pretty bad (I didn't watch the game, just assuming) and OU was finally able to move the ball in the second half. All of that really means nothing, especially since OU is playing in Neyland and they had an offensive penalty on damn near every offensive possession in the first half.

We'll have to see what happens.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Finally taking the new wifey to Neyland?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They didn't play well at all, but that quarterback was dropping dimes like Peyton Manning on those 9 routes to the big slow white kid. He was like Ed McCaffrey out there with his sneaky white boy speed and kept getting behind the corner. After the rain delay, they put in Todd Kelly Jr and took out Eric Berry's little brother. 3 points given up after that. Hopefully they fixed the glitch.

Even if they did, their defense is never going to be dominant this year. If Tennessee wins this year, it is mostly going to be from outscoring people and I really think they are going to be able to do that to the majority of teams on their schedule. There are about 5 games out there that are going to be true toss ups. OU, UGA, UF, Bama, and Arkansas. I think they beat the rest of the teams on their schedule including that faggt Maty Mauk.

Last edited:

Brick

Can't wait for he misguided optimism of the winners here. /engage

The hype around Dobbs is mind-bottling. Remember, this guy went 11/20 for 92 yards and a 0/2 ratio against Vanderbilt two games ago.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
BGSU does that to a lot of teams. It's their MO. Their defense is usually putrid tho.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

The hype around Dobbs is mind-bottling. Remember, this guy went 11/20 for 92 yards and a 0/2 ratio against Vanderbilt two games ago.
He still won that game all by hisself on the ground. If that was Tebow, you'd say he was a gamer and open wide.

What hype though? I haven't seen much hype about Dobbs.

EDIT

I forgot Hurd got hurt that game.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

nah, even if OU wins, they're still going to get mudholed by at least Baylor and OSU, prolly TCU as well, plus another close loss to a team they should beat, like Texas.

Wooly

Yeah, but at this point, I'm in the same boat as Soufpaw. Not going to have faith in OU until they prove it, especially on defense.
It's fun to watch you guys try and out bad mouth your own teams. Someone is going to be a very disappointed grinch when their team wins

Taishair

I want to go SEC on this one but I just don't see it. I'm going OU even though that burns my soul to consider. 42-36 OU

Brick

Tennessee will win. OU has no run game and extended highlights showed their line getting wrecked by Akron. Mayfield will throw 3 picks.

Herrb

Really who doesn't want to watch Mayfield sling it? win or lose. I thought he was done for when Kingsbury wouldn't give him a scholarship.

Soonerfan09

I'll take OU by 14, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose. Will definitely know a lot more about them after this game if nothing else.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
i'm going with Tennessee by 10. thinking about ditching work to watch the game. not really, but i want to watch OU suck so i can actually cum this time.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
could the OU band please fuck off even more than normal, please?

hey look, i'm a member of the OU band and it's 3rd down:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I was going to call this the "OU-UT Womens College Basketball Semifinal (4pm ESPNW)" thread, but this works

Soonerfan09

OU might have made a lot of mistakes tonight and they might not be that good, but it's been a long time since I've seen them play this hard and show that they actually want to win.

I went with Rum at the half BTW.